Grocery Delivery

Goattee

I finally am moving into a place with a functional kitchen and I am eager to stock the pantry. Which supermarkets offer delivery service to the Thong Lo area around Soi 9?

• Someone told me that the Gourmet Market at Paragon delivers for a minimum order of 1,000 bt. Is that true?
  • What about Tops markets? (all of them?/some of them?/Thong Lo store?)
  • How far in advance do the stores want you to place the order?
  • Any other tips or information?

it makes no sense to me:

"Please register at counter home delivery service after purchase at least 30 minutes before."

that means - i have to go to tops and place my order, they only deliver my shopping?

that makes no sense - if i´m already there, i can take my stuff home as well...is there a store where i can place my order online (calling in this country always has its surprises :o and they deliver the stuff?

The first project I got involved with in Bangkok, with Chris, was (1997 - it doesn't exist anymore as we ran out of money) www.bangkokdeliveries.com. I developed the website and we teamed up with Carrefour (sp?) and loaded their price list into our site. Customers could log on, order and we'd arrange delivery. Kind of wish I had been able to keep that going.

Edited by bkkmick

it makes no sense to me:

"Please register at counter home delivery service after purchase at least 30 minutes before."

that means - i have to go to tops and place my order, they only deliver my shopping?

that makes no sense - if i´m already there, i can take my stuff home as well...is there a store where i can place my order online (calling in this country always has its surprises :o and they deliver the stuff?

What is so strange about that? That is the normal home delivery service. Buy your good, then get them to deliver them. What you really want is a shop at home service, not a delivery service? They are different.

yes I agree...if you are talking about grocery delivery service, then I would have thought you are referring to physically visiting the shop, choosing your items and then having them delivered to your home.....very convenient if you are buying lots of groceries and don't drive....

however, if you are talking about ordering online (with home delivery) that's a totally different topic...

For "shoping online with delivery", you might try Villa Supermarket...I came across their site, but have never tried it...has anyone tried it? are the prices OK?

the product line seems a bit limited at the moment...maybe they will add more later?..

Villa Online

Web Ordering

1. Find the Items You Want First you will need to select for the items you would like to order. When you find an item that interests you, click the title or name of the item to see its product detail page. Here you will find more information about the item.

2. Add the Items to Your Shopping Cart If you want to order an item from WeLoveShopping.com, click the "Shopping Cart" button on the item's product detail page. Once you've added an item to your Shopping Cart, use the cart's top navigation bar or the "Continue shopping" button to keep searching or browsing until your cart contains all of the items you want to order. You can access the contents of your shopping cart at any time by clicking the Shopping Cart icon at the top of every page of our Web site.

3. Proceed to Checkout Take a moment to review all of the items you've placed in your Shopping Cart. When you're ready to place an order for everything in the "Shopping Cart " section of your cart, click the "Proceed to checkout" button. You will be taken to the first page of the order form.

4. Enter Your Name Enter your name, e-mail address.

5. Enter a Shipping Address Tell us where you would like to ship your order.

6. Payment Information Next, let us know how you would like to pay for your order. We accept MasterCard, Visa, cash and drawn on a SCB bank. All orders must be prepaid. If you're paying with a credit card, enter the number without spaces or dashes.

6.1 If you drawn cash at SCB’s counter, please fax your payment slip to fax number 0-2699-4330 with reference code and order number. Our fulfillment team will call you after receive your confirmation within the end of working day.

6.2 If you use credit card payment via website, our shop buddy will call you to confirm order and delivery date within 1 day.

7. Review and Submit Your Order Check the accuracy all of the information you provided and make any necessary adjustments. When you are ready, click the Place Your Order button to submit your order. Once you place your order, our Shop Buddy will call you before 4 pm to confirm your order. Please keep your ref code and order id to reference the order in further.

Delivery Time

When you place an order for Villa Market, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items.. Shipping date estimates will appear in the order form. We will ship your items within the order date if you paid before 2 AM (I think they might have meant 2PM). After placing your order, you will see both shipping and delivery date estimates in the order confirmation call by Shop Buddy and in the order summary in Your Account.

I finally am moving into a place with a functional kitchen and I am eager to stock the pantry. Which supermarkets offer delivery service to the Thong Lo area around Soi 9?

• Someone told me that the Gourmet Market at Paragon delivers for a minimum order of 1,000 bt. Is that true?
  • What about Tops markets? (all of them?/some of them?/Thong Lo store?)
  • How far in advance do the stores want you to place the order?
  • Any other tips or information?

Villa Market delivers via phone. But, you need to know what items you want.

Run out of wine? Call and they deliver sometimes within twenty minutes.

This morning I ordered two bags of kitty litter. Usually their English is so so ok, but this time I got the maid online to clarify. Even with adding more items, the bill came to way under 1000 baht.

If you do call in an order, be prepared to state what you want about ten times each. And if you have a maid, be patient because even for three items, she's be explaining for ten or fifteen minutes ...

Edited by desi

it makes no sense to me:

both are good, a online purchases and delivery and a purchases in store and follow by delivery ( go to the store on the way to somewhere else / old lady you like to take her time to see/shop but can not carry the good !