Bought A Mobile Phone Usb Cable From Tukom

scooterboy

Hi good people!

I hate mobile phones (cell phones) - I admit it. Never had the slightest inclination to buy one and hopefully never will. Don't even know how to operate such a thing.

But - (there's always a 'but', isn't there) my gf has one (a Nokia 1110, I believe) and she wants to install some mp3's onto the thing. While we were at Tukom, she got a pack containing a USB cable and a mini-disc to install one (of many) drivers on her Windows XP computer.

The package is named "Mobius Phone Explorer" and my only comment is, that it appears to lack being "user friendly" - unless you're a total whizz-kid at drivers. The accompanying trial software had most functions disabled, though they could be "enabled" by paying a fee through a website. Unfortunately there was no information on

how to actually use the darned cable. I did look on the internet for any info, but got only pages and pages of companies selling ringtones and such. The gf doesn't

want to buy ringtones, midis, movies, games or other crap to put on her mobile - just wants to transfer some songs that we already have on the computer. She did ask a friend for advice, but only got the reply "I don't know how I do it, but it's easy".

Yeah, right!

We now have the USB cable, some installed software and some mp3's - all on/in the computer. Maybe we need to download or borrow some program to convert/transfer the mp3's to her mobile - I wouldn't know.

Perhaps you guys are experts at this sort of thing - and I can imagine that once you do know how, then it's a dead easy process.

Now - imagine that we're sitting at the computer - the USB cable is plugged into both the phone and the USB port. We're looking at the list of mp3's via Windows Explorer -

In an easy step by step way -

What does she do now to transfer one (or more) mp3 songs from the computer to the mobile?

I'd appreciate just about ANY constructive tips or help to get this situation solved - then I can maybe get some peace and quiet again, at least until the next problem comes along! Please don't suggest some paysite on the internet - the gf has won innumerable "Miss Stingy" awards and won't cough up one baht unless

you forcibly twist her arm (both of them, in fact!).

Thanks for for your patience and for any constructive replies

Sorry, can't help you with your software but Nokia has a PC Suite for download for most of there Mobile Phones for free. Go the Nokia webside, find your mobile and you will see what software is availabe. With the PC Suite you will be able to transfer MP3 to the Mobile. Other possiblilty is go back to Tuk com and go to one of the many kiosk's. They will download the music your GF likes directly into the phone.

I'd appreciate just about ANY constructive tips or help to get this situation solved - then I can maybe get some peace and quiet again, at least until the next problem comes along! Please don't suggest some paysite on the internet - the gf has won innumerable "Miss Stingy" awards and won't cough up one baht unless

The very simple answer is that you cannot play music on a Nokia 1110 which is Nokia's absolute bottom end phone. You'll have to invest in a more expensive model.

The very simple answer is that you cannot play music on a Nokia 1110 which is Nokia's absolute bottom end phone. You'll have to invest in a more expensive model.

So is this about getting a new mobile phone so she can listen to her music hmmmmm! :o

Edited by begsaresponse

The OP wrote

Now - imagine that we're sitting at the computer - the USB cable is plugged into both the phone and the USB port

So either it's a different phone the the 1110, or he somehow managed to stick the data cable in the charging plug :o:D

Hi Guys!

Thanks for your input. Will try to download the advised software and see what happens.

Ha! - I wouldn't be at all surprised if the phone has no data connectivity at all! :D

I did ask her whether it was in fact possible to transfer songs onto the phone, but hey - you rarely get a clear and concise answer from a Thai :o

I'll report back when the pc-suite is installed and we're ready to "rock'n'roll"

Hi Guys!

Thanks for your input. Will try to download the advised software and see what happens.

Ha! - I wouldn't be at all surprised if the phone has no data connectivity at all! :D

I did ask her whether it was in fact possible to transfer songs onto the phone, but hey - you rarely get a clear and concise answer from a Thai :o

I'll report back when the pc-suite is installed and we're ready to "rock'n'roll"

You've already been given a clear answer a number of times in this thread.

Let me try again:

THE NOKIA 1110 DOES NOT HAVE DATA CONNECTIVITY AND IT DOES NOT PLAY MUSIC.

IT'S NOKIA'S BOTTOM END NO FRILLS PHONE.

A friend of mine asked me to help him hook up his Nokia to his laptop with a data cable. I don't remember what phone he had but can tell you the data cable did plug into the phone. I have a Nokia also that I use with my laptop so I had Nokia Suite and the data cable software. His phone simply would NOT work. Eventually I did find out that his phone had no connectivity capability. He bought a 3110 Classic and it hooks up with no problem.

So is this about getting a new mobile phone so she can listen to her music hmmmmm! :o

Sneaky little minxes aren't they?

Hi Guys!

Here's the report - I finally managed to download the pc-suite, which took a long time on a lousy modem connection. Great - and I asked the gf to check her mobile once again and to dig out and read the (Thai) manual. Turns out it DOES have data connectivity, though for sms' and text message interchange and NOT for mp3s. Seems she (and I) were a bit quick off the mark to ask your expert opinion, for which I apologize. :D

Full marks Monty for the info regarding downloading the pc-suite - and thanks - excellent advice and it was just the sort of reply I was looking for. :D

BTW, "He" does not handle her mobile in any way, except perhaps mentally to curse the thing on occasions.

Now I can return to my box :o and close the lid :D

Thanks