Bus Service To Pattaya

Theboss

Hi, thought I would take the bus from this airport to Pattaya this time, someone said Bell travel was good ? do I need a shuttle bus to get to bus terminal, any advice wellcome Joe

Tropo ! Where are you ! I can't remember the details off the top of my head !

I find Bell travel to be great, as long as you arrive during their regular hours. You meet the Bell travel rep on the bottom floor by Gate 7. No shuttle bus, just a couple of "down" walk-a-lators. Short walk from Gate 7 to the bus. Once it leaves, 90-100 minutes later you're in Pattaya.

From the bus station in Pattaya, Bell will load you into a mini-van and drive you to your hotel. All for a mere 150 baht.

The only downer I experienced was when it came time for the ride to (the hotel nearest my apartment), they were going to cram me into a mini-van with 8 or 9 other passengers. No idea which hotels they were going to go to first, so I decided to forego the mini van and hired a baht bus instead. More room and (probably) got home a few minutes quicker.

On your way out, you can arrange to be picked up at your hotel, driven to the bus station where you get on the big bus and then off to the airport. Same thing, 150 baht total. No hassles, quick, quiet ride.

Tropo will be along shortly, and if he's in a good mood (and not out practising the #2 Road/Beach Road circuit), he may even post some pictures of the schedules (and contact information). :D

(Keep those handy will you Tropo. I'm coming back in April and you know I will have forgotten everything by then (again) ! :o

Hi, thought I would take the bus from this airport to Pattaya this time, someone said Bell travel was good ? do I need a shuttle bus to get to bus terminal, any advice wellcome Joe

Tropo ! Where are you ! I can't remember the details off the top of my head !

I find Bell travel to be great, as long as you arrive during their regular hours. You meet the Bell travel rep on the bottom floor by Gate 7. No shuttle bus, just a couple of "down" walk-a-lators. Short walk from Gate 7 to the bus. Once it leaves, 90-100 minutes later you're in Pattaya.

From the bus station in Pattaya, Bell will load you into a mini-van and drive you to your hotel. All for a mere 150 baht.

The only downer I experienced was when it came time for the ride to (the hotel nearest my apartment), they were going to cram me into a mini-van with 8 or 9 other passengers. No idea which hotels they were going to go to first, so I decided to forego the mini van and hired a baht bus instead. More room and (probably) got home a few minutes quicker.

On your way out, you can arrange to be picked up at your hotel, driven to the bus station where you get on the big bus and then off to the airport. Same thing, 150 baht total. No hassles, quick, quiet ride.

Tropo will be along shortly, and if he's in a good mood (and not out practising the #2 Road/Beach Road circuit), he may even post some pictures of the schedules (and contact information). :D

(Keep those handy will you Tropo. I'm coming back in April and you know I will have forgotten everything by then (again) ! :o

Thanks for that Kerry d, and can I assume its 800 baht to depart (tax)

bell bus service times

airport to pattaya and pattaya to airport at

8am 10 am 12noon 2pm 4pm and 6pm

from pattaya at pattaya north bus stn

from airport at bottom level gate 7

fare is 150 baht each way

for connection at airport 038 370 0556 to confirm

Thanks for that Kerry d, and can I assume its 800 baht to depart (tax)

:D

Are you referring to the old Departure Tax they used to charge at the airport on your way out ?

If so, that is a thing of the past. The (700 baht ?) departure tax is (supposed to be) included in your airline ticket already. No more lining up at the kiosk, then stepping 3 feet (1 meter) to the left to get your newly bought ticket punched before the inevitable Immigration queue.

I haven't seen or heard of any child discounts. Probably the same rules as they would have or the regular (public) bus service (which I don't know either).

I'd say, if there's a bum in the seat, it's full fare.

(Can't say "if there'a bum in the lap, half fare", because half the people riding the bus would immediately double up to save 75 baht !) :o

bell bus service times

Bell are great. Expecting snaking queues at immigration I booked the 6pm bus. Passing through immigration like a dose of salts I found myself waiting for luggage at 3.50pm. I rang her from luggage and she was wating at the bottom of the excalator for me. I got the 4pm!

I'd agree with the minibus cramming at the end but don't let a minor inconvenience like that stop you. They DID seem to know where they were going. BKK service is just as good too.

i took the bell bus from pattaya to the airport on November 20. Piece of cake. For 100 baht extra they will pick you up at your hotel with a shuttle, but i did not bother with that. I only had a carry on and I hopped on a motorbike taxi that only cost 50 baht from soi bukao to the pattaya bus station. Simple non-stop bus ride from the bus station right to the departure gate at the airport. The bus did NOT stop at the transit center. I am told the bus for arrivals is not at the airport, but at the transit center and you have to catch the airport free shuttle to the transit center.

i took the bell bus from pattaya to the airport on November 20. Piece of cake. For 100 baht extra they will pick you up at your hotel with a shuttle, but i did not bother with that. I only had a carry on and I hopped on a motorbike taxi that only cost 50 baht from soi bukao to the pattaya bus station. Simple non-stop bus ride from the bus station right to the departure gate at the airport. The bus did NOT stop at the transit center. I am told the bus for arrivals is not at the airport, but at the transit center and you have to catch the airport free shuttle to the transit center.

I took it from Apex Hotel on dec 22. Did only pay 150 B incl. pickup at hotel. Just phoned their PTY office same day and told them to pick me up.

Bus only half full.

Why take a dangerous ride on back of motorcycle when you can get picked up for free?

I am told the bus for arrivals is not at the airport, but at the transit center and you have to catch the airport free shuttle to the transit center.

The bus departs from just opposite exit door number 7............you need to drop down a level from arrivals.

The girl who accompanies the bus can be found hanging around inside number 7 exit door.

I've used Bell Travel twice since your November 20 experience (and a few times before) and they picked me up from, and delivered me to, my condo in Jomtien included in the B150 fare.

Or, are you saying, your fare was only B50 to the airport?

The Bell bus picks you up at curbside outside exit door #7 on ground level of the airport terminal. You do NOT need to go to the transit center.

bell bus service times

038 370 055 / 6

or BKK 02-747-4675 / 6.)

cell phone number - 089-449-8863 ?

Any options other than a cab at 1am to Pattaya from Suvarnabhumi?

I'm going to figure about 1100 baht for a cab.

What you could do is make a poster up 'Share taxi to Pattaya?' and put it on top of your case as it goes around the luggage carousel.

You might find people to share & get the cost down.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for intruding. Didn't want to start a new thread.

Is there a bus from the airport to Moi Chit (sp) or is it best to get a taxi.

We normally have it all sorted with someone picking us up, but due to a sudden bereavement today, MrsBoJangles has to go back quickly and her brothers are already up in the village. Just looking into a few different options for her getting back to Chaiyaphum.

Many thanks :o