Counting The Days?

Just to be clear its not the number of entries in 180 days, it is the total count of days?

I need to stay here until the end of March at which time I will be leaving the country for good.

By my count (visa free days total 82, 3 entries) I still should have 8 visa free days left? Will they stamp me in at the airport for 8 days? Any ideas for convincing the duty officer as to allowing this?

My idea; come in with the 8 days, do a quick border hop a few days later, as then I will be in a new 180 day period, get a new 30 day stamp to stay to the end of February, hop again for 2nd 30 day stamp then bye bye LOS?

Did I figure this all right? In theory it works but in reality? Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

:o

My history-

New USA Passport Feb 2006

3 tourist visas 2006

Entries 2007-

X Jan1-Feb1

TR Feb2-May1

TR May12-Aug9

X Aug13-Sep6-25 days

X Sep9-Oct5-27 days

X Jan2-Jan31-30 days

Just to be clear its not the number of entries in 180 days, it is the total count of days?

I need to stay here until the end of March at which time I will be leaving the country for good.

By my count (visa free days total 82, 3 entries) I still should have 8 visa free days left? Will they stamp me in at the airport for 8 days? Any ideas for convincing the duty officer as to allowing this?

My idea; come in with the 8 days, do a quick border hop a few days later, as then I will be in a new 180 day period, get a new 30 day stamp to stay to the end of February, hop again for 2nd 30 day stamp then bye bye LOS?

Did I figure this all right? In theory it works but in reality? Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

:o

My history-

New USA Passport Feb 2006

3 tourist visas 2006

Entries 2007-

X Jan1-Feb1

TR Feb2-May1

TR May12-Aug9

X Aug13-Sep6-25 days

X Sep9-Oct5-27 days

X Jan2-Jan31-30 days

Actually it is the total number of days in a 6 month period. NOT 180 days.

Supbangkok, I'll do this but it's going to involve a wee bit of conjecture because your data

is not entirely clear. The rule is 90 days in 6 months for visa-exempt. # entries irrelevant.

AUG 13 - SEP 6 = 25 days

SEP 9 - OCT 5 = 27 days

JAN 2 = JAN 31 = 30 days ( I have to guess this is your proposed stay)

Yes, I also came out with 82 used days.

Your intial entry AUG 13 started the 6 month period, there should be a highlighted #1

above this stamp. Your 6 month period will end FEB 12. Theoretically you should be

entitled to 8 more days but you may only get 7 if exit and re-enter on same date. As

you can see you're going to be short. It may be possible for you to obtain an additional

7-day extension. Or, you can plan on spending a few days outside the country.

The first date you would be allowed to re-enter Thailand on another visa-exempt

would be FEB 13. Other variables, proof of onward travel, what the individual immigration

officer chooses to do, are beyond my intuitive scope. Yes, I concur wholeheartedly. :o

Supbangkok, I'll do this but it's going to involve a wee bit of conjecture because your data

is not entirely clear. The rule is 90 days in 6 months for visa-exempt. # entries irrelevant.

AUG 13 - SEP 6 = 25 days

SEP 9 - OCT 5 = 27 days

JAN 2 = JAN 31 = 30 days ( I have to guess this is your proposed stay)

Yes, I also came out with 82 used days.

Your intial entry AUG 13 started the 6 month period, there should be a highlighted #1

above this stamp. Your 6 month period will end FEB 12. Theoretically you should be

entitled to 8 more days but you may only get 7 if exit and re-enter on same date. As

you can see you're going to be short. It may be possible for you to obtain an additional

7-day extension. Or, you can plan on spending a few days outside the country.

The first date you would be allowed to re-enter Thailand on another visa-exempt

would be FEB 13. Other variables, proof of onward travel, what the individual immigration

officer chooses to do, are beyond my intuitive scope. Yes, I concur wholeheartedly. :o

Because you will be short, maybe a trip to Vientiane for a tourist visa is in order?

Youre a brave man Cali. I can never grasp the maths with this.

Super brave ... without a lot of grasp about the world about him.

Not brave, since October 2006, it's a couple of hundred hours analyzing all the relevant information

pertaining to visa-exempt entries and tourist visas. Those with a more worldly grasp can answer

the next 50 visa-exempt questions and do the necessary calculations. If you have the balls patpong. :o

Well was thinking of Laos but oh what a pain. I am happy to fly anywhere or buy return tickets but have little interest in going for a visa again.

I have to take a small trip 1/31-2/3 so would need to get a double entry and that seems unlikely these days? Any others with thoughts? Double entry in Penang?

Oh what a mess and it really just makes me sour on my whole 3 years here. Counting the days to get out...

And Mr. Lite, it seems as everyone agrees that it is 180 days, as how long is a month? 28 Days? 30 Days? or 31 days? Even Thai Immigration in there infinite wisdom would need to have a numerical value assigned to the length of stay.

Well was thinking of Laos but oh what a pain. I am happy to fly anywhere or buy return tickets but have little interest in going for a visa again.

I have to take a small trip 1/31-2/3 so would need to get a double entry and that seems unlikely these days? Any others with thoughts? Double entry in Penang?

Oh what a mess and it really just makes me sour on my whole 3 years here. Counting the days to get out...

And Mr. Lite, it seems as everyone agrees that it is 180 days, as how long is a month? 28 Days? 30 Days? or 31 days? Even Thai Immigration in there infinite wisdom would need to have a numerical value assigned to the length of stay.

Many members are getting double entry tourist Visas in Vientianne.

And a Month is a Month, be it 28, 30 or 31 days.