My New Favorite Vegetarian Restaurant

DaMan

Tieng Sieng at the end of pra pokklao. I have been a few times and enjoyed there veggie dishes. They have some good, tasty, fake meat and I liked their veggie khao soi as well. Extremely cheap at 20-25 baht a meal. Recommended.......D

Hey, that's great..! Finally a vegetarian eating-place thread, instead of all burgers, pizzas and tacos..! I don't know the place you mention, but will try it out, the next chance I get. In the past, I ate at a small place in the night bazaar; indian-style food.

Ate at the vegetarian restaurant "Pun Pun", behind Wat Suan Dok today for lunch. It is right behind the monk chat building.

I really enjoyed the food, would recomend to all types of eaters for the salads alone. The atmosphere has a pretty positive vibe. Prices generally in the 35-50 range. They were kinda busy, waitress noted that they were shorthanded on staff. Will definitely be back............D

Yes - good thread - and just today I bought a second-hand gourmet Fusion-Japanese-French vegetarian cookbook (100bt!).

Another vegie restaurant - cheap and very light touch to the cooking - is in the Mae-Cho Rimping parking lot.

It is a small shop - at the right of that long row behind the main building.

Big and varied menu - cheap cheap.

I first saw it a month ago - I visit Mea-Cho twice a week and eat there every time.

:D Can give great review to Kaokung Restaurant (at MeeChoK- Rimping Supermarket) where the two guys who run the place are among the nicest

people we've met in CM. They have a menu with lots of pictures and descriptions that helps in ordering. The food is always made on the spot

and several appetizers, two main courses and drinks will come to about 120 baht for two . They are closed on the 1st and 16th of each month as a

matter of note.

Pun Pun at Wat Suan Dok is great but everyone who goes there regularly ,as we do, asks that you don't tell the tourists.

Khun Churn moved on the 30th to new "temporary" location on Soi 15 off Niman...Rd. They will be further relocating to

Soi 17 as soon as they complete "decorating". However note that the fabulous lunch buffet has been discontinued and replaced

with an a la carte menu or you can have a three course option with drink for 55 baht. The food was still great but if you planned on stuffing

yourself you'll be disappointed. HOPEFULLY the relocation to Soi 17 will bring a return of the lunch buffet, but that wasn't

promised in the flyer we read at the restaurant yesterday. Maybe someone from Khun Churn can answer that question here?

We would like to meet some other vegetarians for dinner-if interested PM us. Thanks- L&J :o