At Least 17 Britons Have Been Murdered In Thailand Since 2003

ThaiLife

Since this has been huge story and has sent bad vibes all around the world, I have decided to do some research into this story of 17 Brits being murdered in Thailand since 2003. And if the amount really was that high, then why and what reasons were they murdered etc...

Unfortunately, after doing thorough Google Searches in both Thai and English i have only been able to find news stories that make up much less than the 17. I thought this strange as Brit murders are always big stories.

Can anyone send me a link to the names of all the 17 who were murdered?

Anyone got any concrete proof?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done some research on this article. I thought the readers would like to read it.

The author Andrew Spooner personally listed me the names of the 17 Brits murdered since 2003, they are;

Paul Mason

Micahel Butcher

Michael Pitts

Robert Henry

Arthur Green

Terence Ramsey

Mark Lemetti

Vanessa Arscott

Adam Lloyd

Bernard Le Court

Richard Collins

Toby Charnaud

Debra O’Hanlon

James Hall

Katherine Horton

Mark Jones

Steven Parkinson

Actually, he missed on out 'Michael Connolly, so that makes 18.

Read the top of his artricle, it reads "Government is so reluctant to warn that the Land of Smiles is one of the most dangerous places on earth for its British residents"

Later he uses phrases like "Maintaining a cool-heart" "Hot-heart" "It's dark side is visible" etc...

This whole article indirectly blames the Thais for the murders.

Yet, I’ve read into all the murders and here are my stats:

There is no evidence that Terence Ramsey and Michael Pitts were murdered, so that leaves 16 (unless someone can find something on the Internet, you can prove me wrong).

The only story i can find about Michael Butcher reveals that he was obviously killed in a car crash (the word ‘Kah’ in Thai can mean ‘both murder’ and ‘untentionally kill’. Obviously something was lost in translation there and it was exaggerated to ‘murder’). That was manslaughter at most. That leaves 15.

Another case of manslaughter and not murder is Paul Mason, his girlfriend after the stabbing was left in a ‘critical condition’. Looks like self-defence. That leaves 14.

Mark Lemetti was murdered by a Pakistani. That leaves 13 murdered by Thais.

Martin Connolly was murdered by an American. That leaves 12 murdered by Thais.

Debra O’Hanley was murdered by a Brit. That leaves 11 murdered by Thais.

Robert Henry was murdered by a Brit.

That therefore leaves 10 Brits who were murdered by Thais in 5 years. An average of 2 a year! Why oh why was this not mentioned in the article!@ I've already told Andrew that his article was 'sensationalist'.

Edited by Stephen Cleary

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article3326545.ece

Have you seen them staggering down Sukumvit in the middle of the day, bare chested, old football tattoo's on thier forearms, drunk as skunks, arms around each other and singing..."here we go, here we go, here we go..."

I'm suprised it's only 17 :o

Hate to appear difficult but I've never seen that in the middle of the day in Sukhumvit. Not that I'm saying it's never, ever happened but it's hardly a daily event.

All these negative comments about us Brits , we gave the world Modern Medicine , Transport , A free health service ,DNA , the Internet , Sattelites, the Black Adder , Del Boy ,Punks, Mods, Skins and Football Hooliganism, Oh well I'm off to have nice fry up ( gutbuster special ) 20 beers , 60 cigarettes, A bottle of whisky and bit of slap and tickle with my Isaan woman - Here go , here we go !!!

And nobody else contributed to modern medicine? Hmmmm. I do have to thank the Brits for football, the best sport in the world. And tennis; that too is a great sport.

As for the real subject, while Stephen Cleary's research is admirable, I think there are probably more murders that were written off as suicides, particulary in Pattaya. But that's just a guess.

And nobody else contributed to modern medicine? Hmmmm. I do have to thank the Brits for football, the best sport in the world. And tennis; that too is a great sport.

As for the real subject, while Stephen Cleary's research is admirable, I think there are probably more murders that were written off as suicides, particulary in Pattaya. But that's just a guess.

Ok, I might concede a little on modern Medicine ,

As for the real subject , the problem we all know is the authorities don't excactly conduct a thorough investigation on one of their own peoples suspicious death's, let alone a foreigner , unfortunately thats the risk we take when coming here , sad but true.

bye the way ' Tennis ' is French

All these negative comments about us Brits , we gave the world Modern Medicine , Transport , A free health service ,DNA , the Internet , Sattelites, the Black Adder , Del Boy ,Punks, Mods, Skins and Football Hooliganism, Oh well I'm off to have nice fry up ( gutbuster special ) 20 beers , 60 cigarettes, A bottle of whisky and bit of slap and tickle with my Isaan woman - Here go , here we go !!!

Brilliant....I love it :o

bye the way ' Tennis ' is French

I know this is way off topic, but I can only find information that it was invented in England. A British-based Spaniard and a Brit who played it together are credited by some as the earliest inventors of the game. So, Spanish or British, but not French.

yes, Tennis was brought to us ' uncultural ' Brits , bye the aristocracy at the time , who had seen a similar game played by the French , it was later transformed into what we now know as ' lawn tennis '.

bet the bloke who hated our country for 28 years didn't know that , same he woulnd't have known about , - Newton, Brunei , stephenson, and dads army!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that. Going on from what wrote about some murders going down as suicides - well, it is possible i suppose.

Spooner in his article mentions suspicious suicides of Farangs jumping from their balconies!

Right on Spooner, the British government ought to release a warning 'Angry Pattaya women have the strength of Supergirl, pish one off and she, even though she weighs 45kg and is 5 foot 1, will be able to pick you up (6 foot tall and weighing 90kg) and throw you over a four feet high balcony!"

Or perhaps, all these farangs who jump over four feet high baconies in Pattaya were hypnotized by women who also played around with black magic!

Too many people have their heads buried in the sand when it comes to Thailand and violence.

Thailand is a very violent country and there are a lot of murders committed both local on local and local on foreigner.

I would love to see some reliable statistics on the number of tourists not just Brits that have been murdered or died in mysterious circumstances whilst on holiday in Thailand.

I fear that those statistics would probably make Thailand the most dangerous place to be a tourist in the world.

The Thai government has been woeful in dealing with many of these killings and the foreign embassies are really powerless to do much other than make offical complaints.

What can foreign governments really do anyway? They are not going to impose trade sanctions on Thailand. Every now and then they can issue a travel warning but apart from that you are on your own when you are in Thailand.

Too many people have their heads buried in the sand when it comes to Thailand and violence.

Thailand is a very violent country and there are a lot of murders committed both local on local and local on foreigner.

I would love to see some reliable statistics on the number of tourists not just Brits that have been murdered or died in mysterious circumstances whilst on holiday in Thailand.

I fear that those statistics would probably make Thailand the most dangerous place to be a tourist in the world.

The Thai government has been woeful in dealing with many of these killings and the foreign embassies are really powerless to do much other than make offical complaints.

What can foreign governments really do anyway? They are not going to impose trade sanctions on Thailand. Every now and then they can issue a travel warning but apart from that you are on your own when you are in Thailand.

Yes, i think many people have their heads buried in the sand and believe sensationalist reports about murders in Thailand (Andrew Drummond's latest on the Pai murder was a classic example).

Yes, they also believe the stuff about all the farangs dying in mysterious circumstances even though there isn't a speck of evidence.

Yes, Thailand can be a dangerous place for Farangs, especially guys who hang around Pattaya and either get drunk, get involved in fights or marry some gold-digger from that area.

Yes, i think many people have their heads buried in the sand and believe sensationalist reports about murders in Thailand (Andrew Drummond's latest on the Pai murder was a classic example).

Yes, they also believe the stuff about all the farangs dying in mysterious circumstances even though there isn't a speck of evidence.

Yes, Thailand can be a dangerous place for Farangs, especially guys who hang around Pattaya and either get drunk, get involved in fights or marry some gold-digger from that area.

Ignoring your attempt at irony the facts remain that thailand has a very high murder rate and tourists are murdered or die in mysterious circumstances with alarming frequency.

Further the Thai authorities are often very reluctant to try and catch the perpetrators and indeed seem to often try and cover up these crimes by calling then accidents or suicides completely ignoring all the evidence.

As for your comments about farangs in Pattaya.....does this mean they deserve to be murdered or it is any less of a crime....because they are drunk and/or have thai gfs?

Strange logic....

So for all us Brits in Thailand, are there any lessons to be learnt or more importantly any guidelines we could follow should we not wish to get murdered? Presumably, although the stats are rather shaky, the vast majority of Brits in Thailand are not slaughtered.

So what's the deal? Avoid marrying girls from Isan, avoid getting married to Thais in general? Avoid getting to know dodgy Thais? Avoid doing any sort of business in Thailand? Avoid drugs, hookers and gambling? Pretend to be dirt poor?

If there are any Brits still around to answer, your input would be most welcome. So lastly…hold on a moment there's someone at the door…good heavens what's that axe in his hand…I say old chap is that really….

but how many brits brought the trouble on themselves brits can be the most despectful arrogant people abroad deviod of manners for the locals

You must be from the "Hood" because no matter how bad you behave getting murdered is a bit of an over the top outcome, escpecially in the polite gentile society i was brought up in.

I dont think Brits are any more rude then any other nationality on holiday, just you probably spend most your time amongst Brits abroad so you dont get to see how bad the Germans, Russian, Yanks, Aussies, are etc...

The rudest people in the tourist resort are Thais and Indian suit sellers.