Current Weather

filipef

A few days (weeks?) ago, i was reading someone complaining about weather in Pattaya, saying it was too cold, specially in the evening.

I am supposed to get there in 2 weeks, what can i expect? What is the weather like, now?

the weather is sunny and bloody hot and when you arrive it will be most probably sunny and bloody hot :o

p.s. most of the time the weather in Pattaya is sunny and bloody hot :D

That's funny. :o

Out here in Pong it was snowing this morning and all the kids were out throwing snowballs and making snowmen.

It's warmed up a bit tonight and we all went swimming, but sleat, hail and electrical storms are forecast for the morrow.

I guess the weather is very localised, Nam? :D

Don't know if any body else agrees, but today was "hot" like the first day of the Hot season, be nice to see some rain!

Apart from a week of cool weather back in November, it's been far too hot for the season. I've really been hoping for another cool break, but here we are in mid-January already and no sign of it.

Out here in Pong it was snowing this morning and all the kids were out throwing snowballs and making snowmen.

It's warmed up a bit tonight and we all went swimming, but sleat, hail and electrical storms are forecast for the morrow.

it is indeed Mobi. thinking of moving to your neighbourhood. by the way, how much do you pay for heating oil? and is the supply regular and reliable? have also no idea where to buy winter tyres and snow chains for our cars.

I thought you lived on the dark side of Sukhumvit in Pattaya. At least you don't have to worry about all the crazy Farang motorcyclists out there?

it is indeed Mobi. thinking of moving to your neighbourhood. by the way, how much do you pay for heating oil? and is the supply regular and reliable? have also no idea where to buy winter tyres and snow chains for our cars.

Joking apart, we had the cold snap the everyone had around late November, and more recently, over Christmas it cooled down again for about a week, particularly during mornings and evenings.

Even now, I would say that out in the Mabprachan area, it is still not that hot. We get a breeze blowing for most of the time, and up to around midday, it is very pleasant, and then from around 4.30 in the afternoon it cools down again. I can sit out on my terrace with no fans on, and the humidity is quite low. The pool is even a little on the chilly side.

If past years are anything to go by, the weather will remain like this out here until late March - early April.

The joys of the Darkside :D

I thought you lived on the dark side of Sukhumvit in Pattaya. At least you don't have to worry about all the crazy Farang motorcyclists out there?

Oh my dear Tropo, if only you bothered to read what I posted instead of getting all worked up when I dared to cast aspersions on the skills of farang motorcyclists, you would know that my thread was mainly abaout farangs riding without helmets on the "Darkside", where I see them every day, dicing with death. :o

And even in this cold weather, they still refuse to wear shirts :D

A few days (weeks?) ago, i was reading someone complaining about weather in Pattaya, saying it was too cold, specially in the evening.

I am supposed to get there in 2 weeks, what can i expect? What is the weather like, now?

Back on topic, when people moan about it being cold here they are talking about night time temperatures of about 18 degrees C, which would be a pleasant day in the UK that would see all the beaches packed out. Those of us that have lived here for a while have become acclimatised, and 18 feels quite chilly.

I went back to the UK in October and daytime temps were about 8 degrees, never been so cold in my life, especially having to go outside for a smoke. (Cigarette you degenerates)

Oh my dear Tropo, if only you bothered to read what I posted instead of getting all worked up when I dared to cast aspersions on the skills of farang motorcyclists, you would know that my thread was mainly abaout farangs riding without helmets on the "Darkside", where I see them every day, dicing with death. :o

Oh my dear Mobi, cold for you after spending too many years in the tropics, but not cold for Nothern European, Canadians and Russians.

How do you see motorcyclist sans shirts in Pattaya when you're in Pong? I'm no great student of Thailand's geography, but isn't that up north near Chiang Mai?

Edited by tropo

Oh my dear Mobi, cold for you after spending too many years in the tropics, but not cold for Nothern European, Canadians and Russians.

How do you see motorcyclist sans shirts in Pattaya when you're in Pong? I'm no great student of Thailand's geography, but isn't that up north near Chiang Mai?

Mobi 1 - 1 Tropo

(i hope someone scores a late winner before another thread goes into overtime)

Back on topic, when people moan about it being cold here they are talking about night time temperatures of about 18 degrees C, which would be a pleasant day in the UK that would see all the beaches packed out. Those of us that have lived here for a while have become acclimatised, and 18 feels quite chilly.

I went back to the UK in October and daytime temps were about 8 degrees, never been so cold in my life, especially having to go outside for a smoke. (Cigarette you degenerates)

I noticed that. I'm originally from northern Scotland, but after living in Bangkok I used to spend Christmas and New Year in Chiang Mai and all the Thais and us localised expats would be huddled around braziers at night wearing whatever jumpers and jackets we had drinking whisky with hot water while the tourists were wearing singlets drinking iced beer and sweating up a storm.

I used to swear I was getting frostbite driving on a motorbike outside the ring road as you seemed to hit a wall of cold on leaving the city. It was probably 14 degrees centigrade

I went camping with some Thais in the mountains and it was cold enough for ice to form on the trees on the first night and you would have sworn that we'd all come down with pneumonia and bubonic plague we were so miserable. There was a rebellion and the camping trip was cut short as everyone wanted to get off the antartic mountains and back to the relative warmth of Chiang Mai. The Thai girls we were with spent weeks talking about how they almost died that night!