Siam Legal / Sunbelt

Hi, I have now been to Siam Legal and Sunbelt's websites. They say they are able to get you a 1 year visa (at a cost of course) if this is true, why doesn't everyone go this route or am I missing something?

Surely it would be easier to pay the $395 or whatever for the peace of mind that you have the 1 year visa. Are these websites for real and will it really be that simple to apply for the 1 year visa? :o

But isn't Sunbelt's service one where they "sponsor" you for a visa giving you a letter etc. presumably for some "potential" job or business idea. Some countries will not hand out multiple entry non immigrant visas so it could be an option for some.

As for NHJ - you are talking about something totaly different and I am not sure how legal it is in pooket about the "associates with the money" etc.

But isn't Sunbelt's service one where they "sponsor" you for a visa giving you a letter etc. presumably for some "potential" job or business idea. Some countries will not hand out multiple entry non immigrant visas so it could be an option for some.

As for NHJ - you are talking about something totaly different and I am not sure how legal it is in pooket about the "associates with the money" etc.

I am not sure what Sunbelt offers as they have not replied to my emails. As for Siam, no go, apparantly they are not able to offer South Africans the 1 year visa - I find this discrimanatory!!

What is NHJ??

I am not sure what Sunbelt offers as they have not replied to my emails. As for Siam, no go, apparantly they are not able to offer South Africans the 1 year visa - I find this discrimanatory!!

What is NHJ??

I guess its not their fault if the Thai embassy in Johannesburg, or whereever it is located, does not give multiple-entry Visas. I assume that in bigger countries in Europe, Aussie or the US, where Thailand has additional HONORARY CONSULAR OFFICES, run by non-Thais, its much easier to get such a multiple-non-Immi.

I speak from recent experience.

Siam Legal did prepare the papers for me and it worked, though it was certainly not a bargain (considering the little more than 15 minutes work they had to copy and sign the papers).

but I wanted to be on the safe side and for sure will continue it that way.....

Hi, I have now been to Siam Legal and Sunbelt's websites. They say they are able to get you a 1 year visa (at a cost of course) if this is true, why doesn't everyone go this route or am I missing something?

Surely it would be easier to pay the $395 or whatever for the peace of mind that you have the 1 year visa. Are these websites for real and will it really be that simple to apply for the 1 year visa? :o

How many times do you have to be told that there is not such a thing as a 1 year visa for someone in your position? :D

Probably what SunBelt offers is assistance to get the 1 year extension as there are some people who cannot complete forms, feel more comfortable having their hand held and have the cash to pay someone else to do it for them.

Siam Legal even state how you can qualify for a Non Imm visa and later how they help with the 1 year extension but specifically say you ***Must travel back to your own country*** to get the visa and the cost of that is not included in the $395. They even say you must reside in the country where you apply for the visa.

With the advice you are getting from this forum you can do it all yourself. Even lawyers cannot obtain the unobtainable :D

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Mahout luckily the words NO and CANT are not in my vocabulary... you will be please to know that I AM getting the 1 year Non-Immigrant type O visa from the UK. I just need to post my application to someone in the UK who will then take it in to the consulate. Then they will mail it back to me and WHALLLAAAA Pretoria cans keep their 60 day Tourist Visa!

Mahout luckily the words NO and CANT are not in my vocabulary... you will be please to know that I AM getting the 1 year Non-Immigrant type O visa from the UK. I just need to post my application to someone in the UK who will then take it in to the consulate. Then they will mail it back to me and WHALLLAAAA Pretoria cans keep their 60 day Tourist Visa!

So you have not done it yet . Or have not got it yet?

We wait and see.

So you have not done it yet . Or have not got it yet?

We wait and see.

Aahhhh a pessimest..... I WILL be saying... I told you so! :o

Mahout luckily the words NO and CANT are not in my vocabulary... you will be please to know that I AM getting the 1 year Non-Immigrant type O visa from the UK.

Nobody ever said it wasn't possible to get a multi entry Non Imm O visa from UK, in fact that was all explained to you but there is no such thing as a 1 year Non Imm visa even from the UK so I hope you wont be disappointed. You will only get a multi entry valid for 1 year so will be required to leave every 90 days unless you get it extended in country. (and that is where the visa companies may be able to help you) Or maybe you can tell us different :D

We all on here hope you will be successful, let us know how it goes (either way). :o

I just need to post my application to someone in the UK who will then take it in to the consulate. Then they will mail it back to me and WHALLLAAAA Pretoria cans keep their 60 day Tourist Visa!

I don't want to rain on your parade or quell your bustling enthusiasm but in an earlier thread you were worried about being deported from Thailand.

Bearing in mind that you are expected to apply for a visa in your country of residence so if your friend is lucky enough to get a visa for you when you are not resident or even visiting UK (or a resident of the EU) how, if asked, are you going to explain that the visa was issued in UK when your passport will show that you weren't there at the time of issue.

As already posted above ...... be careful :o

Bearing in mind that you are expected to apply for a visa in your country of residence so if your friend is lucky enough to get a visa for you when you are not resident or even visiting UK (or a resident of the EU) how, if asked, are you going to explain that the visa was issued in UK when your passport will show that you weren't there at the time of issue.

As already posted above ...... be careful :o

I don't believe there is any requirement to apply for the visa in your country of residence. People get O visas in SE Asian countries all the time.

Don't know if Thailand has a requirement that you be in the country where the visa is issued. Some countries do not have Thai consulates. Then you have to go apply at a neighboring country's consulate.

I don't believe there is any requirement to apply for the visa in your country of residence. People get O visas in SE Asian countries all the time.

The MFA web site states

4. Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General in the applicant’s country of residence, or at the Royal Thai Embassy which has jurisdiction over his or her country of residence. Travellers are advised to enquire about authorised office for visa issuance at any Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General before departure. Contact details and locations of Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General are available at www.mfa.go.th/web/10.php.

So now we need know which countries are 'certain countries'

As regards Siam legal, I recently started dealing with them on doing a visa extension. I was given all the information over the phone and by email and told that it would be done in one day. I also had a face to face meeting at the Times square office where I was told they could do it in one day. I duly got all the documentation and drove to bangkok. On arrival they asked me where my wife was, they hadnt told me that she had to be with me, then they tell me that it takes 30 days to process the application, not 1 day. Seeing as I was just about to leave the country this was not much use. all in all they wasted 2 days of my time off from work, cost me a trip to bangkok and 2 nights in a hotel and ended up in me leaving Thailand and letting my visa run out so I now have to do a visa run to get a new O visa. To say I was not impressed is a massive understatement. that was the most unprofessional firm that I have ever dealt with and i would warn anyone not to use them.

As regards Siam legal

To say I was not impressed is a massive understatement. that was the most unprofessional firm that I have ever dealt with and i would warn anyone not to use them.

Well be carefull, Siam Legal and and the Sunbelt franchise are a sponsor on here

Well I hope someone from their company reads this and sorts their act out. Over to them.

Well I think there must be some misunderstanding. Some of my friends used Siam legal before and they were quite satisfied.

I don't use them because when I was doing my work permit and getting a NON-IMM B for one year. I let a small company do it for me and this women was amazing. I don't remember their website but I guess a quick google for "Thai Legal Plus" will find you the site. Her name is Kook and her fees are small also.

Wish you all the best !

I do know that a 1 year non-immigrant visa means I will have to do border runs every 3 months, I never stated otherwise.

According to the Consulate in UK they emailed me a list of countries who are allowed to apply for their visa via mail and SA is one of those countries so if it turns out to be illegal then I suggest someone in Thailand goverment advise UK they are doing things the wrong way. This is what happens when things are left to own interpretation, it could get messy.