Non imigrant visa ?

Hi

I wanted to recheck my visa options now that I am in Thailand.

I have a Thai wife of 3.5 years and we have a house in Issan.

I received a visa on entry as i didnt get the chance to visit the

Thai embassy in London before my visit (I am British).

I want to stay i Thailand for a few months, say three more and

Im half way through the 30 day entitlement that I was given

when I arrived.

I just wondered what my options are ..

(a) travel south from bangkok to malaysia

(:o travel to Laos via the freindship bridge (get a visa on entry ?)

I will have

*  my mariage certificate in Thai

* my passport

* proof of plenty of funds via a recent bank certificate

I wondered whether it would be better at an embassy if my wife

accompanie me or do people not find that necessary ?

Give that I dont know when exactly I want to leave I dont see how I can

book a ticket to show at a Thai embassy .. comments ??

cheers

Mike JF

Issan Roi Et

It would be added insurance if your wife was with you but if not you should have a copy of her current id card as it is sometimes requested from reports; especially if this is your first 'O' visa.  I would make the trip to Penang myself (make it a vacation) as you should have no problem getting a multi entry type visa there valid for a years worth of trips.  You should not need any ticket.

Second poster had no knowledge of 'B' visas but would suspect either English or Thai would be accepted but will let someone who knows confirm or correct.

Reporting:

After reading all the helpful information on this forum I decided to apply for a one year multi-entry B-non-immigration visa at the consulate in Houston, Texas. I printed off an application, completed it, flew to Houston and presented it in person with the required supportive documentation. That was at 1:00 pm (CDT) and was told to return in one hour at 2:00 pm. When I returned the visa was ready and was put into my hand with a smile. It has 5 entries, cost $40.00 (USD), and cannot be extended. Thank you Forum!

BKK03

Now that Sars is done I like Singapore on SAS as it is around 4800 to 6200 a trip and gives you a reality check at same time. It takes overnight and hotel adds 4000  at good hotel. Some say you can get 1 year visa I only ever got 6 month and both I speak about are 90 day type but if you have Thai wife buy 1 then go to immigration at least one day before expiration and apply for one year extention cost 500 baht and they give 45 days and when approved goes back to last entry date on Non O type visa