Two Questions

N47HAN

at one time i had five bars in phuket kamala kata chalong now the only one i have is chalong and why becuse it was the only one that makes money

we get all year round trade in chalong not like kata etc now is slow but when the low comes chalong trade goes up why? maybe the cost of beer its a lot cheeper than anywhere on phuket.

i have the girls coverd no problem and none of them have road maps fitted and the cost of set up is not to much but hey its like anything if you dont try you dont know look at bill gates mmmmmmm lets make this thing called windows no that will not work but he try and where is he now

if you dont get out there and you have been here a longtime you end up like a thai sit and wait sit and wait ooooo and drink in bars in chalong.

karl...

Well it is me that is thinking of setting this up and from what i have seen here not a lot of you know much about chalong or the trade in bars.

I think you need to do some serious home-work before you spend your hard earned cash on this pie-in-the-sky.

I've got an idea, why doesn't the OP give me the cash for opening the agogo, and a year from now, I'll give him 50% back.

That will be 50% more than what he ends up with........

Sorry about my Lighthouse comment - I've been updated and I realise it's now run by a Thai family. The Canadians didn't last long :o

On topic, I know there are a few Karaoke bars just a few blocks south of Chalong circle and someone tried a sort of girly bar on the right before Gang Eng - never saw many customers there though

at one time i had five bars in phuket kamala kata chalong now the only one i have is chalong and why becuse it was the only one that makes money

we get all year round trade in chalong not like kata etc now is slow but when the low comes chalong trade goes up why? maybe the cost of beer its a lot cheeper than anywhere on phuket.

i have the girls coverd no problem and none of them have road maps fitted and the cost of set up is not to much but hey its like anything if you dont try you dont know look at bill gates mmmmmmm lets make this thing called windows no that will not work but he try and where is he now

if you dont get out there and you have been here a longtime you end up like a thai sit and wait sit and wait ooooo and drink in bars in chalong.

karl...

Remember, Chalong is a busy port.......dive places, boat trips..

Tours leave from Chalong.

In low season ppl dun go to Kata, Karon and Patong after a day in/on the water.

Yeah, with damned good eating, bars with cheap beer, Chalong gets the southern hemisphere winter tourist, Ockors and Kiwis who are more thrifty spenders.

(read cheapskates).....LOL......... me a Kiwi.

Simple logic.

with all the changes of bar owners in chalong i am now the 3rd oldest bar on the strip when i first set up the was only Mr India in the plazza so i have been here for a few years and done ok with the bar this is the next stage for chalong closed in and air con bar are now coming to chalong gogo are here too but there is still no daytime action anywhere

the market is there so here we go keep an eye on chalong

karl...

i am not in the plazza i am on the strip i wish the units was only 5000THB a unit in there i will take 3 thats for sure.

that plazza is an entertainment zone it was built to be all bars and gogo,s thats where it should all be then the place will take off good but now we got all the dive shops in there who do nothing but winne about the bars BUT we say nothing about all there trucks mini buses and all blocking the roads and the plazza

i also have an office up the back near smd and the dive shops just park all over in front at the side block me in then winne when asked to move

if i had my way i would get rid of them all and use it what it was built for

karl...

Chalong doesn't have the demographics to support an entertainment complex. If Kata can't make a profitable one, then why do you think Chalong is a good candidate for success?

I would have thought Dive Shops and Tour Companys are the most natural business to have on the Pier Road. They are close to the pier where their charters and tours start from. Makes sense logistically.

18 months ago, I was offered a single storey unit in the plaza for 5000 Baht per month. I was tempted, but after seeing the lack of customers down there for a full seven days, I knew it wasn't such a good deal.

Edited by Sir Burr

user-online.png<A href="http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showuser=34928">Rajah

I agree with ya.

Best bar in Chalong.

Bin going to On's bar every vist....... lovely lady.

Lotsa expats who are friendly and ready for gossip...... gals too :o

I rarely leave before closing time either.

Leave Chalong alone, it has great dining, buses to anywhere, except, Patong...... who goes there?

It is basically a dive port with the people who like to participate.

The ambience of Chalong, suits me fine.

post-46648-1202611460_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zpete

well i am not far from come on bar i did go in there a few times but its just not that good and the girls are not that flash.

there are a few better bars than that one in chalong and if it keeps on the up that bar will die if they dont up market now we are getting a lot that want the air con bars and dont want to sit out in the heat and dust and dog crap

karl...