Bangkok To Dubai Fares Stratospheric

Cornholio

I need to go to Dubai for a day ffrom BKK. I need to travel in the next month. The cheapest fares anywhere on the net I am finding are above 35K r/t which seems insane because I've done the trip each of the past 2 years for 24K and 17K. Maybe it's just peak season I dont know. Maybe someone has some ideas to finagle a good fare somehow. Knowing the Dubai is a major hub you can do a couple of 1 ways to other destinations only using the dubai-bkk portions of the ticket. any ideas?

I travel to Dubai pretty often and I have also noticed that the price for that particular route varies massively! Have you considered flying with Etihad to Abu Dhabi? They provide a free bus service to Dubai that takes just over an hour. Etihad are usually considerably cheaper than Emirates.

Maybe it's just peak season I dont know. Maybe someone has some ideas to finagle a good fare somehow. Knowing the Dubai is a major hub you can do a couple of 1 ways to other destinations only using the dubai-bkk portions of the ticket. any ideas?

It's a dead low season now. Internet prices are what is left after travel agencies got their seats on the planes.

2000A$ travel to London on Qantas is 6000$ on their web site.

New knowledge to me - Dubai represents anything on this planet, even became a "major hub"?