Costs Of Owning A New 4 Door Vigo

Hi Folks,

A friend is contemplating buying a new 4 door toyota vigo 2wd.

Of course she is only thinking about the monthly repayments and she says that she can afford those.

Can somebody tell me approx standing costs for all the other things that she should be considering?

IE: Government Yearly taxes, Comprehensive insurance for her (35 year old woman), servicing etc. (any other gotchas that I haven't thought about.

Thanks.

Henry

Taxes depends of whether it's diesel or gas. The former is cheap, the latter dirt cheap.

Comprehensive insurance, from about 15K I think, shop around. There's a Dutch guy in Soi 17 (near Land office) who give very good prices.

Service, about 700 baht every 6 month, including the oil.

Relax and get used to Thailand :o

The 4 door tax is about 7k, insurance budget for 20k but the first year will be free (get the % covered topped up when you buy it from the standard 80% or thats all you'll get !), servicing about 1k per 5k km (including filter and oil - labour is free), washing about 150 per week, diesel (work on about 10km per litre (Bt30)).

Other stuff is getting it touched up every now and then as it will get scratched due to bikes, crap drivers, car park scrapes etc.

I suffered a snapped aerial (Bt800) and a nail in a tyre (Bt5000 or so - can't remember).

My repayments are Bt16000 or so per month and I budget Bt20k.