Got My First Extension, But Need To Notify Address?

Hi, i got my visa extension successfully, another 3 months for my student visa.

However i received a note which is stapled on my passport that i need to notifed my new/old address on 11 April 2008, whereas my next extension will be on 5 May 2008.

So on 11 April 2008, do i need to go all the way to immgration again to inform them of my new address or make a phone call or dun bother about it?

Thanks..

Edited by Bkkthebest

However i received a note which is stapled on my passport that i need to notifed my new/old address on 11 April 2008, whereas my next extension will be on 5 May 2008.

So on 11 April 2008, do i need to go all the way to immgration again to inform them of my new address or make a phone call or dun bother about it?

Thanks..

Yes . You have to report your address every 90 days. It has nothing to do with your permited to stay date.

You do not say where you are or what Immigration office you use but you may be able to do it by post.

You appear to be in Bangkok, so it looks like you will have to go in person.

Here is the form to download .

Edited by Lite Beer

Don't make the mistake of thinking that an appearance at immigration for extensions etc automatically covers the 90 day reporting - its doesn't.

You can report up to 7 days early (or late - but some officers will not be impressed) so no reason to do on the exact day. In Bangkok you can use Suan Phlu Hqs, Novotel Airport Hotel office or One Stop Center on Phahylyothin Road.

Thanks..

Yes . You have to report your address every 90 days. It has nothing to do with your permited to stay date.

You do not say where you are or what Immigration office you use but you may be able to do it by post.

You appear to be in Bangkok, so it looks like you will have to go in person.

Here is the form to download .

Yes, i am in Bangkok. Wow, we got to do so many things. i got a feeling that they pruposely make it a trouble for you, why not report it on that day when i am doing the extension.

You can report up to 7 days early (or late - but some officers will not be impressed) so no reason to do on the exact day. In Bangkok you can use Suan Phlu Hqs, Novotel Airport Hotel office or One Stop Center on Phahylyothin Road.

Or can i go directly to the immigration? Will check out the places that you mention too.

Noted.. thanks.

"i got a feeling that they pruposely make it a trouble for you, why not report it on that day when i am doing the extension."

Well I don't think so. Anyone who knows the recent history of Visas/immigration etc in Thailand will be aware that many dormant rules (like 90 day reporting) were re-activated, and many visa rules tighten up, following years of dodgy activities by some foreigners (and lax enforcement by the authorities).

Some more questions:

If you are lucky enough to be give a 1 year visa:

1. Is there a chance that on one of you 3 month visits they will not extend your stay?

2. After the one year is up will they continue to renew your visa every 3 months or do you have to re-apply for the 1 year visa

3. If they do just give you extensions every 3 months what would you do for a return flight as most flights expire after 1 year?

The only one year visa is the non immigrant OA issued for long stay (retirement). You do not seem to be asking about that.

1. They never extend a 3 month stay - your exit the country and return for a new 3 month stay.

2. You will have to obtain a new visa from outside Thailand.

3. There is no need for a return flight if you have a non immigrant visa to enter Thailand.