Bangkok Airport To Pattaya

finewine

Getting from the airport to Pattaya is always a hassle unless you are happy to pay 2000 baht.

There is supposed to be a direct bus from the Domestic Terminal about every three hours.

Does anyone know the times, its number or the company running it?

Thanks

finewine

Funny thing that, I know the buses go from Pattaya North direct to airport, but never seen anything to do with reverse direction.

I usually get a taxi, negotiate 1300 Baht. usually can find a few others to shere with. If 3 people maybehave to pay 1500, but each will be dropped off at respective hotels. When you think what it can cost you to get from Pattaya North Bus Station to your hotel, not a bad deal.

There WAS a Thai Airways International bus three times daily. Now, it's simple enough to book a Taxi at the airport via email or Fax.

ie;

Khrongfa Pattaya Centre Tours & Transport

206/84 Soi Town in Town

Central Road

Pattaya City 20260

Tel: (0) 38 423067, (0) 1575 6754, (0) 1694 6139

Fax: (0) 38 716528,

[email protected]

Bkk airport to Pattaya

Taxi: 1000 baht

Minibus: 1400 baht

Cheaper option of 'Taxi Meter': 800 baht

Parking and Toll charges not included.

Driver should be waiting for you with name card at Arrivals.

Just paid B1200 plus tollway(B155)I always go up to arrivals and get a taxi that is dropping off.

I always go up to arrivals and have noticed recently that more people are dong the same so not as quick. Now with your post, everyone will be doing it! :o

Oh well Mai bpen rai :D

Airport bus to Ekamai= Bt.100 then standard charabang to Pat Noi bus station for Bt 90. is easiest and cheapest.

There is also a local bus that stops everwhere on route to drop granny and her clucks off for about Bt 60 (from Eki) but that ends up in central road at Jomp.beach.(but handy for Jom)

I have also have taken the Thai Airways mini bus on occasions (Bt 200) which goes via the motorway and gets you there in about an hour and half but they chuck you off at their office in 3rd Rd Pat so you will then prob.need a Song-Thao or motorbike @about 20-30 Bt.to your digs.

Wife sold car her car where she came here (UK) so when in town she sometimes borrows one of her old mans or get friends to run us down for the weekend which means that I always have a bunch of women in tow.

Never taken a limo...peng ben noi :o:D

Airport bus to Ekamai= Bt.100 then standard charabang to Pat Noi bus station for Bt 90. is easiest and cheapest

Quicker and easier to go to Morchit (North bus station) than Ekamai. Taxi to here about 100 Baht plus toll and tip. If more than one of you, cheaper as well!

Taking a coach from BKK Airport to Pattaya? :o Guess I don't understand - prefer taking a 1000THB car service any day.

Normally when you come out of the customs,There is a limo place here trying to get you for upto 1800 baht,I always go outside and go to the white Mercs in a line and you will get it for 1300 plus toll,Last one i went with got me to Pattaya in 90 minutes,he was flat out at 130 kph most of the way :D

• 3 weeks later...
3 coaches per day from the airport at the thai limo desk u can get the ticket, they leave 9am /12am /7pm

Being a 'cheap charlie' I take the 9:00am Thai Airway bus for 200bt, but once I was not allowed on as it was full and they would not get a larger bus. :D I took the A3 to Ekamai, 100bt, then the regular bus to Pattaya. Same price but just a little more hassle; get off A3, walk 50 meters, take next bus to Pattaya. 40bt and the share baht bus will drop you off or take a moto direct to the hotel. Simple and I am 1000bt ahead of the taxi-limo guys.:o

I have also have taken the Thai Airways mini bus on occasions (Bt 200) which goes via the motorway and gets you there in about an hour and half but they chuck you off at their office in 3rd Rd Pat so you will then prob.need a Song-Thao or motorbike @about 20-30 Bt.to your digs.

The last 3 times I took the Thai Airways bus to Pattaya the driver had his own little fiddle. He finds out where you are staying and offers to drop you off for the same fare as a charter baht bus would charge, usually 30-50bt. I am happy to pay him, stay on an air con bus, only handle the luggage once at your hotel. A win-win deal for both of us. :o

Getting from the airport to Pattaya is always a hassle unless you are happy to pay 2000 baht.

There is supposed to be a direct bus from the Domestic Terminal about every three hours.

Does anyone know the times, its number or the company running it?

Thanks

finewine

Thai Airway run a minibus or bus at 9:00am, 12:00pm, 7:00pm, to Pattaya depending on how many want to go. 200bt. Very easy; book at the desk before exiting the airport. The driver will offer to drop you at your hotel for another 30-50bt. Worth it as a baht bus or moto would charge about the same from the 3rd office.

There WAS a Thai Airways International  bus three times daily. Now, it's simple enough to book a Taxi at the airport via email or Fax.

ie;

Khrongfa Pattaya Centre Tours & Transport

206/84 Soi Town in Town

Central Road

Pattaya City 20260

Tel: (0) 38 423067, (0) 1575 6754, (0) 1694 6139

Fax: (0) 38 716528,

[email protected]

Bkk airport to Pattaya

Taxi: 1000 baht

Minibus: 1400 baht

Cheaper option of 'Taxi Meter': 800 baht

Parking and Toll charges not included.

Driver should be waiting for you with name card at Arrivals.

Sounds like a winner to me. Always disliked the having to change into another car 2-3 clicks from Don Muang. Guess a few other guest houses/hotels etc down in fun city would provide similar services - the trick being to REMEMBER setting this up before getting onto your flight from wherever it is you fly in from... :o

/// dfw

The wife always picks me up, but sometimes I like to surprise her and get in a day early. Then I take a limo, around 1k5 baht plus toll. After a long flight I couldn't stomach sitting on a bus just to save 1k baht, with the limo or wife I can buy a few roadies at the 7/11 on the way out and relax and enjoy the trip home.

But that is just me. Lazy :o