บริษัทกิจการร่วมค้า

DavidHouston

Does the term "บริษัทกิจการร่วมค้า" mean "joint venture" or "consortium"? Or, something else?

My understanding would be the same as your translation. Maybe somebody with a Thai MBA could come up with something better.

Does the term "บริษัทกิจการร่วมค้า" mean "joint venture" or "consortium"? Or, something else?

My understanding would be the same as your translation. Maybe somebody with a Thai MBA could come up with something better.

Sorry, my English was not clear: the question is whether the meaning is A, joint venture, or B, consortium. I don't think the word could mean both. A joint venture is " A contractual agreement joining together two or more parties for the purpose of executing a particular business undertaking. All parties agree to share in the profits and losses of the enterprise" whereas a consortium is " A group of individuals or companies formed to undertake an enterprise or activity that would be beyond the capabilities of the individual members." The implication is that the former is for a particular project whereas the latter is a continuing enterprise.

Thanks.

Have you found out what this means yet? I am following with interest. Does it all hinge on the meaning of ร่วมด้า or have I got it wrong. Where does the reference come from?

From a story in today's Matichon newspaper comes the following paragraph (display adjusted):

". . . แหล่งข่าวกล่าวว่า นอกจากนี้ บอร์ดจะติดตามความคืบหน้าในโครงการก่อสร้างระบบรถไฟชานเมืองช่วงบางซื่อ-ตลิ่งชัน ระยะทาง 15 กม. มูลค่า 8,748 ล้านบาท ที่มีเอกชนจำนวน 2 รายที่สนใจยื่นเอกสารประกวดราราคาเข้ามา ได้แก่

กลุ่มบริษัทกิจการร่วมค้า UNIQUE-CHUN WO JOINT VENTURE ประกอบด้วย

บริษัท ยูนิค เอ็นจิเนียริ่ง แอนด์ คอนสตรัคชั่น (มหาชน) จำกัด และ

Chun Wo Construction & Engineering Co.,Ltd และ

กลุ่มบริษัทกิจการร่วมค้า STCC JOINT VENTURE ประกอบด้วย

บริษัท ซินแท็ค คอนสตรัคชั่น จำกัด (มหาชน)

บริษัท ทิพากร จำกัด China State Construction Engineering (Thailand) Co.,Ltd และ

China State Construction Engineering Corporation "

So, like Kitty said, it seems that the term means "Joint Venture."

BTW, what does the phrase "รถไฟชานเมือง" connote? The term apparently means "suburban trains" but in the Thailand and Bangkok context, what areas in general are referred to as ชานเมือง? Thanks.

hmm.. ชานเมือง does mean suburban, however with Bangkok I don't think there's an official classification of surburban. There's ปริมณฑล as in กรุงเทพฯ และปริมณฑล but that means places like Nonthaburi and Samutsakorn, Samutsongkram.

What I think of as ชานเมือง are places such as.. Rangsit, Minburi, Chaengwattana, Onnuch, maybe even Jatujak for some people. Places that you usually have to take an expressway to get to the downtown areas of Siam, Silom, Sathorn, Sukhumvit.

From a story in today's Matichon newspaper comes the following paragraph (display adjusted):

". . . แหล่งข่าวกล่าวว่า นอกจากนี้ บอร์ดจะติดตามความคืบหน้าในโครงการก่อสร้างระบบรถไฟชานเมืองช่วงบางซื่อ-ตลิ่งชัน ระยะทาง 15 กม. มูลค่า 8,748 ล้านบาท ที่มีเอกชนจำนวน 2 รายที่สนใจยื่นเอกสารประกวดราราคาเข้ามา ได้แก่

กลุ่มบริษัทกิจการร่วมค้า UNIQUE-CHUN WO JOINT VENTURE ประกอบด้วย

บริษัท ยูนิค เอ็นจิเนียริ่ง แอนด์ คอนสตรัคชั่น (มหาชน) จำกัด และ

Chun Wo Construction & Engineering Co.,Ltd และ

กลุ่มบริษัทกิจการร่วมค้า STCC JOINT VENTURE ประกอบด้วย

บริษัท ซินแท็ค คอนสตรัคชั่น จำกัด (มหาชน)

บริษัท ทิพากร จำกัด China State Construction Engineering (Thailand) Co.,Ltd และ

China State Construction Engineering Corporation "

So, like Kitty said, it seems that the term means "Joint Venture."

BTW, what does the phrase "รถไฟชานเมือง" connote? The term apparently means "suburban trains" but in the Thailand and Bangkok context, what areas in general are referred to as ชานเมือง? Thanks.

Thank's, I think the กลุ่ม adds a lot.