Document Destruction

Mix them in with the boiled cabbage... :o

Actually, I bet you can find a very cheap electric paper shredder at a store near you (Big C or Home Pro, etc.). Unfortunately, you probably can't recycle the shreds here.

UC

Unfortunately the cheap shredders are strip-cut, not diamond-cut or better. I either need to buy an expensive shredder, or find a place that does document destruction properly.

Mix them in with the boiled cabbage... :o

Actually, I bet you can find a very cheap electric paper shredder at a store near you (Big C or Home Pro, etc.). Unfortunately, you probably can't recycle the shreds here.

UC

Unfortunately the cheap shredders are strip-cut, not diamond-cut or better. I either need to buy an expensive shredder, or find a place that does document destruction properly.

I've found that putting important documents in the bottom draw of my file cabinet here at home, then telling the 2 & a 1/2 year old nephew to STAY OUT OF THE DRAWER works quite well, total destruction!

I might consider, tho, recycling the nephew.

Mac

Hmmm, are you a government department or just paranoid? :o

Use a cheapo strip cut shredder, thoroughly mix up the bits and divide between bags. Put the bags in different bins around the city, flush them down the loo, or simply go out into the countryside and burn them. My parents use shredded documents as Gerbil bedding, very effective at making the data totally unusable :D

To be honest do you really believe that the information is sooooo sensitive and that your average Thai bin-emptier is going to recognise such information and know how to use it? :D

Edited by Crossy

Hmmm, are you a government department or just paranoid? :o

Use a cheapo strip cut shredder, thoroughly mix up the bits and divide between bags. Put the bags in different bins around the city, flush them down the loo, or simply go out into the countryside and burn them. My parents use shredded documents as Gerbil bedding, very effective at making the data totally unusable :D

To be honest do you really believe that the information is sooooo sensitive and that your average Thai bin-emptier is going to recognise such information and know how to use it? :D

No I don't, but regulations are regulations. I'm told by "on high" that I either have the documents professionally destroyed or use a diamond cut or better shredder at home. Otherwise I assume all risk with their contents. :s

And work will pay for the document destruction company, I just need to find one, and preferably one that's well recommended.

No I don't, but regulations are regulations. I'm told by "on high" that I either have the documents professionally destroyed or use a diamond cut or better shredder at home. Otherwise I assume all risk with their contents. :s

And work will pay for the document destruction company, I just need to find one, and preferably one that's well recommended.

By "work" do you mean the organisation that employs you and by [those] "on high" do you mean the managers/directors of said organisation? If so why not ask them for their recommendations for a document destruction company if such a company exists in Thailand.

I'm also not sure about the "assume all risks with their contents". Does this mean they want to see the results of the destruction or will an invoice from a "well recommended" company suffice? If so, how would you cover home destruction using a diamond cut shredder work unless you took the results for inspection? Then, supposing it's a good class of shredding, how the hel_l would they know that they are looking at the remains of the documents in question?

Don't know about anybody else but this all sounds a bit dodgy to me, maybe it's that old paranoia resurfacing. It's that "assume all risks" bit that really gets the hairs on the back of the neck twitching.

Anyway, sorry I have never heard of anyone in Thailand engaged in confidential document destruction and I must admit that unless I feed the documents into the shredder and witness the end results I wouldn't trust anybody, Thailand or not.