How Much Is Apple Iphone In Bkk Now?

mmkin

Theres no chip and yes it comes ready to use.

You sure 19,500? When did you last see that price? I was under the impression they were up to 26,000 at least due to limitted supplies since the new models cannot be used in Thailand yet.

Damian

oh i see. i think the no chip ones are the older firmware version of 1.1.1... the 1.1.2 requires a chip.. the 1.1.3 is unhackable at the moment... i've been quoted more than 22k in MBK.

As far as I know there are 2 prices....

(1) One for the 1.1.2 phone that cannot be unlocked. Users must use a cut sim card to use their iphone. These phones are about Bt21k.

(2) The rarer 1.1.1 phones can be fully unlocked and can use any sim card but a shortage of supply means that they are selling for about Bt25k.

It looks like the latest iphones need an extra bit of hardware to unlock them and the days of software unlock are gone....

As far as I know there are 2 prices....

(1) One for the 1.1.2 phone that cannot be unlocked. Users must use a cut sim card to use their iphone. These phones are about Bt21k.

(2) The rarer 1.1.1 phones can be fully unlocked and can use any sim card but a shortage of supply means that they are selling for about Bt25k.

It looks like the latest iphones need an extra bit of hardware to unlock them and the days of software unlock are gone....

true. the 1.1.2 are the most common now. 1.1.3 is out but still unhackable.. so that means most of them in the market now are 1.1.2 which requires the sim unlock chip.

Theres no chip and yes it comes ready to use.

You sure 19,500? When did you last see that price? I was under the impression they were up to 26,000 at least due to limitted supplies since the new models cannot be used in Thailand yet.

Damian

You are closer Damien, i walked the 4th floor on saturday last and best price was 22.000, they have gone up in Pattaya from 22000 to 27000 ! :o Edited by mikethevigoman

This is the first time I have ever heard of prices for an electronic gadget going up :o

Personally, I'd wait until 1.1.3 firmware is hacked, it's supposed to happen pretty soon. At that point prices will drop again.

I must say that 19,500 baht mentioned above is amazingly cheap though, I'd go for that any time. That's EUR 400, or as much as you would pay for a locked-down phone + 2 year commitment in Germany.

This is the first time I have ever heard of prices for an electronic gadget going up :o

Personally, I'd wait until 1.1.3 firmware is hacked, it's supposed to happen pretty soon. At that point prices will drop again.

I must say that 19,500 baht mentioned above is amazingly cheap though, I'd go for that any time. That's EUR 400, or as much as you would pay for a locked-down phone + 2 year commitment in Germany.

they are $399 in the US, why dont we all hop on a plane and buy a load ? :D . they are bought for that and put straight on ebay and make a profit,

they are $399 in the US, why dont we all hop on a plane and buy a load ? :D . they are bought for that and put straight on ebay and make a profit,

yeah people are doing just that, or were until 1.1.2 came out and could not be hacked/unlocked. There were reports of people going to all the Apple stores in an area and buying 5 - the daily limit per person - every 24 hours. They must have made a ton of cash esp. when they sold on ebay for $700... easy money.

Yahoo is saying that AIS is in discussion to offer the iPhone in Thailand. Curious how it would work with all the pre-paid customers here wanting it.

Playing devil's advocate, I'd say nothing prevents AIS from locking the iPhone to their AIS SIM cards. Post-paid or prepaid, it would only work on AIS.

Of course the revenue sharing is a bit of an issue, AIS saying there isn't enough margin in their 1 baht / minute plans to give Apple 30%... I don't think they'll resolve this any time soon unless Apple somehow gets a clue and gives up on it's bone-headed revenue sharing demands.

HI Mike

It was 19.000, glad you like it i hated it, we cant all be the same.

Ooops sorry, but i had an even better buy ! ,i love it ,however i wish i had never shown my 5 year old daughter the movies, i seem to have lost it ! :o and on google earth i saw my van in the driveway of our old house in the UK, fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...
<br />The OTB (Out of The Box) 1.1.3 has not been unlocked. <br /><br />It is the firmware (OS) that has been hacked so that you can install 3rd party applications.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

YOu can still use worldwide though right?????

yup.