Good Skin Doctor In Pattaya

jomama

Can anyone recommend one?

If you get a pharmacist mixing you "Salicylic Spirit 5%" it will do the job... no doc needed - he will prescribe you Antibiotics, Painkillers, some Uppers, some Downers, .... or go and see a genuine chinese Doc in Yaowarat, Bkk's Chinatown!

Hi,

What do you need? I have some psoriasis too and have checked a couple of clinics / hospitals but basically if you're looking for expertise don't bother as you may have noticed, skin conditions are very rare for Thais and much more the province of the falang.

If you want a prescription, just go to any and tell them what you want.

Some medecines (steroidal - betnovate, etc.) are available over the counter, Tesco lotus has a good selection.

Soi Potisan, about 1km in from the Pattaya-Naklua Road end, right-hand side, just past the 7-11 (on left hand side). The place is signposted as Ob-gyn as well as Dermatology.

Don't know if it's any good (the Ob-gyn is the best, btw) but the place is busy with Thais seeking cures for skin ailments.

Wondering if a reaction to swimming pool chlorine can cause psoriasis to break out? or is it something different .

I would suggest not Jimmy, although little is known why psoriasis occurs, it is caused by an over production of skin cells, the skin then gets thicker and scalier and very itchy.

Some say stress or worry can kick it off or a sudden shock in your life, it may even be heritary, but not always.

But I have never heard of chlorine kick starting it.

Moss

Wondering if a reaction to swimming pool chlorine can cause psoriasis to break out? or is it something different .

I would suggest not Jimmy, although little is known why psoriasis occurs, it is caused by an over production of skin cells, the skin then gets thicker and scalier and very itchy.

Some say stress or worry can kick it off or a sudden shock in your life, it may even be heritary, but not always.

Moss

When I first came to Pattaya 20 years ago I was covered head to toe in psoriasis

Had it from when I was a little kid - came on bad with stress of divorce.

I found someone who cured it in a week - her name was Oy - Baby3........ :o

When I first came to Pattaya 20 years ago I was covered head to toe in psoriasis

There you go - that's one way to get rid of it!

You could also put your question on the ThaiVisa medical forum and Sheryl will probably give you advice.

Or you could see Dr. Chanchai at PIH. He knows about skin.

There is a lot of information on the net about psorasis.

If you are prepared to make dietary changes and take some herbal supplements i think you can greatly alleviate the symptoms.

Fish oil is good for psorasis along with B vitamins but you also need to make dietary changes to help overcome this condition.

It is an inflammatory condition and associated with an acidic system.

So you need to cut out things like yeast and sugar and get your system alkaline eating alkaline foods.

Stress is a definite contributing factor.

I have very mild psorasis which gets worse if i am under a lot of stress.

Beer is really bad for such a conditon and probably if you are going to drink you should stick to vodka with soda.

If you are prepared to make dietary changes and take some herbal supplements i think you can greatly alleviate the symptoms.

Fish oil is good for psorasis along with B vitamins but you also need to make dietary changes to help overcome this condition.

So you need to cut out things like yeast and sugar and get your system alkaline eating alkaline foods.

Beer is really bad for such a conditon and probably if you are going to drink you should stick to vodka with soda.

Thanks "doctor", but I have had this for years and know it all too well. I need to see a doctor because I want to get some coal tar, steroid lotions and possibly methrothrexate. Your advice is not necssarily wrong, but only scratches the surface -- no pun intended. Thanks, though.

Thanks "doctor", but I have had this for years and know it all too well. I need to see a doctor because I want to get some coal tar, steroid lotions and possibly methrothrexate. Your advice is not necssarily wrong, but only scratches the surface -- no pun intended. Thanks, though.

Up to you which way you want to go........personally i wouldn't take such medications long term because the condition will never go away

Up to you which way you want to go........personally i wouldn't take such medications long term because the condition will never go away

I believe that you have to be very careful with steroid lotions and, of course, you do know that methotrexate can have very serious side effects and to quote an internet site "To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your blood will need to be tested on a regular basis. Your kidney or liver function may also need to be tested. Do not miss any scheduled appointments".

Moss

Ahhhhhhh..... sweet Oy. I will never forget that little darling.

I hate to recommend anyone at Bangkok-Pattaya Hsp, but "Dr. Anna" is a very good dermatologist there. She's only in on certain days, so you must make appt.

OTOH...I'd _never_ use "Dr. Anna" again!! I saw her for a small (3-mm) basal-cell lesion from the sun on my face.

She excised it and now have a conspicuous 1.5-cm scar to show for it! The fee was 9000-Bt ($225 equivalent)!!!

She works part-time as she is semi-retired; I think her fees are based to increase her retirement fund.

I had a similar sized lesion lesion removed in the States; the Dr used cryosurgery to remove it...result a small blemish (no big scar).

Fee was $100 (4000-Bt equivalent).

I hate to recommend anyone at Bangkok-Pattaya Hsp, but "Dr. Anna" is a very good dermatologist there. She's only in on certain days, so you must make appt.

OTOH...I'd _never_ use "Dr. Anna" again!! I saw her for a small (3-mm) basal-cell lesion from the sun on my face.

She excised it and now have a conspicuous 1.5-cm scar to show for it! The fee was 9000-Bt ($225 equivalent)!!!

She works part-time as she is semi-retired; I think her fees are based to increase her retirement fund.

I had a similar sized lesion lesion removed in the States; the Dr used cryosurgery to remove it...result a small blemish (no big scar).

Really? Ouch. I first learned about her through a recommendation on this forum and I saw her a couple of times a few years ago. For me she was thorough, knowledgeable, and quite reasonably priced. However, she didn't perform any procedures on me. I would note that any "surgery" at BPH is bound to be a ripoff and every detail must carefully questioned. Once a BPH general surgeon offered to remove a sebaceous cyst for 6,000 Bt (not including the ++ that would later be added), utterly simple routine procedure. Disgusted, I went to the public hospital in Siricha and paid--get this--300 Bt.

Well, we'd better forget Dr. Anna. I might speculate that she must have known about cryosurgery but thought she couldn't charge as much for it; perhaps she's been corrupted by BPH! I'll try Phiyathai myself then.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Really? Ouch. I first learned about her through a recommendation on this forum and I saw her a couple of times a few years ago. For me she was thorough, knowledgeable, and quite reasonably priced. However, she didn't perform any procedures on me. I would note that any "surgery" at BPH is bound to be a ripoff and every detail must carefully questioned. Once a BPH general surgeon offered to remove a sebaceous cyst for 6,000 Bt (not including the ++ that would later be added), utterly simple routine procedure. Disgusted, I went to the public hospital in Siricha and paid--get this--300 Bt.

Well, we'd better forget Dr. Anna. I might speculate that she must have known about cryosurgery but thought she couldn't charge as much for it; perhaps she's been corrupted by BPH! I'll try Phiyathai myself then.

Thanks for posting your experience.

I have mixed experiences here.

If need medications,Dr Anna is good

If need any surgical/cosmetical;forget BPH and dr Anna

Had to alter some skin color differences on my face.Like in Belgium they do it with laser

She wanted to do it in 2 sessions when home country they do it in 1 and at the same price per session (4000 :o

I think the best dermatologist around is Dr. Natapat....She is the owner of Apex Profound Beauty. Although she makes her money doing laser treatments and botox etc....she has excellent credentials and has degrees from the finest medical schools in the U.S. Her english is perfect and I am sure she can help you solve your skin problems.She has many clinics in BKK and is also here in Pattaya at Royal Garden about once a month........her number is 038-710-043...www.apexprofoundbeauty.com

She is also on the staff at Bumrungrad in BKK and you will find it difficult to find a dermatologist with her type of backround here in Thailand

I have had two severe outbreaks before and went into complete remission both times. I now live in Beijing, where the cold, dry weather -- combined with a year of over-doing alcohol -- has brought on the third severe attack. When I lived in Thailand, I used moderate amounts of sun and salt baths, combined with coal tar (no side effects at all) and it cleared. That's why I 'm coming to Thailand for 10 days to get some sea and sun, but I want the backup meds just in case.

I know about methotrexate -- it is the very last choice. I took it once for two months and will only take it in a crisis (like complete coverage of my entire body). I quite drinking two months ago and it is getting a bit better, but the cold, biting wind makes it tough.

In my case, it's alchol, not diet, that triggered it.

Thanks for all the responses, guys! Yes, a lot of people have psoriasis, but it's mostly kept secret because it's so unattractive and freaks other people out. Thais used to point at my legs when I was suffereing and yell aids! (the say aid). I stopped wearing shorts. So most people keep it secret and covered.

[/quotAre you sure its psoraisis. I had a skin condition for a couple of years which would get worse every time I visited thailand. The symptoms usually got worse right after a hot shower. I had these spots all over my chest and back. I finally went to a doctor in the states and he diagnosed it as tinea versicolor. It is basically a yeast fungus that most people have that outbreaks when exposed to heat and humidity which is why it always got worse when I visited Thailand. He gave me an anti fungal shampoo and cream and told me to use it for about a month. It was gone in 2 days. If the area which has the spots have been tanned it will take several months for the spots to disappear because the spots dont tan.

I've lived with mild psoriasis (elbows/knees/ankles/scalp) for the last 45 years and it was definitely a psychological shock which brought it on in my particular case. I've been prescribed most of the available creams/ointments/lotions/emollients over the years with varying degrees of success and for the last 20 years I've kept the condition under reasonable control with Calcipotriol (50 mcg/g).

It is available as a cream or an ointment and, back in UK, can only be obtained using a doctor's prescription. But... as you might expect, it is available over-the-counter at parmacies in Thailand. They may have to order it for you because it is not something which most pharmacies keep in stock. Having said that, I've never had to wait for more than 3-4 days after placing an order with my regular pharmacy in Chaiyaphum town.

The trade name in Thailand is "Daivonex" (UK trade name "Dovonex") and it is available in 30 gram tubes. Price? about 700 baht per tube if you order 3 at a time. If any fellow suffered knows where I could purchase the stuff more cheaply I'd love to hear!