Getting A Tourist Visa In Thailand

I have been in Thailand for almost 4 months now. Before I came I got the 60 day tourist visa from the Thai consulate in Houston. Once that ran out I made a border run to Laos and then a month later I made another to Myanmar. In two weeks when my current visa exemption expires I am going to go to Cambodia to get my 3rd consecutive visa exemption, which is the last one I am allowed. After that I am planning on staying in Thailand for another 2 months. I assume I should just get another tourist visa for that time. Is it possible to get one from within the country? I am staying in the Northeast so is there somewhere near Korat or Khon Kaen that I can get it. Also, is it possible to just mail in my passport or would I have to go in person? Any help is appreciated.

You must leave the country to obtain a tourist visa - why not visit Vientiane in two weeks and obtain a tourist visa then. That will take care of the next two months and then you can visit any immigration to extend for the extra 30 days. One trip that way and you have the option to use another visa exempt entry if required later.

Yea I know I could have gotten an extension, but I wanted to take the trip to Vientiane anyway. Would it be possible for me to get a tourist visa in Vietnam as I already have plans to go there in March anyway? Thanks for all of the help so far.

Sorry to continue asking so many questions, but should I just ask the american consulate or should I ask the consulate in Vietnam? Also, where are there Thai consulates in Vietnam? As I don't have any specific travel plans inside Vietnam yet, I will try and shape them around having to get my visa.

You want a Thai visa so you need to ask a Royal Thai Consulate.

Royal Thai Embassy

63-65 Hoang Dieu Street,

Hanoi

Tel. (84-4) 823-5092 to 93

Fax. (84-4) 823-5088, 733-1326

E-mail : [email protected]

Royal Thai Consulate-General

77 Tran Quoc Thao Street,

District 3,

Ho Chi Minh City

Tel. (848) 932-7637-8

Fax. (848) 932-6002

E-mail : [email protected]

Office Hours :

Visa and Consular section : 08.30-11.30 hrs./ 13.30-16.30 hrs.