'Country Of Origin'

honeyen

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been coming here for about 3 months every year for the last 5 years.

Moved here in June of this year.

And are you loving it? :D

I absolutely love the life I am leading here in Nakhon Si Thammarat.

I love the beaches, the mountains, the waterfalls, the food, the people, my job, my house, my friends, and the fact that Nakhon sees few tourists. :o

And I am not so far from Samui if I miss Farangland. :D

It's a good life. :D

Hi Gisele, started to wonder what happened! Sounds like everything is going well in Nakhon. How's China compare? I found, after living in Taiwan, that the Thais were rank amateurs in the pushing in front of the queue thing (NOBODY gets in line in front of me!). One good elbow usually does the trick :D

Next time you are this way, PM me first, Koh P has a few attractions too (and I don't mean the party or the beach boys, many of whom are from Nakhon BTW). :o

We're a german couple with a one year old son.We lived about a year in Los,returned to germany for 4 years and will be back in Thailand on Okt. 1st. for an unlimited timespace.(We miss Los like crasy).We intent to stay in Phetchaburi,mainly because its nice to fly there and it belongs to the places with less tourism,lots of temples and amazing nature as well. :o

Hi Gisele, started to wonder what happened! Sounds like everything is going well in Nakhon. How's China compare? I found, after living in Taiwan, that the Thais were rank amateurs in the pushing in front of the queue thing (NOBODY gets in line in front of me!). One good elbow usually does the trick :D

Next time you are this way, PM me first, Koh P has a few attractions too (and I don't mean the party or the beach boys, many of whom are from Nakhon BTW). :D

Life in Nakhon is very good, much less stressful than my life in Beijing. :D

Compared to China,

it feels like there is nobody ever pushing or shoving here

and driving here is a breeze,

you can actually anticipate what drivers will do,

at least most of the time.

People actually stop at street corners and use their signal lights,

most of the time.

Some familiar behaviour I have experienced though,

if I am trying to speak Thai and there is a Thai speaker with me,

people do the same as in China when I spoke Chinese if a Chinese speaker was with me,

they ignore me. :o

• 4 weeks later...

I shall be spending new year in nakhon si thammarat town with my thai girlfriend. I arrive on the evening of 29 december and will be staying at Twin Lotus hotel until new year's day. I should welcome any suggestions of bars and other places of entertainment I should visit during my stay, and if you speak english, maybe we can meet up for a chat, as none of my girlfriend's family speak english, and my survival thai is not good enough to have a conversation.

I shall be spending new year in nakhon si thammarat town with my thai girlfriend. I arrive on the evening of 29 december and will be staying at Twin Lotus hotel until new year's day. I should welcome any suggestions of bars and other places of entertainment I should visit during my stay, and if you speak english, maybe we can meet up for a chat, as none of my girlfriend's family speak english, and my survival thai is not good enough to have a conversation.

I live in Nakhon Si Thammarat

So you're staying at Twin Lotus. Ritzy!

Bars:

There's entertainment at Twin Lotus, dancing (not bad actually), live music, karaoke (an obligatory activity in Nakhon)

Country Home is my favourite place: live music with a couple of bands, quite nice, good food, (to any motorbike taxi you can say you are going to Country home and you will be understood)

there's a small bar behind Robinson's that is cool, live music. I forget the name.

Rock 99, near Thai hotel is where you will see most farangs especially on a Friday evening. Serves foreign (?) food. no live music.

There's usually ultimate frisbee at Talad park Fridays at 5:30PM weather permitting, then on to Rock 99.

(there are only about 60 or so farangs in the whole city)

restaurants:

Pak Nakhon Sea food is great, food is excellent. Right on the river.

A&A has good desserts and foreign breakfasts, close to Nakhon Garden hotel.

Closer to Thasala, Sunrise is a restaurant right on the beach, excellent atmosphere. My favourite place to hang out most every day.

Thasala sea food (in Thasala of course) is quite popular.

The area is beautiful, much to see nature wise, if you have a car it is much easier to get around to waterfalls and the beaches. Krung Ching falls is gorgeous and also has rafting, Khiriwong village is interesting.

Big show with fireworks at Wat Phra Mahathat on New Year's eve, quite nice.

pm Wan, she knows everybody and what's happening in Nakhon.