Elizabethan Restaurant

anonymouse

Saw in yesterdays CM Mail an advert and a unbiased review :o for an Elizabethan English restaurant just opened near Rimping condo.

I'm looking forward to giving the place a try and wish them the best of luck but imho they must be either incredibly naive, have balls bigger than King Kong or know something I don't about the demand for 16th Century English food in Chiang Mai if they think this place will last.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw in yesterdays CM Mail an advert and a unbiased review :o for an Elizabethan English restaurant just opened near Rimping condo.

I'm looking forward to giving the place a try and wish them the best of luck but imho they must be either incredibly naive, have balls bigger than King Kong or know something I don't about the demand for 16th Century English food in Chiang Mai if they think this place will last.

Why limit the rhetorical question to only 16th Century English food?

Saw in yesterdays CM Mail an advert and a unbiased review :D for an Elizabethan English restaurant just opened near Rimping condo.

The demand for food in general? :o

Elizabethan food . . . that would be slabs of roasted meat (BBQ, Mookatat) and gallons of ale (Chang) . . . . it could work!

JxP :D

Well, lets face it, anything is better than the burgeoning supply of <deleted> yank crap in this fair city :D

Hmmm jugged hare, roasted haunch of venison, whole pigs head washed down with foaming stoops of ale served by busty wenches.

I'm in :o

As long as the wenches don't have Adam's Apples, you can count me in! :D

I think the only place you'll have to worry about finding an Adam's apple is in the Roast Phillipine Royale.

Seems to me that all the Brit restaurants keep closing down: Queen Vic, Hungry Horse, The Gatehouse. Maybe <deleted> is in the eye of the beholder! :o

The Queen Vic isn't closed down. (why do you persist with this one)

The Gatehouse was doing Fondue (that's not British, by the way)

The Pub is still open (20+ years)

The Olde Bell is doing fine

Blackpool Bar and various back-soi places selling English food ares still open.

And The Red Lion .... still thriving after 10 years!!!

Seems to me that all the Brit restaurants keep closing down: Queen Vic, Hungry Horse, The Gatehouse. Maybe <deleted> is in the eye of the beholder! :o

This website could quite easily give that impression . . . .

JxP

This website could quite easily give that impression . . . .

JxP

Interesting - however ......

In reply to Ulysses G's question about British breakfast, Austhaied told him it was still open - yesterday.

The Queen Vic is still there and does the best breakfast in town, closely followed by The Pub.. :D

And he replied

Thanks. I was starving.

I just had Eggs Benedict with fried potatoes, followed by a hot cinnamon bun at Art Cafe.

Next time! :D

It looked odd to me but I'm sure there is a good explanation.

Because of this: The Queen Vic's Website

I am guessing that Austhaied didn't know. :o

I thought that Austhaied was telling you it is open. But that was only because he said

The Queen Vic is still there and does the best breakfast in town

maybe he should have been clearer!!

I went there 2 nights ago and it was open. I have now seen the web-site, but that only tells me that they have a legal dispute. It doesn't tell me it is closed. I have been there very recently and so has Austhaed so let's assume it is open until somebody says otherwise shall we? It may affect his business, after all.

By the way, I've only met the guy once,and have no interest in this matter other than to point out that rumour-mongering about other peoples business should be avoided in an onlibe forum. Let's stick with the facts shall we.

Sorry, their website says it is closed .

Looks like someone is going to have to swing by. :o

Nobody needs to swing by. :D

It says the Queen victoria website is closed. Website. Get it!!! :D

I and Austhaied have both told you within the last 2 days that it is open. What does that suggest? :D (winker).

Edited by KevinHUNT

Looks like someone is going to have to swing by. :o

I and Austhaied have both told you within the last 2 days that it is open. What does that suggest? :D (winker).

No need to get stroppy when you have been here (online) since 2004 with over 7000 posts as UG has you may have the priviledge of using the third person when referring to "oneself"

Looks like someone is going to have to swing by. :D

That it closed after you were last there possibly?

The Gatehouse - which is affiliated - just shut down a few days ago and I've seen that with my own eyes which is why I believed the rumors about the Vic and the website seemed to confirm it. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Looks like someone is going to have to swing by. :D

That it closed after you were last there possibly?

The Gatehouse - which is affiliated - just shut down a few days ago and I've seen that with my own eyes which is why I believed the rumors about the Vic. :o

It's was still open when I passed yesterday, late afternoon. Maybe they should make it a bit clearer on there website that they are still open for business for now. :bah:

Edited by anonymouse

Good grief children!

Maybe one party is in control of the Queen Vic website and maybe another is in control of the establishment and maybe they are in dispute - just maybe, I would hate to be accused of rumour mongering!

However, it seems that whatever business problems they may or may not have, they are still open and still serving what is in some people's opinion the best breakfast in town.

Anyway, sausages are my main issue - The Laughing Leprechaun is the only place that ever got that right by using Yorkies genuine pork bangers, I'll get my lardy breakfast butt over to the Queen Vic shortly to see what their sausages are like and report back - UG, it's a race!!

JxP