Thai embassy in birmingham?

Any one know the number or address for birmingham please .and when do i need to apply for my visa's i'm leaving 6th of september for a year as a tourist,can i get 3 of those 60 day visa's and try and exstend them each by 30 days? or can you only get one?

And one more question what is that visa called,thanks alot.Ben

The Thai Consulate is located right above Birmingham New Street Station. The building is located besides a MacDonalds restaurant and has HSBC Bank signs outside(it does not mention Thai Consulate on the outside.)

You enter a reception and there  are application forms to fill in in a rack on the right.(from your posting I think you are wanting a Tourist Visa TR) After you have completed the form (and you have 2 recent photographs and your passport with you) you pick up the internal telephone and the guy comes down to you. You can get as many entries to Thailand as you require at a cost of 8 GB pounds each.(plus 5 GB pounds "collection fee", ie 3 entries 24GB pounds plus 5 GB pounds collection fee = 29 GB Pounds.). The whole business takes only minutes and you are on your way. You can apply for your visa at anytime  but you have to utilise the first entry within 3 months(I think!)

I have used Birmingham Consulate a number of times and it has always been quick and without problems.

PREM-R

:laugh:

So with the visa's you just have to use the first one within 3 months and then you can use the others in succeshion(grest spelling)?so realisticly i could get 3 entries and that would cover me for a minimum of 6 months maybe 9months if i could get the 30day exstentions from immigration offices?thank alot Ben....... ???

If you buy 3 entries you will be able to stay at least 6 months in Thailand but you should have no problems getting 30 day extensions which will mean that you can stay for up to 9 months.  When each entry (and extension) is about to run out you must leave Thailand and return to activate the next entry permit, you cannot stay in Thailand for the full 6 or 9 months without leaving for a "visa run".  Depending on your location you can visit Malaysia, Cambodia or Laos quite easily for this purpose, (see elsewhere on this site for help with visa runs).

It would appear that the price of Visa is about to rise so it may be worth making your application soon.

:o