Immigration Fasttrack

onzestan

Hi there,

Don't know whether it has been mentioned before.

Check-out following website : htpp://www.thailongstay.co.th.

Can choose from 1 time service to 1 year including visa assistance and 90 days notification done for you.

Not to expensive if you're a regular traveler.

I'm gonna give it a try.

cheers

onzestan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the site states that emigration on arrival is several hours of waiting - clearly exaggeration. I wouldn't trust a company advertising their services that way

read on...

"Own TLM Gold card used to identify yourself instead of a passport , and also guaranteed for an extra taking care by Thai Tourist Police"

well, thats reassuring :o

Hi all,

Clearly not intended for the budget traveler, but for some of us who are willing to pay a bit extra, for being able to feel important enough to bypass all the hassles that one can encounter arriving after a long and tiresome trip, it might be worthwhile.

Regarding the exagerated wording of the site let's not forget we are in Thailand.

Anyway they don't promise to wash your linen whiter than white.

My next flight won't be till june so don't hold your breath waiting for my report. :o

cheers

onzestan

Considering the fact, that it never took me longer than about 15 minutes to pass immigration, that I have my retirement visa already, that I don't need another mobile phone, well there is not too much left.

What kind of mobile phone do they offer in the 72k package? A Nokia 1101? No thank you, I prefer to keep in contact with the immigration personally.

Considering the fact, that it never took me longer than about 15 minutes to pass immigration, that I have my retirement visa already, that I don't need another mobile phone, well there is not too much left.

What kind of mobile phone do they offer in the 72k package? A Nokia 1101? No thank you, I prefer to keep in contact with the immigration personally.

If you don't need it good for you.

I however had the misfortune to arrive on 2 occasions when hundreds of chinese that hadn't filled out their TM card had arrived just before me. Had to stand in line for over 90 minutes one time whilst my suitcase was making rounds on the luggage belt.

I don't need that and if I can avoid it it's well worth it for me after a flight of over 12 hrs. There have been numerous complaints about long queues at immigration so it can happen. I also have to add that I'm over 65 and in not to good physical condition so once again if you don't need it good for you.

There are however people that will consider this possibility as a god's end and those are the people I wanted to share this information with. We don't all have the possibility to apply for an Apec card because of where we are born.

It's easy to criticize but please keep in mind that there are people on this planet that can benefit from such a service, I just wish there was something similar available in Europe at the same pricelevel.

Thank you.

onzestan

Don't bother, waste of time if you ask me. Remember there are more than one immigration clearance queues in different locations if one is full :o

Very rare I have seen them all queued out. Just don't be a lemming and follow all the other passengers use the other one...

Edited by dekka007

Your welcome :o

I am passing through immigration about twice a week and i would say 1 outta 50 times I queue more than 10 mins. If its queued out just turn around and walk to the other immigration clearance section..

I've done that on my last arrival and it was even worse there, because the chinese know about that one too.

This was after a trip from Frankfurt with 2 hours delay arriving in Abu Dhabi, and then 8 more hours delay in departing from Abu Dhabi arriving at 2:30 a.m. in Bangkok. If I had known then about the service in question, I would gladly have paid the double price, because I was exhausted.

Once again people, if you don't need it or can't afford it or wont pay for it, please consider that for some people it might make the arrival less stressful as it sometimes can be.

Let me also remind you that a survey on "Skytrax" revealed that the airport experience was the most stressful part of the journey for 80 percent of the travelers that participated in the survey.

And can we please stop commenting on what is a worthwhile service. That's different for different people because after all I decide on what I want to spend my money.

cheers

onzestan.

Good luck with it, Money well spent in YOUR case then.

Just don't give the false impression to new travellers to the airport that horrendous queues at immigration are the norm! They are a exception trust me I travel through there a lot more than most.

The number of open immigration points has increased from 2 weeks ago on arrival and departure - so it should get even better now.

Just don't expect the worst when you arrive as the OP is implying.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is in someway connected with the company offering this service! as he seems OVERLY protective of it :D

And also I do believe in one of your other posts you were claiming how great, efficient the airport is and much better than europe etc. etc....... :o

Edited by dekka007

I concur with Dekka, and I'm a constant user too. Is it just me, or is it only the very rare users of the airport who complain about it all the time? Anyone with half a brain knows that the way to avoid queing up for long at immigration is either to move to the second area (both are very rarely full) and, more commonsensical, walk to the area fast. It amazes me how people dawdle off the plan, stand leisurely on the moving pathways and then wonder why people got the immigration queues ahead of them.

Lazy buggers.

I've used it at least 40-50 times since it opened. Only once have I waited more than 15 minutes. More usually it's one or two people ahead of me. Far far better than HK, for example.

The queues leaving the airport can be hassle, but the APEC card takes care of that to those of us lucky enough to qualify for one.

Hi all,

Clearly not intended for the budget traveler, but for some of us who are willing to pay a bit extra, for being able to feel important enough to bypass all the hassles that one can encounter arriving after a long and tiresome trip, it might be worthwhile.

Regarding the exagerated wording of the site let's not forget we are in Thailand.

Anyway they don't promise to wash your linen whiter than white.

My next flight won't be till june so don't hold your breath waiting for my report. :o

cheers

onzestan

yes, you get that treatment when you arrive on TG First class (or book VIP airport arrivals service when staying that the Oriental, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit etc.) ....golf buggy from plane to the diplomat's immigration counter; then porter help with luggage from carousel through customs lane and then into your car, cab or limo.... (the only difference with ThaiLongStay seems to be that you must go to the "ThaiLongStay" counter in Concourse D by yourself...no golf buggy from plane?) do you also have an arrivals lounge?

that seems worthwhile for a Silver card (with no visa items) for B12K a year IF you travel (non-TG First class) fairly frequently...one, twice or more a month and usually have more than one carry-on or one checked roller bag.....and cant be bothered to race to the immigration lanes or hassle with luggage (especially after an inter-continental flight)...

please let us know on this thread how your trial member card works out!

[incidentally, the TG First/Business class fast-track exit immigration is often better than the diplomat's lane going out of Thailand...BUT they are both more often than not MUCH better than the normal exit immigration counters...]

[also, if you have a blue or white residence permit book, one practical advantage when entering Thailand is that you can join the Thai immigration counters or the Foreigners immigration counters, whichever have shorter lines/queues (or are deserted)...the Thai lines seem invariably shorter or non-existant :D ]

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP is in someway connected with the company offering this service! as he seems OVERLY protective of it :D

And also I do believe in one of your other posts you were claiming how great, efficient the airport is and much better than europe etc. etc....... :o

I would like to know what in god's name have I done to you.

FYG I have made my money BEFORE I came to live in Thailand, so I don't have to work or affiliate myself to any business in Thailand, let alone a semi-official one.

You will also notice that in the tread you refer to I also admitted that I had to wait longer than normal on 2 occaisions. If you say A have to say B to.

I am a fan of the new airport as it is MUCH better than any European airport that I know allthough I admit not knowing them all.

And to Bendix, easy for you with your Apec card, since I'm Belgian I do not have the possibility to get one, and could you please remember that not all people are blessed with a good health and physical condition. I for one am not and it is physically impossible for me to hurry-up. What am I supposed to do, lay down and die, or refrain from traveling because I might get in the way of someone? I didn't expect that from you.

This is my last comment on this topic, I posted it to inform some people of the possibility, that's it, nothing more nothing less and I think it has served it's purpose.

cheers

onzestan

Edited by onzestan

FYG I have made my money BEFORE I came to live in Thailand, so I don't have to work or affiliate myself to any business in Thailand, let alone a semi-official one.

You will also notice that in the tread you refer to I also admitted that I had to wait longer than normal on 2 occaisions. If you say A have to say B to.

I am a fan of the new airport as it is MUCH better than any European airport that I know allthough I admit not knowing them all.

And to Bendix, easy for you with your Apec card, since I'm Belgian I do not have the possibility to get one, and could you please remember that not all people are blessed with a good health and physical condition. I for one am not and it is physically impossible for me to hurry-up. What am I supposed to do, lay down and die, or refrain from traveling because I might get in the way of someone? I didn't expect that from you.

This is my last comment on this topic, I posted it to inform some people of the possibility, that's it, nothing more nothing less and I think it has served it's purpose.

cheers

onzestan

Thanks for posting that, I travel very frequently and hate the queues on both sides, might give the package a go, I won't this time as I will be travelling with the Mrs and use the Thai immigration desk but after that I think I will have a go, small price to pay to avoid waiting around after 20+ hrs of flying

No need to be so touchy. I was only pointing out that on the 40 or so times I've used immigration at Swampy, I've waited over ten minutes only once. My point was that the queues arent very long usually, so was querying the value of this scheme. (And this was before I got my APEC card).

But, hey, if it works for you, go for it. No skin off my nose. I'll be interested in your experiences.

cheers

onzestan

thanks onzestan...just ignore the dorks....

thanks for posting that! :D I might try it too just to see how it works...its affordable for the experiment...especially after a loooong trip from the States with lots of luggage...

please let us know how your trial card works out :D

ignore the dorks....

Because we put across another point of view we become dorks.... jeez.

Anyway did an experiment in the interests of the discussion this week and passed through arrival immigration 3 times with the following results:

Friday 9am - 1.5 mins Queue

Monday 6pm - 5 mins Queue (Including changing walking from 1 area to the next)

Wednesday 10pm - 4 mins Queue

Make your own choice about the need for this service or not.

I concur with Dekka, and I'm a constant user too. Is it just me, or is it only the very rare users of the airport who complain about it all the time? Anyone with half a brain knows that the way to avoid queing up for long at immigration is either to move to the second area (both are very rarely full) and, more commonsensical, walk to the area fast. It amazes me how people dawdle off the plan, stand leisurely on the moving pathways and then wonder why people got the immigration queues ahead of them.

Lazy buggers.

I've used it at least 40-50 times since it opened. Only once have I waited more than 15 minutes. More usually it's one or two people ahead of me. Far far better than HK, for example.

The queues leaving the airport can be hassle, but the APEC card takes care of that to those of us lucky enough to qualify for one.

Airport happiness = APEC card + business/first class travel or economy with star alliance gold + no checked in baggage

:o

Because we put across another point of view we become dorks.... jeez. :

these kind of accusations and comments ARE dorkish

Edited by trajan