Us Immigration Done Bass-ackwards

Perhaps nobody has exactly said so, but it appears our pro-Thai contingent is accusing the USA of singling out Thai nationals but not other countries' citizens. The law is clear that all foreigners/aliens must prove that they will return home and don't intend to stay past their permitted stay. Buses with wire on the windows are a common sight in south Texas - returning Latin Americans south of the Rio Grande.

Perhaps, in practice, Thais are given more scrutiny than White Caucasians. So are Latinos and Africans, I suspect.

Methinks it was the endless stream of aliens from countless countries, wishing to immigrate to the US (many of them by any means possible), that caused Congress to legislate as it did. It wasn't just a few Thais who spoiled it for the good Thai tourists.

This means, since she overstayed by four years, she will be unable to return to the U.S. for a period of 10 years and after that, most likely not able to get a visa again anyways. What you can do is get married in the U.S. as this will over-write her status and make her legal, or think about moving to Thailand, because if U.S. Immigration finds out, she will be deported and banned from entering the U.S. for 10 years.

Getting married does not automatically make her legal. She will have to still go through the whole application process anyway. And frankly, overstaying her visa 4 years will probably not be a benefit in the eyes of US immigration.

And hey, tell your GF thanks, because of people like her my husband had a very difficult time getting a visa when we first got married.

I agree on that one, my husband is a Brit and I'm American and Thai. Thanks to people who break the laws in all countries it is difficult for us to find a place where we can both live and work together without lengthy visa problems.

but in the truth in this situation everybody can enter land border with fake passport.

You would be the dumbest person on earth (sorry for my language) to enter the US with a fake passport.

Not exactly, u have no idea how many people every day do it (especially Ukrainians, Russians), but it's not a topic for public forum :o

but in the truth in this situation everybody can enter land border with fake passport.

You would be the dumbest person on earth (sorry for my language) to enter the US with a fake passport.

Not exactly, u have no idea how many people every day do it (especially Ukrainians, Russians), but it's not a topic for public forum :o

I know about that, but just because some people do it, it doesn't mean its the smartest thing on earth. If you get caught, you won't be deported but you'll be arrested under a different law that will most likely get you into a US jail for 5 years or more.

I know about that, but just because some people do it, it doesn't mean its the smartest thing on earth. If you get caught, you won't be deported but you'll be arrested under a different law that will most likely get you into a US jail for 5 years or more.

In my opinion if somebody is arrested on the border will be deported. If have fake passport - the same (but I am not sure - I don't know people who were catched with fake passport who were other nationality than Russians), but if he is Russian his country will not allow him to back, so he has to stay in jail (6-18 months) and then he can get green card. So sometimes it can be smart. I don't say it's the smartest thing on earth for everybody, but if u - in your country - can earn for example 100-200$ a month and u have to care about family, what can u do? In USA, without any documents, SS number, car, insurance, bank account u can earn (after half year, when u can learn something) about 2000-4000$. It's minimum 10 times more - so maybe u can't understand situation of people like that, because u are from Western World u have good education and life is much easier for u (maybe not easier, but u don't need to care too much about money). I think for them it's the smartest thing on earth, because USA is still country where if u have no profession, but u r not lazy, u wanna work - u can earn a lot :D