Exciting Things To Do!

madcook

Hi, i am new to this board, and please forgive me if this has been posted already. I come to Thailand quite often (have family and friends here) but usually end up working. This trip i have promised myself to have more fun and relax. So please suggest some ideas, what's fun to do for a wokaholic that really needs to get out more, lol

Look forward to some responses!

Very Best regards

For starters, where are you going to be? BKK, CM, Pattaya, Phuket? How long are you going to be here and how much of that time is going to be vacation/holiday? Finally, what do you like to do--are you interested in cultural things, nighclubs, or the seedier side of things?

Anything in particular you want to stay away from or don't like doing (don't need to be too explicit here)?

You don't say where you will be in Thailand...

Muang Boran (Ancient City) in Samut Prakarn must be one of the most relaxing and beautiful parks (its more than just a park) in Thailand. You can easily spend a whole day there. They have a website... plus the Erawan Museum in Samut Prakarn town - absolutely stunning.

... This trip i have promised myself to have more fun and relax. So please suggest some ideas, what's fun to do for a wokaholic that really needs to get out more, lol ...

Try a 4 hands massage.

It's fun; it's relaxing; I bet you've never had one before and it doesn't take too long so you'll be able to rush back to the laptop and start work again.

Hi, many thanks for the responses, i can be a Muppet sometimes sorry. I will be in Bangkok for three weeks at the end of the month. I very rarely leave Bangkok, i prefer to be in the city, most of my friends live in or around bangkok, so it's easier. I have family in Nakon Sawan, but luckily, they are coming to Bangkok to visit me this time (bit too quiet for my liking) I'm not a fan of the beach, but pop down to Hua Hin now and again to visit a friend.

I don't go out in Silom much, although my hotel is there, saying that, i love sitting at o'reillys bar and watching the world go by during a day off.

I prefer to go to the RCA ( Route66) or the bed superclub on sukhumvit if i go out. Good restaurants are always a plus.

Done the whole bar scene years ago, met some cool people, so the seedy side of things (although fun) isn't really my cup of tea.

Enjoy meeting new people, some of the friends i have are the most boring people in the world, but you gotta love em!

The massage sounds interesting, i will see if that is going on at the spa in my hotel! lol

Cheers!

Hi,

Meditation! To learn to meditate would be a good option for a workaholic and will have long reaching benefits. The have courses in some of the temples.

Regarding the massage idea, have you considered learning how to give a massage, the courses in this are fun and I have not met a woman who does not like a good massage.

Regards,

Foggy

Hi,

Meditation! To learn to meditate would be a good option for a workaholic and will have long reaching benefits. The have courses in some of the temples.

Regarding the massage idea, have you considered learning how to give a massage, the courses in this are fun and I have not met a woman who does not like a good massage.

Regards,

Foggy

Hi Foggy, i have never given that much thought. I am traveling with my Brother on Saturday and will get him to check it out. Thanks mate

regards

A

Everyone owes it to themselves to try Babylon at least once in their Thailand experience.

Hi, never appealed to me. My hotel, The Shangri La has a nice Sauna, but i very rarely go in that one. But thanks for the suggestion

Best regards

A