Maring Canadian Man. Like Your Opinion

also you may want to tell people your malaysia or from singapore,as the news media unfortunately has made thailand the land of whores and aids.

Tseuh!

Where are you from?

We could tell you where to say you`re from depending on what we`ve "heard" about your country as well... :o

My wife gets chills on the motorcycle in the evening when I could ride a few 100 km's in the nud_e without a goosebump. I would never consider living with her back in Canada shhe would not enjoy it at all except the short 3 month summer.

The last few years we've seen periods on -45 Celsius in January and February... I just hate the cold and snow... We will visit during winter time later on so she can see what it really is.

Swamper, Listen your husband is just trying to paint Canada as a rosy place

because he is trying to get you over there. The truth is any Canadien would

jump at the chance of trying to get into the US.

I am not so sure about that, Canadians are welcome in the US anytime... NO VISA!!!

But certainly any Thai would pay dearly to just set foot in The USA!

President Jacques Chirac was also the first to visit the U.S., showing support after 9/11.

That's nothing to boast about. He was after international glory and nothing else. The frogs don't give a shit about the US, which is something everyone knows back across The Pond. Anywhere Anglophone really pisses them off and the US is largely Anglophone, along with Canada. Probably a good reason why the Quebecois aren't frogs and the frogs don't really have a lot of time for them.

The truth is any Canadien would

jump at the chance of trying to get into the US. Look how they all live close huddled next

to the US border. They love the US and Bush.

Nam,

poor guy Geography is not your best!!!

You're probably confusing Canada with Mexico.

bad bad boy, may be your wife prefers USA because the girls in USA are FAT PIGS (so no competition), while in Canada you can get too many temptations ..... :o

Swamper, Listen your husband is just trying to paint Canada as a rosy place

because he is trying to get you over there. The truth is any Canadien would

jump at the chance of trying to get into the US. Look how they all live close huddled next

to the US border. They love the US and Bush.

Wait til you see how much the Canadien government taxes their people! HUGE!

And the healthcare there is questionable

I took my Thai wife to Canada and she said she likes the US much better.

regards

Nam

You got to get that brain syphillis treated. Your madness is showing.

The U.S. protects us from who?

The majority of Canadians live along the border because the climate is less harsh and the lands more productive.

High taxes yes. The highest standard of living in the world yes. I'd pay for that.

Questionable health care? All CDNs have open access to cutting edge and free health care. 45 million Americans are without medical insurance.

Why such harsh words for Canada Nam Kao? Envious?

Swamper, I think the best thing is to go to Canada for a visit first, to see if you like it and if could live there for the rest of your days. It may be very exciting and new and different for you at first, but will you be homesick and miss your family? Can you cope with months of cold weather? Ottawa isn't the most exciting place in the world, in common with many 'government' cities, and pretty bleak in winter. Go and see for yourself, but don't commit yourself fully first.

penzman apologies to your self and all the other nice,happy french speaking canadian's.

i must admit after speaking to my brother who took courses in canada with the british army he did say most near every one he met was great..including the french speakers..........

so there you go every one in canada is great,and if the weather was warmer all year round perhaps we would be going there instaed of thailand

allan (spelt like this because my mum is scottish and my dad was english so the best of both ...........me)

Penzman,,I don't get it ,,, your agreeing it's cold(I don't believe you've ever been in -45 unless your near the artic,,,and just ask 10 canadians what they think of thailand,,,there have been so many T.V specials about all the problems their ,the only positive lights are thrown in the travel sections of newspaper ,,,,and yes your right it's very difficult for a thai to go to canada,,,, thank god!!! :o:D

Swamper,

You still there? Or have you been turned off by the silly cross-border mudslinging?

The thing about Canadians and Americans is that in person they are sweet to each other, but in forums they start clawing each other's eyes out. It's childish. Lonely Planet used to have a North America travel forum, but they had to separate Canada and the US into separate forums because all the carping made serious travel enquiries impossible.

Some parts of Canada are very cold, some are not. I don't think you said where you are going to be, but if it's Winnipeg :o (my hometown) you will have lots of interesting stories for friends back in Thailand when it gets down to -40 (where Fahrenheit and Celcius meet) for days on end and they have to plug in their cars to keep the oil from freezing! But friends gather in someone's home, it's cozier, sexier, which someone who has never lived there can't understand.

I don't think there is anyplace more wonderful than Thailand, but I hope you will be very happy and your dreams all come true. And I think your English is great!!

Another Canada man

Penzman,,I don't get it ,,, your agreeing it's cold(I don't believe you've ever been in -45 unless your near the artic,,,and just ask 10 canadians what they think of thailand,,,there have been so many T.V specials about all the problems their ,the only positive lights are thrown in the travel sections of newspaper ,,,,and yes your right it's very difficult for a thai to go to canada,,,, thank god!!! :D:D

-45?

Ok then. Here`s another one, up north in James Bay, caribou hunting in February , -71 with the windchill factor, CBC news was broadcasting the weather up there. My winter coat sounded like crumpling paper when moving around, 3 trucks out of 4 had the engines seized because the oil was too thick for them to start. One morning I woke up with my sleeping bag frozen to the wall of the cottage because of condensation and frost on the wall. Cases of beer froze in there if left on the floor even though we had a wood stove for heating up the place. Spend 11 days with my boots on. Crapper was outside, no reading the newspaper or old reader`s digest there!

You can actually hear nails snap inside the walls at those temperatures as the wood shrinks...

The closest I get to it now is when I open the freezer door for ice cubes :o

-71 with the windchill factor

Bit cold then. :o

The lowest temperature I can recall in England was -27C(-16F) in Liphook which was just five miles away from where I lived, back in 81 (or was it 82?). The weatherman admitted he'd needed to have a new temperature disc made up to show that.

• 2 weeks later...
-71 with the windchill factor

Bit cold then. :o

The lowest temperature I can recall in England was -27C(-16F) in Liphook which was just five miles away from where I lived, back in 81 (or was it 82?). The weatherman admitted he'd needed to have a new temperature disc made up to show that.

Dickie!I am from Hants Waterlooville,You're not from Petersfield ae you?My blood family still live in Portsmouth.

As to the thread,I went to Canada in 88,Lovely place and lots of ice cream parlours around the place :D ,Stayed in Sudbury and Toronto for a lovely month.

Swamper, Canada has many people from hot countries that have made the changes that living in a cold country call for. There are Thai people in most Canadian cities--even some of the smallest ones. They live with the winters and if you give it 3 years you will see that you can do so too. Be patient. Some folks here in Thai Visa talk about the difference between the people in the US and in Canada. Yes, there are some. Example: most Americans are people with a car and house payment trying to keep their kids off of drugs......and Canadians? Well, same same.

Many Canadians---who can not name 4 Canadian artic islands---get upset at the poor education that Americans get in the geography of Canada.

There are very nice peole in both countries and you will find that it does not matter to most folks where you come from. If you are a decent person they will accept you as one of them. Really, Canada and most parts of the US are the only countries left in the world that will not judge you on where you are from or what your race or ethnic background is.

The difference between the english speaking people in both countries is hard to find. I have citizenship in both countries and after years in both countries I think that a smile takes you where you want to go on both sides of the border. As a Thai you will be well equipped. :o Cheers

Argentinian and I were once teasing some girls. He said "We Americans have to stick together."

Never thought of "American" that way. But he was right.

Menostay said:

Many Canadians---who can not name 4 Canadian artic islands---get upset at the poor education that Americans get in the geography of Canada.

I think that's true, Canadians know a lot about the States because of the power of their media and pop culture.

But sometimes it's hard not to be smug. American in Calif once looked at my licence plate and asked: "Ma-nee-toe-ba. Where's that?"

I said: "Well, it borders the United States and is twice the size of Texas."

It's not twice the size of Texas, but I felt very full of myself. :o

One word of warning don't make the mistake i made and call them Americans,As i did referring to North Americans,Boy did they lose it bigtime :o

I just hate it!

As GWB loves to say so often "Here in Amairkuh"...

As if the U.S. only is "Amairkuh".

USA = U-n-i-t-e-d- s-t-a-t-e-s OF America ...the continent

I think that's true, Canadians know a lot about the States because of the power of their media and pop culture.

But sometimes it's hard not to be smug. American in Calif once looked at my licence plate and asked: "Ma-nee-toe-ba. Where's that?"

I said: "Well, it borders the United States and is twice the size of Texas."

It's not twice the size of Texas, but I felt very full of myself. :D

Well i think Bryan Adams music is great,and i would rather have Banff and Lake Louise anyday than the Grand Canyon, But what would i know i am only a Brit,

Ps I thought the Quebec French were often rude,When i would ask them in English then they say i cannot speak English,A canadian told me they will ignore you if you don't speak to them in French :o

But what would i know i am only a Brit,

Ps I thought the Quebec French were often rude,When i would ask them in English then they say i cannot speak English,A canadian told me they will ignore you if you don't speak to them in French :o

Your beautiful British accent may have been a bit of a barrier for some.

The Canadian who told you they would ignore you if you if you spoke to them in English would probably do the same if you spoke to him in French... or Spanish or...