Don's Foods

Crow Boy

A couple of days ago I asked Don for details of some of his products and he sent me a copy of his price list. I was impressed by the range and prices so thought that I would put the file up on the Chiang Rai forum for everyone's information.

regards

CB

Product_Pricing_Jan._2___2008.pdf

Edited by Crow Boy
reload of pdf file

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes,

Me and my wife come there regularly. Buy we enjoy already a long time his first class products and I'm so happy with his bread. Not only a decent price baht 48, incl. VAT, but also a nice crust to bite in and a nice taste inside. I'm speaking about the dark bread. The other breads are also o.k. The same for his meat products. The best steaks I have eaten in Thailand and still there is people saying that good local beef in Thailand is impossible. His cheese is also more then OK and then the price, almost half of that of that "late" Belgium baker.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Talking of Dons & Chiang Mai...

had a Saudi based friend ask after ; Don Warford ?

Last known to be in Chiang mai ... but about a year ago, his Thai wife named Duen -

Just an old friend wanting to catch up if any Chiang mai based Guys know of him.

cheers,

TPE.

[The original, now retired and back in NZ.]

• 2 weeks later...

Visited Don`s recently: Service not good at all. The staff still seem to disappear for long spells. Steak not done the way I asked. They don`t keep an eye on the fridge as the beer dwindles( there were quite a few of us), leaving you to put up with warm beer or put ice in it :o.

Try to teach them Don, please Because it`s a lovely place to go to eat and drink.

Visited Don`s recently: Service not good at all. The staff still seem to disappear for long spells. Steak not done the way I asked. They don`t keep an eye on the fridge as the beer dwindles( there were quite a few of us), leaving you to put up with warm beer or put ice in it :o .

Try to teach them Don, please Because it`s a lovely place to go to eat and drink.

Tough for Don to be there all the time to supervise staff.

We sometimes see the same drop off when he leaves Phuket.

Have not seen it this time as he has the staffing scenario pretty stablized, give him a little time to do the same with the Chiang Rai staff and I'm sure all will be well.

In the meantime if you are there with your crew, ask the help to chill more beers for ya.

Visited Don`s recently: Service not good at all. The staff still seem to disappear for long spells. Steak not done the way I asked. They don`t keep an eye on the fridge as the beer dwindles( there were quite a few of us), leaving you to put up with warm beer or put ice in it :D .

Tough for Don to be there all the time to supervise staff.

We sometimes see the same drop off when he leaves Phuket.

Have not seen it this time as he has the staffing scenario pretty stablized, give him a little time to do the same with the Chiang Rai staff and I'm sure all will be well.

In the meantime if you are there with your crew, ask the help to chill more beers for ya.

Can`t see the fridge from where we were sitting. And , oh yes, Don was there. :o

• 1 month later...

Easiest explanation is going to the Rai Mae Fah Luang park from town and and then following the signs for Pha Soet Hot Spring. You will eventually find Don's on your left hand side at a spot where it is very ambiguous what side of a big tree you are supposed to drive on.

Ok, I guess you know the place or you don't. I don't know the 'Rai Mae Fah Luang' park , or the new prison. can't see doi hang on my map either. Which side of the river ? west towards the Elephant camp ?, North towards the Universities ? South west ?

Try Doi Ang, that's what it's called on Google Maps.

West towards the elephant camp sounds right. Coming from the south, as I would, on the old Chiang Mai road, (route 1121), you turn left at the first set of traffic lights.

Don's is about 10 kms.

Ok So I need to be going south down the 'Old Chiang Mai Road' from Town. If its the road I'm thinking then the first right doubles back to the garden centre and the Army camp. The second or maybe third right goes towards 'pataya noi' maybe.

That's it, go south through the lights (wait till they turn green though) that you turn right for Pattaya Noi, where the Garden Show is held, and continue to the next set of lights and turn right. It's 10kms from the intersection.

As goski said, watch for the signs to the hot spa and waterfall.

Edited by sceadugenga

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found the place last wednesday. Had Lunch there, One of the 'all day' breakfasts; not very adventurous I Know but I had a craving. .. ..

Anyway; One of the best breakfasts I've had here. Homemade Hashbrowns, very good sausages , what more can I say.

unfortunately it was so good that I'm unlikely to get past the Breakfasts menu next time ;-)

• 4 months later...

I use Dons place every now and again. The Steaks are very good , both T-Bone and Sirloin but the Rack of Ribs - Really good. Make sure you ask for them to be very hot when you get them , sometimes they are not hot enough . Great English Breakfast sausages, the best I have eaten in Thailand. The Lamb chops I had were tough as old boots, must have been Mutton . Better sourcing needed .

The service is generally ok but sometimes very slow, mainly as the lady running the place has to do everything from taking the orders to cooking the food and selling the frozen meats etc in the shop section. I know Don has had trouble getting honest reliable local staff.

• 3 months later...