Getting A New Uk / Portuguese Passport?

Only very slightly OT, but... has anyone here had any experience with applying for a new passport (due to the old one being full of stamps...) at the British or Portuguese Embassy here in BKK?

Or, alternatively, has anyone had either embassy put extra pages in their PPort? (I never heard of this, but an American friend of mine just had 10 pages inserted in his book, over the counter for free at the USA embassy)

Many thanks

Neph.

Will they issue a new passport if you are only here on a tourist visa? I heard many embassys only do this for people with work permits?

I was issued a new British passport four years ago by the British Embassy in Bangkok whilst on a Tourist Visa.

I did not even visit the Embassy, I just posted everything off and the new passport plus clipped old one were returned within a week.

The women in the Consular office whom I spoke with on the phone was extremely helpful.

No doubt she was fired for gross competence... :o

Only very slightly OT, but... has anyone here had any experience with applying for a new passport (due to the old one being full of stamps...) at the British or Portuguese Embassy here in BKK?

Or, alternatively, has anyone had either embassy put extra pages in their PPort? (I never heard of this, but an American friend of mine just had 10 pages inserted in his book, over the counter for free at the USA embassy)

Many thanks

Neph.

The addition of extra pages seems to be only done by the American.

Many thanks

Neph.

The addition of extra pages seems to be only done by the American.

Yes I think that you are correct.

The UK embassy certainly will not add pages to the passport . You must apply for a new one. Do not see why the type of visa should cause any problem in this regard.The US emabssy on the other hand will add multiple sets of additional pages to a passport and that is done here locally in Bangkok. You can even send your representative to do it on your behalf should you be a busy man and is done while you wait/same day.

New US passport applications are no longer handled at a local level.All applications are sent to the US for processing and thus take a little bit more time than previously