Price For A Nescafe?

thaigerd

Would like to hear your experience:

Going to many places here in Phuket for having a coffee and many times when ordering a coffee they are serving Nescafe.

Nothing against it but when the check bin comes I'm a bit surprised: 40Baht(sometimes more) is quite a lot I think, or?

Is it Phuket or other places in Thailand same same???

Wanna hear your coffee experience!

Thanks,

Gerd

I have never figured out the coffee thing in thailand to me 20 baht is to much for instant coffee. Or what ever they throw at you. I am yet to get a brewed cup of coffee from good beans. It is either instant or expresso. I like expresso but I prefer a large cup of brewed coffee. At 30 or 40 baht and that is what I see I need 3 -4 to cure my urge. I am no into this little pleasure 5 bucks us I can do a whole pot a big pot for 20 baht at home so I no it can be done.

I have never figured out the coffee thing in thailand to me 20 baht is to much for instant coffee. Or what ever they throw at you. I am yet to get a brewed cup of coffee from good beans. It is either instant or expresso. I like expresso but I prefer a large cup of brewed coffee. At 30 or 40 baht and that is what I see I need 3 -4 to cure my urge. I am no into this little pleasure 5 bucks us I can do a whole pot a big pot for 20 baht at home so I no it can be done.

coffee is a money maker in Bars/ Restaurants

you can't compare what you can do at home. Alternatively calculate your time, gasoline to get the coffe, electricity, water, rent of your place and add this to your 20 Baht and you see in fact your home brewed coffee turns out more expensive than Baht 20 !!

Agree you can't compare DIY with resto prices. B40 for instant is high, for local places in my area (low overhead) places, its about 20-25. Think it also depends on location. There's a lady that sells a nice brewed cup at our small Tops for about B40.

What you expect?

You want real coffee go to a real coffee place. You want a price 40 bahts for a beans blend coffee? C'mon now. Phuket has became a tourist, high cost living now.

Or how much you wanna pay for Nescafe? 20 bahts?

Recommended: Thai Style coffee vendor. Nescefe 15 bahts and Thai Coffee 10-12 bahts.

Edited by legag

Hi

Was eating in a Italian restaurant here in Kata, after the seafood pizza there came with no cheese and 6 small shrimps WITH tale, i asked for a cup of capuchini, no hab, not even real coffee, and it’s a big place this, well never go there again.

My point was more along the lines hard to find a brewed cup of coffee and no you can not compare DIY to a restaurant for price comparason.

You want real coffee go to a real coffee place

Lets see beans water coffee grinder coffee maker "thats a big investment"

You are correct I better leave it to the pros this is just to much for a novice

sepl04

You are correct I used you formula just the rent part and I was at 333 baht a cup

Formula to include rent 20,000 Baht per month divided by 60(two cups a day) = 333.33 baht per cup I bettter stop.

20 baht is good

Maybe I can use my house for something else and bring this cost down

sepl04

You are correct I used you formula just the rent part and I was at 333 baht a cup

Formula to include rent 20,000 Baht per month divided by 60(two cups a day) = 333.33 baht per cup I bettter stop.

20 baht is good

Maybe I can use my house for something else and bring this cost down

:o:D:D

Would like to hear your experience:

Going to many places here in Phuket for having a coffee and many times when ordering a coffee they are serving Nescafe.

Nothing against it but when the check bin comes I'm a bit surprised: 40Baht(sometimes more) is quite a lot I think, or?

Is it Phuket or other places in Thailand same same???

Wanna hear your coffee experience!

Thanks,

Gerd

Gerd

It is a Phuket thing, everything is more expensive there. :D

40B does seem a little over the top for a Nescafe. It does not require any special equipment or skills. Heck is does not even require milk!!! :D Or are you getting real Nescafe?

The use of instant for all things coffee is not just a Thai thing, I have been served cappuccinos made from Nescafe, complete with frothed milk in a number of places on Oz. :o