Most Stupid Film Ever

gennisis

:o I hail from Bristol. UK. where we designed,and built Concorde.(should have been named Concord,but to keep the French happy we allowed the "e". Without doubt it was,and still is the most beautiful aircraft ever,and in my own town and elsewhere it gave us great pride everytime we saw it.

So,seeing this film on TV I watched it.

Guess the film was made in USA,(who never accepted that "the Brits" outbeat Boeing) and Boy!!!!

Flying at 1300 mph the pilot saw a missile coming at them. Now this was clever since the window shield on the dropped nose would have been obstructing that kind of view.

So....he slides open the side window and fires a pistol at it !!!...at 1300 mph !!!

To avoid it again,(obviously the missile realised it had missed so it turned arround and tried again) the pilot then "loops the loop"...causing some discomfort to the passengers sipping theeir champagne.

Then finaly attempting to land at Paris,for some reason the brakes would not work,(which was strange when you could see the smoke from the wheels) and so the airport authortity kindly positioned 3 rows of tape accross the runway to slow it down. It stopped 2 ft from the end of the runway.,,,hoooray!!

Honestly this film has to be complete and utter rubbish and in my book has to be the worst ever.

But maybee you know others ?????

No your wrong (and to return to THAILAND) the most stupid film ever made was a Thai film called 'Blon Na Ya' - You need to see it to understand how mind numbingly stupid a film can be.

There again, to return the OP to Thailand, the star is Alain Delon, who is behind the brand Alain Delon, which includes a very good range of Men's shirts available in Central and all good stores in BKK :o

No shortage of "Worst Films Ever Made" lists around.

Also suggest you look for realism in real life, and not in 30 year old Hollywood films, especially those with the word AIRPORT in them. :o

I'm guessing the film made money as opposed to the aircraft and/or service it provided? :D They do make great museum pieces though.

Here's a 'floater'...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1090841/M/

Definitely an engineering marvel which probably provided plenty of social welfare (jobs) and new technology (lighter-weight materials) used in subsequent Aribus designs. But then maybe a good example of what happens when governments get a bit too involved in job creation?

I'm sort of expecting Airport 2008, with an A380 in calamitous situations?

After reading “gennisis’ review on the Concorde movie I felt I just had to watch when it came on again next day.

Actually it was not so bad, good family entertainment and it did not frighten our 3year old as nearly every other movie including most cartoons seem to do. The worst thing about the movie was that stupid sax player and his attitude. People complain about some one using the mobile phone just imaging having that guy with his saxophone in the next seat.

I thought the film “Crock” earlier in the evening about a giant killer croc off the coast of Krabi was worse. All the Thais seem to have American accents and all those Farangs running around with automatic weapons seemed like using a bit too much artistic license. :o

Daffy.

:D

After reading "gennisis' review on the Concorde movie I felt I just had to watch when it came on again next day.

Actually it was not so bad, good family entertainment and it did not frighten our 3year old as nearly every other movie including most cartoons seem to do. The worst thing about the movie was that stupid sax player and his attitude. People complain about some one using the mobile phone just imaging having that guy with his saxophone in the next seat.

I thought the film "Crock" earlier in the evening about a giant killer croc off the coast of Krabi was worse. All the Thais seem to have American accents and all those Farangs running around with automatic weapons seemed like using a bit too much artistic license. :o

Daffy.

:D

I must confess that as stupid films go,probably this one wasnt the worst....but being a concorde addict it insulted my intelligence....mind you most watchers would not be technicaly aware I suppose....but shooting a handgun out the window!!!!!!

you need to learn to stop watching a movie ( reading a book ) when it becomes clear it is tripe - you have to accept you have wasted some time and then not waste anymore.

Yeah, but it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion: Sometimes you just can't tear yourself away from witnessing the inevitable crash and burn. For some of us, it's a hypnotic response. I watched the last 1/3 of this movie too--and couldn't tear away due to the utter disbelief that such a movie couldn't possibly get worse than the moment in question. It did. :o

I would guess the OP has never heard of artistic license and suspension of reality!

As far as the competition between the US SST effort vs Concorde. The SST was abandoned as an economic failure which the Concorde indeed was. The Boeing execs got a good laugh at the Brit and French expense.

• 2 weeks later...