Custody

justaphase

no offense cipher

but where does op say he have money. maybe his problem is he DONT have money!

people seem to ask op a lot of question? i think its becoz we all dont think he is all there, so to speak.

Mate, if anyone's not "all there, so to speak", it seems to be you.

What in the name of God are you talking about? You're all over the place and transfixed on the OP's mental integrity.

Talk about a few roos loose in the top paddock.

Big Paulee.

I just have a couple of questions:

1. why did you get married?

2. why did you have a child?

3. what is your education level?

4. what is her education level?

i think this poster is getting the same vibes as me as to your capabilities. add that your skint doesnt help matters.

Edited by blizzard

Unbelieveable!!!! The op is looking for solid advise on legalities regarding the future of his child (should the worst situation of divorce arise) and all he gets is a slap in the face! I think his dedication to the safety of his child shows incredibly good 'mental stability'!!! I would be far more concerned about a father who hadn't had contact with his daughter for several weeks and didn't give a d@mn what was happening to her....

Hope you get word soon that they are both safe and well and reach a mutually amicable solution.

Help my guys. Phuket is firkin massive. I would'nt know where to start. Do you think i could get leaflets made and get some trustworthys to walk everywhere? What about and advert in the Phuket post? I realy dont have much cash because of the baby and a recent hospital visit has left me high and dry. I've contacted investigators but they say "where in Phuket is she?" Um.

Tony, Phuket is NOT massive. It's just an island. Be glad that she didn't run off to bangkok.

As you say, you don't have much cash. An advert in Phuket post could be useful and cheap.

Do you reckon the mother works in a hotel? farang-restaurant? some small restaurant? sell food on the street?

If you are worried that she will work in a bar, there is actually a limited number of bars in Kata, Karon and Patong.

Are you able to take the time off to look for her, or are you required to be somewhere else (e.g. at work)?

Suggest you also speak with more investigators... just asking you where in Phuket she is, is not very clever. If you knew, you could have gone there yourself.

You have her mobile number... try calling her from someone else's phone. Try calling her from a landline somewhere. or from phone booth.

If you think she doesn't want to talk to you, get a thai person to call her number and pretend it's related to something else or just wrong number.

good luck

nm

Cheers mate, that's made me feel better no end.

The phone's a no-go. The number bars all incoming calls. Believe me i've tried from everywhere!

I will just wait now, until i finish work in March. If i've had no sign, then i will drive down there and put some kind of plan into action. I'm sure i could trawl the bars in no time. I can speak Thai well so i'll have no probs there. Her mother's most likely to be working in a normal restaraunt, so again i'll just go everywhere.

Cheers again mate. You're English eh?

Tony

i jusr did sum research. a search for 3 in a town with a pop. est at over 400,000 is one firkin massive endeavor. best wishes sir. just be sure you have enuff funds to last you on this adventure.

550 sq kilometre, ruffly the size of singapore. with a few outlying islands.

all tihs by just googling. d a m n , this internet thing is great!

? .do thais just give info freely to anyone who just asks. i ve been in a situation where a mom was looking for her son and i didnt just give her what she wanted, it was in a workplace situaton. we are instructed in usa not to give other employess info just freely.

i mean if a mom isnt in contact with her son other than knowing where he works, some bad stuff must be happening.

Edited by blizzard

i jusr did sum research. a search for 3 in a town with a pop. est at over 400,000 is one firkin massive endeavor. best wishes sir. just be sure you have enuff funds to last you on this adventure.

550 sq kilometre, ruffly the size of singapore. with a few outlying islands.

all tihs by just googling. d a m n , this internet thing is great!

? .do thais just give info freely to anyone who just asks. i ve been in a situation where a mom was looking for her son and i didnt just give her what she wanted, it was in a workplace situaton. we are instructed in usa not to give other employess info just freely.

i mean if a mom isnt in contact with her son other than knowing where he works, some bad stuff must be happening.

550 sq km. it is possible but unlikely they have built a hut in the middle of the jungle.

the internet thing may be great, but local, on the ground knowledge is even better.

you need to narrow it down from those 550sqkm 400,000 people. knowledge of the wife and mother will help in that.

Have u been to phuket? U can't compare looking for someone in Phuket with looking for someone in new york or singapore.

It is likely that the two people are now connected to the tourist industry one way or other. Tourists are mainly centred in a few areas.

This isn't a workplace situation and is on another planet compared to office jobs in usa. this is where on the ground knowledge helps more than the internet. if she works in bars, hotels, restaurants, small shops etc. there will be no such issues. if she works as a lawyer or architect or other hi-so office jobs it would be different, but that is not the case here.

a lot of thai people working in phuket are from other parts of the country. they come there with a friend or two, or alone. they are usually social and talkative. it's not like the cliques you will often find in the west, where nobody knows the name of your neighbour.

i'm not saying you can just walk down the main street and find them in a couple minutes, but i do say that there is a good probability of finding them. nothing can be certain, but as long as they are in phuket, the odds are on his side.

please correct me if I am wrong.

rgds

nm

• 2 months later...

The other day, 4 months since my wife and daughter left, I saw i had 55 missed calls from the same number... Guess who...?

After a lengthy (and productive) talk with my wife, I am happy (nay, overjoyed!) to say my family is coming home....

10th of April.

I sit and wait... 250 hours to go...

Tony

Edited by justaphase

im assuming u farang and yr wif e thai.

best interest of kid to grow up thai sir. unless there r extenuating circumstances.

who is gonna get custody of you sir.................a little humour never hurts..............lol.

What the f... does this mean?

The other day, 4 months since my wife and daughter left, I saw i had 55 missed calls from the same number... Guess who...?

After a lengthy (and productive) talk with my wife, I am happy (nay, overjoyed!) to say my family is coming home....

10th of April.

I sit and wait... 250 hours to go...

Tony

Very pleased to hear it.

If things for whatever reason get a bit unstuck in future, please PM me, and i would be happy to direct you towards perhaps some more fruitful ways to find someone than posters stuck on lampposts. In particular, your wife does not appear to have any particularly defining features that would make her easy to find; you DO have her ID number (or get it if you don't), your wife's mother's full name and phone number details.

With that amount of information, someone can be fairly easily found and another angle....give her a debit card and load some credit onto it once a month. Will also mean you can track spending more easily.

Well Tony,

That's a long time since your last post.

Hope you have, or can work out the underlying problems.

That just wouldn't fly with me, but you know your situation better than I.

Congratulations on seeing your daughter soon. I have a 9mo old girl, and it would tear me up if I didn't know where she was, and couldn't contact her. Can't imagine what you went through, and hope for you it doesn't happen again.

Yes, you can refuse a divorce :D . You can ask the police to find the wife if you want a divorce, however don't hold your breath. Now from similar cases that I know of if you are the Natural father and can prove to the Court that you have the ways and mean to support your child(i.e., stable home, finance, school,nanny) you have a very good change of getting Custody. A great help to have an upstand member(Thai) of your commuinty to put in a good word on your behalf. Best of Luck!! :o:D

Well I have just scanned some of the replies, fails to amaze me how topics de-rail from the original requests etc:

Okay Tony:

Been there done that and still doing it :

1. If you have not done so already contact Issan Lawyers (I did Sebastian is his name great guy) Office in Korat get some free advice.

2. Two types of divorce a. Go to court cost around 50000 bht. b. Divorce agreement done at the local Amphur office no court cost about 300 bht if you bothy draw it up yourself if you have lawyers draw up the agreement cost about 25000 bht.

3 As for custody if your wife is taking care okay then let your daughter be brought up in her own culture you can have minimal input with monthly visits or whatever, its trauamtic I know I have a 1 yr old daughter who I have not seen for 4 months but I will see soon, its a different culture out here and different thinking by thais and that needs to be understand, sometime you have to use time and let things settle I have had to, buty I know my daughter is okay because a mate of mine sends me pics.

PM me if you want anymore private input mate

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/

Well I have just scanned some of the replies, fails to amaze me how topics de-rail from the original requests etc:

Okay Tony:

Been there done that and still doing it :

1. If you have not done so already contact Issan Lawyers (I did Sebastian is his name great guy) Office in Korat get some free advice.

2. Two types of divorce a. Go to court cost around 50000 bht. b. Divorce agreement done at the local Amphur office no court cost about 300 bht if you bothy draw it up yourself if you have lawyers draw up the agreement cost about 25000 bht.

3 As for custody if your wife is taking care okay then let your daughter be brought up in her own culture you can have minimal input with monthly visits or whatever, its trauamtic I know I have a 1 yr old daughter who I have not seen for 4 months but I will see soon, its a different culture out here and different thinking by thais and that needs to be understand, sometime you have to use time and let things settle I have had to, buty I know my daughter is okay because a mate of mine sends me pics.

PM me if you want anymore private input mate

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/

Excellent post !

Lot of strange replies here. I wouldn't know anything about this , but since a Farang that I know is going through this, I have since learned a little about it. Having spoken with his wife, it seems the child is given the choice of whom they want to live with. This woman and child went to a custody hearing ( this title given for lack of knowledge of better title), where the husband (Farang) failed to show, although properly served with papers twice, which he also ignored. The child was nonetheless given the option as to which parent they wanted to live with. I found this quite remarkable for a country where foreigners have basically no rights, and who usually get screwed over for the rights they may have. This is good news for those of you with such a problem, and have an interest and love for your children. To the OP, hope things work out for you, good luck.