Maring Canadian Man. Like Your Opinion

I have been with a Canada man for 10 months and he wants me to go to Canada with him in the new year. He is working here now and hopes for a better future in Canada and does have a good job there. He said not to worry he will take care of me. We want to open an import export company together for Thai products.

I guess I am also trying to ask you about marring a Canada man my family here and his in Canada have accepted me and also my family has accepted him as my future husband, we have talked to my family and they approved.

What is your opinion on these issues.

I do love him very much and he is very loving and good to me. Better than I expected. :o

As with every nationality there are good and bad people. Canadians are on the whole very nice, you have to use your instinct.

I would say that Canada is very beautiful (the West specially) and the winters are bitching cold.

Enjoy!

I live in the States and Yes Canadian people are very nice but you have good and bad in all countrys sounds like you get along and your family's have approved and both of you love each other why not be together. use your judgement. and YES canadian winters are very cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o

I'm with Dave here.

Canada man or Canadian man.. pick one, babe.

Jeeze, you're hard. Not everybody was raised on a good education. give her a break. Her English is much better than a lot of the 'teachers' on this forum, especially Palm's. :o

In my experience, I've never met a Canadian I didn't like, and I've met plenty.

With those odds you should be ok, eh?

Just stick with one, mbkudu. It's kind of weird that one would write "Canadian man" and "Canada man" in the same sentence. :D But I agree, Palmer's spelling is terrible. And I've heard he's English. :o

I like Canadians. I just hate my ex. And he happens to be a Canadian.

Mods/admins; should this thread be moved to General Section?

Just stick with one, mbkudu. It's kind of weird that one would write "Canadian man" and "Canada man" in the same sentence.

Sorry LC, I just don't see it. Maybe it was edited.

Whoops, I get it, it's in the title of the post. Duhhh :o .

Edited by mbkudu

Hi all thanks for your views. I am pleased to inform you that I am hoping to go to Canada in the new year and do love him very much. He has been very good to me and his family likes me. We love each others company and he is very special to me.

And to those who think I can't spell, my husband has been teaching me English.

Please keep the coments comning I do appricate them.

I want to learn as much as I can about the country I am going to live in. And as to those who think this is a joke you can coment to other's and play your game's.

( It was not edited, so you can hopefully excuse my writtening, and if you can't please move on. Maybe I am not expresing my self correcty, but I am trying)

Thanks to all.

Swamper :o

Have fun Swamper, Canada is a wonderful country.

There is a wide variety of areas here from very cold all of the year to no snow at all all of the year. It simply depends where you live. Please keep in mind that Canada is very large. If you were to drive from West to East it is close to 10,000 km. From the 49th parallel to the far north is probably a similar distance. About 90% of all Canadians live within about 300 km of the US border though.

In general Canadians are an easy going lot. They like to have fun and typically enjoy the outdoors - I guess because there is sooo much of it. One thing of course you will have to get used to is the importance of ice hockey. An important Canadianism you will also have to learn is the word "eh" but you may know this already.

I myself have lived in the prairies and in BC. The prairies can be very cold and the summer is very short. BC would likely be easier on you in terms of climate, especially at the coast it is a mild ocean climate - very wet and temperature rarely below freezing in the winter, summers can be nice with temperatures up to 28 C. Further inland in the Okanagan, where I live it is a more continental climate - colder in the winter and hotter in the summer - up to 40 C sometimes. Not only is Beautiful British Columbia the overall mildest area; it also has the best skiing.

Here are a few websites for you to visit:

http://www.welcometokelowna.com Click on the weather image and the image of the day to see many pictures.

Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association

http://www.thompsonokanagan.com

Tourism British Columbia - Thompson Okanagan

http://www.hellobc.com/bcescapes/

Silver Star Mountain Resort

http://www.silverstarmtn.com

Sun Peaks Resort

http://www.sunpeaksresort.com

Big White Ski Resort

http://www.bigwhite.com

Predator Ridge Golf Resort

http://www.predatorridge.com

Gallagher’s Canyon Golf and Country Club

http://www.gallaghersgolf.com

Phone: (250) 861-4240

Kelowna Golf and Country Club

http://www.kgcc.bc.ca

Kettle Valley Steam Railway

http://www.kettlevalleyrail.org

Trail Inventory

Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen

http://www.rdos.bc.ca/d_ls_trails.htm

Maybe somebody else can provide some pointers for other areas in Canada.

For me its off to LOS on Friday to live with my fiance and settle in Chiang Mai for a while.

Have fun and enjoy :o

Dietmar

They can handle themselves, never fear. If they ever do need help they can call on us.

can call on us. Call on U.S. Call on US.

Same same. No Dickie? :o

They tried to sell themselves to us (US) once. Didn't want it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Swamper- where in Canada? It's a big country.

Get ready to be colder than you have ever been.

It is beautiful though, and no doubt better for your husband to make a living.

Canada is really just an outer province of the US. They rely on the US

for protection etc etc.

may be, but from the americans the main differences are:

1) they are mostly fit (while US are fat)

2) they do have sense of humor

3) better educated, more polite

4) much smarter: they got the best of US living with the best of european style

5) they love the nature instead of Hamburgers

6) they live in a wonderful unspoiled country

7) they do not have Bush nor Kerry

8) They don't smoke Marlboro

9) they don't like McDonald

10) more family oriented (US like to divorce and feed lawyers)

11) no money oriented or money slaves

12) Tipping is less mandatory than US

13) they play many sports (not just watching sport on TV like US do)

14) Toronto is wonderful, Montreal fascinating

15) Real Estate and cost of life is still OK

16) open minded for a stranger (like you)

17) they dress more elegant and do take more care of themselves

18) they are good skyers

19) food with french, italian and asian influence

20) they live in peace without willing to rule the world

YOU'RE A LUCKY GIRL

Errr, back to the topic...(if I may;)

Perhaps it would be helpfull if you tell us where in Canada you're going to be living?

I live in Bkk but was born in North Vancouver (UK family roots). Easily the most beautiful city in Canada (geographically speaking) if not the world. Surrounded by mountains and beaches with a multitude activities. From sitting at one of the many street side cafes downtown on Robson or Davie, or the amazing variety of Ethnic restaurants on Commercial ave, or Chinatown, etc, etc, you can be at one the mountains inside of 30 minutes...or at any number of beaches in mere minutes and what a view! Summer is pure magic. Winter, head for the slopes!

My Father married an Indonesian Lady after spending a few years on a contract there. She found a job as a chambermaid in a 5 star hotel (her choice). A few years later, she's had several promotions and is doing great! They like alot of the same things- fishing, camping, hiking, entertaining and BIG dinner parties with a varied mix of friends from all walks. My Dad looks about 10 years younger and they just go from strength to strength. 'Mom's terrific too!

So, if you and your husband to-be, enjoy some of the same hobbies, sports, whatever it may be, this would be a huge plus. If you're in a city, maybe try to find an expatriate group where members are married to people from other cultures and make new connections/friendships.

Last, only 2 things rub me about 'some' of my fellow Canucks-

1) Saying 'eh' after every sentence (may as well say 'duh') STOP IT pulleeasse!

2) Canuck backpackers anywhere- wassup with our flag stitched all over everything you own???

We Canadians are 'quietly' proud, no need to be LOUD (n'est ce pas?)

Good luck to you both!

Daniel

We want to open an import export company together for Thai products.

I guess I am also trying to ask you about marring a Canada man my family here and his in Canada have accepted me and also my family has accepted him as my future husband, we have talked to my family and they approved.

What is your opinion on these issues.

What Thai products are you thinking about?

Moving to Canada will be a big step up and a big adjustment for you. I am thinking of moving there also.

may be, but from the americans the main differences are:

1) they are mostly fit (while US are fat)

2) they do have sense of humor

3) better educated, more polite

4) much smarter: they got the best of US living with the best of european style

5) they love the nature instead of Hamburgers

6) they live in a wonderful unspoiled country

7) they do not have Bush nor Kerry

8) They don't smoke Marlboro

9) they don't like McDonald

10) more family oriented (US like to divorce and feed lawyers)

11) no money oriented or money slaves

12) Tipping is less mandatory than US

13) they play many sports (not just watching sport on TV like US do)

14) Toronto is wonderful, Montreal fascinating

15) Real Estate and cost of life is still OK

16) open minded for a stranger (like you)

17) they dress more elegant and do take more care of themselves

18) they are good skyers

19) food with french, italian and asian influence

20) they live in peace without willing to rule the world

Duke,

I knew it was nice up there but shit, that is a clean sweep!!

What is a skyer?

I am comenting to the american, I asked my husband about your comment and he said there is good and bad in all cultures. He did express that americans if they think they are so great why the ###### do the then were Canadian flags on there bavk packs when they travel. Because Canadians are respected anmericans are not. He also said that Canada people and lots of americans are very good friends and can set aside the bullshit from the goverments of the countries. These are the people who count. And as to US people(few) bush has turned much of the world against U. And if you cant see it you are vey stupid.

To tell you my husband is from Ottawa, he said it is a very cold ciy in winter but beautiful inj the summer.

I am very happy with him and he does treat me with respect.

Thanks for the web sites to canada I am looking at them now.

Does anybody else know of Thai peope in CAnada, and if so can you tell me some of there experiences. Do they like it or not.

Thanks

Swamper

Swamper, Listen your husband is just trying to paint Canada as a rosy place

because he is trying to get you over there. The truth is any Canadien would

jump at the chance of trying to get into the US. Look how they all live close huddled next

to the US border. They love the US and Bush.

Wait til you see how much the Canadien government taxes their people! HUGE!

And the healthcare there is questionable

I took my Thai wife to Canada and she said she likes the US much better.

regards

Nam

jeeeeeez nam.

does that mean that all canucks are sitting at the border each day trying to get into the 'good ol usa'.

are you not being a bit mean not letting them over to enjoy all that excess of space,freedom and the good old american way....

i do remember a film about 10 years or so ago about the americans invading canada during a presidently crises (it was a comedy with dan ackroyd i think) so wat with the kerry bush race maybe the canucks have something to worry about now.

long live canada (except maybe the french bit, cos us english dont really get on with the french.mind you the french only seem to get on with the germans so thats saying something)

allan :o

jeeeeeez nam.

does that mean that all canucks are sitting at the border each day trying to get into the 'good ol usa'.

are you not being a bit mean not letting them over to enjoy all that excess of space,freedom and the good old american way....

i do remember a film about 10 years or so ago about the americans invading canada during a presidently crises (it was a comedy with dan ackroyd i think) so wat with the kerry bush race maybe the canucks have something to worry about now.

long live canada (except maybe the french bit, cos us english dont really get on with the french.mind you the french only seem to get on with the germans so thats saying something)

allan :D

Ahum.. :o

I am French-Canadian. We are as different from the French as any english speaking north-americans are different from Brits or Aussies etc

French-Canadians have nothing to do with the French nowadays...France sent many settlers after Jacques Cartier found Montreal (Hochelaga) in 1534. We now say we are distant cousins and have a good ally in France. French(speaking)-Canadians are scattered throughout Canada but most are living in the province of Quebec. There are approximately 5,7 millions francophones in Quebec ... 5 % of the Canadian Population. There are also many in Ontario and the Maritimes.

. We must be careful when speaking with French people as our accent is quite strong and uses many old pronounciations. Many of our expressions are still used by the remaining people who speak french in Louisiana. Yes Louisiana, U.S.A. (One thing the American govt. seemed to have forgotten when bashing the French was that a big part of the U.S was French a while ago, part of it`s history...along the east coast. You`ll find many french names on U.S. maps, Grand Tetons, Baton Rouge. And when it is remembered that the French Canadians were early settlers in the northern part of the State of New York, that they were, practically, the first settlers of the State of Maine, and had found their way into Vermont as early as 1830; that French Canadians were the pioneers of the Western States, where they founded, or assisted in founding, great cities like Chicago, St. Louis, St. Paul, Dubuque, Milwaukee, and Detroit and many more. President Jacques Chirac was also the first to visit the U.S., showing support after 9/11.

Nuff history.. Class dismissed!

Alain, odd huh?

one thing you might consider is the cold weather,, many thai 's I know here in canada have a big problem with the extreame winters,,also you may want to tell people your malaysia or from singapore,as the news media unfortunately has made thailand the land of whores and aids.