Por Kor 14 For Adding Child To Australian Temp Spouse Visa

Hello,

my wife is currently in Australia on the first two years of her spouse visa.

We have recently submitted the application to add her son to her visa.

As the childs natural father has not been seen for years my wife submitted a Por Kor 14 stating that she has looked after the child since birth in a sole capacity.

Is there anything else we should do to support the application.

Thanks for any assistance that you can suggest.

You are in a similar situation to me with the wife being the sole carer of the child. From what I have been told you either need the father to sign a stat dec or get a court order. Im sure gburns57au will join this topic and he will give you some excellant advice.

Good luck

Hello,

my wife is currently in Australia on the first two years of her spouse visa.

We have recently submitted the application to add her son to her visa.

As the childs natural father has not been seen for years my wife submitted a Por Kor 14 stating that she has looked after the child since birth in a sole capacity.

Is there anything else we should do to support the application.

Thanks for any assistance that you can suggest.

She will need a letter of consent or a court order giving her sole custody to bring the child here. If she can track the father down and get him to do a letter it will be so much easier...My wife did this after 6 years of non contact with her sons natural father.

I dont know about the court process but I would hazard a guess that she would need to be there, She may need some legal advice in Thailand for it. On the subject of the PK14....it may pay her to get some from her rellies stating the same thing (Mother, grandmother, sisters etc..) ....I think that would assist with the court order.

You said you have submitted the application already so the embassy should let you know what else is required.

How old is the child?.....could be there are other options.

You are in a similar situation to me with the wife being the sole carer of the child. From what I have been told you either need the father to sign a stat dec or get a court order. Im sure gburns57au will join this topic and he will give you some excellant advice.

Good luck

Hows things going with yours Sezzo??

Good luck

Hows things going with yours Sezzo??

The medicals have been done last week in Khon Kaen, next week the wife goes to BKK to do the police check. I am there in 3 weeks and will make an appointment with a lawyer (apperently speaks good english) in Ubon and see how we go from there.

Will keep you posted.

I have just convinced my wife to try and get the stat dec signed by the kids father to release them to come to Oz. Where does she get this stat dec from. Is there an official form for this or is just written down on a piece of paper in the form of a letter.

Thanks in advance

I have just convinced my wife to try and get the stat dec signed by the kids father to release them to come to Oz. Where does she get this stat dec from. Is there an official form for this or is just written down on a piece of paper in the form of a letter.

Thanks in advance

The PK14 would be handy.....Go to the Amphur Office...They should have all the relevent forms

or.....

A letter written by the natural father and witnessed by someone from the Amphur Office (official stamp) or by anyone authorised to witness.

These will need to be translated into English and certified as a true translation.

Using the Amphur Office I think would be the best option.

Ok, thanks for that. I will pass it on to the wife today. Im pretty sure she has the PK14 form already. When we went and got the kids passports the people at the passport office told her that they needed this form so they can be issued passports.

Things are moving forward anyway.

Thanks again

• 5 months later...

Just an update.

Phone call from the embassy - visa granted.

To assist the application we supplied some further information that detailed the lack of contact with the father, particularly the lack of any financial support.

Also emphasized that the child is financially dependent on us, and we are located in Australia. We luckily avoided any going to court issues.

Just an update.

Phone call from the embassy - visa granted.

To assist the application we supplied some further information that detailed the lack of contact with the father, particularly the lack of any financial support.

Also emphasized that the child is financially dependent on us, and we are located in Australia. We luckily avoided any going to court issues.

Good one.....thanks for the update

Well done mate and congratulations. It seems that the process may be getting easier for all concerned. In our situation we were lucky and located the childs father and he was willing to sign the appropriate forms allowing the child to leave the country.

Congrats again,

Carl