How Do Thai Real Estate Agents Work?

VOICEOVER

:o My Dear Lady (a Thai National) wants to sell some Farmland near CNX. We've been told it could be developed as a Resort. Now I'm not trying to flog it off through the Forum, I just need some help on how Real Estate Agents operate. My understanding is: Agent will advertise and Market the property and charge 3% Commission on the sale

I can't get a decent answer as to "How and where it is advertised nor can I get anyone to tell us how we are kept up to date on how things may be proceeding." Is there an AGENT in Thailand who, even if they want a larger commission, is PRO ACTIVE in the marketplace and ready to INFORM the seller of how things are progressing???

Thanks,

VOICEOVER.

That's a question you need to put to specific agents and check internet, publications, classifieds etc to see if those agents are advertising as they say.

Even agents in the UK are often hopeless at being proactive . Selling properties in the UK I have had to take over from the agents in contacting buyers in order to get a sale.

Of course once you start using them they still get their commision.which is infuriating.