Quick visa run

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I couldn't find an answer else where on this site.

I'm British, mid thirties.  Have travelled around Laos and Cambodia and Malaysia so well aware of the border crossings etc.  But now in BKK and need to make a quick border run due to work comitments.  I'm half way through my double entry - don't need to get new visa, just leave and re-enter.

Is it possible to go to Poipet and back in one day, using public transport?  

Are there any agencies, KSR or elsewhere that do this trip in a minibus?

And am I right in thinking I need the Cambodian visa to hop over and back again, (isn't it possible to leave Thailand without entering Cambodia)?

And is Poipet the cheapest way to to a border run from BKK, or is there any other cheaper way.

Thanks for any help.

Hey Eastender

Going to Poipet is probably the cheapest and easiest way of doing a border run.  Buses from KSR leave everyday at about 6.30am, and arrive back in BKK early evening.  Go to any travel agent on KSR.  I can recommend Olavi Tours (53 Chakkrapong Rd. - just off KSR).

You will need a Cambodian visa.  Get one at any travel agent in BKK (about $20), or at Aranya Prathet at the border.  The bus will stop here for an hour at a restaurant for people to get a Cambodian visa - and then on to Poipet.

Take it easy :cool: