Portable Cement Mixer

Makyai

Hi all,

I have searched the DIY forum but haven't been able to find any information that would help. We want to buy a portable electric cement mixer, but don't know where to start looking. Thought that someone on this forum might be able to point us in the right direction. We have a bit of cement work to do around the house and would like to do it ourselves when time permits. If I have missed a thread already covering this topic please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Makyai

Portable Electric Concrete Mixers are readily available in Thailand. If you look in front of most any Home Mart or Builders Merchant Hardware Supply type shop outside of Bangkok they will usually have two models painted a gold or yellow on sale. I have never priced such, but they seem to take quite a bit of abuse and keep working faithfully. I have not seen any preventative maintenance on the mixer our building staff utilized for nine months and when the electricity supply failed they were able to operate the machine by hand. It could certainly be a wise investment for those who were willing to work hard but want to insure some level of proper "mixture" for various concrete needs.

Portable Electric Concrete Mixers are readily available in Thailand. If you look in front of most any Home Mart or Builders Merchant Hardware Supply type shop outside of Bangkok they will usually have two models painted a gold or yellow on sale. I have never priced such, but they seem to take quite a bit of abuse and keep working faithfully. I have not seen any preventative maintenance on the mixer our building staff utilized for nine months and when the electricity supply failed they were able to operate the machine by hand. It could certainly be a wise investment for those who were willing to work hard but want to insure some level of proper "mixture" for various concrete needs.

Thanks for the information and will go looking at the places you mentioned.

Thanks for the information and will go looking at the places you mentioned.

I brought such a yellow devil some 4 years ago in Sisaket but you can buy them in any major town. Machine was 20,000 baht plus the cost of the electric motor (invest in a good unit here with sufficient HP). You couldn't kill the mixer with an axe. Family has even rented it out to local authorities at around 450 baht per day to build a new village road. Great investment. Show them how to apply grease to the drive gears.