Thai Baht To The Uk -best Route?

Ok, Ok, I'll do it!

You can legally take out of Thailand as much money as you brought into the country as long as you declared the funds at the point or arrival and keep the associated documentation.

If you telex (or wire) money into the country the purpose of the transfer must be declared to your bank. Funds that were used to buy real estate may be transmitted out again as long as you have the inbound documentation and associated certificate, and have paid tax on the real estate sale and have the evidence from the Land Office.

You may (electronic) transfer up to an equivalent of USD $20,000 overseas in foreign currency without BOT approvals. In practice you are able to do this many times using the same and different banks until the amount required has been repatriated.

You can go to Bangkok Bank (larger offices) and buy a USD or Sterling cashiers check from them drawn on their US or UK bank and this can be DHL'd to the US/UK and deposited in your home bank - clearing time is three days.

Finally, if desperate, you can go to Super Rich money exchange in Bangkok (opposite World Trade Center) with bags of cash and get the best deal in town on the exchange rate but be aware of the opening point.

In practice a combination of all of the above works well along with some time and patience.

Finally, if non of the above suits then find a friendly and trustworthy Thai and ask them to transfer the money for you since transfer restrictions on locals are more liberal.

Ok, Ok, I'll do it!

You can legally take out of Thailand as much money as you brought into the country as long as you declared the funds at the point or arrival and keep the associated documentation.

If you telex (or wire) money into the country the purpose of the transfer must be declared to your bank. Funds that were used to buy real estate may be transmitted out again as long as you have the inbound documentation and associated certificate, and have paid tax on the real estate sale and have the evidence from the Land Office.

You may (electronic) transfer up to an equivalent of USD $20,000 overseas in foreign currency without BOT approvals. In practice you are able to do this many times using the same and different banks until the amount required has been repatriated.

You can go to Bangkok Bank (larger offices) and buy a USD or Sterling cashiers check from them drawn on their US or UK bank and this can be DHL'd to the US/UK and deposited in your home bank - clearing time is three days.

Finally, if desperate, you can go to Super Rich money exchange in Bangkok (opposite World Trade Center) with bags of cash and get the best deal in town on the exchange rate but be aware of the opening point.

In practice a combination of all of the above works well along with some time and patience.

Finally, if non of the above suits then find a friendly and trustworthy Thai and ask them to transfer the money for you since transfer restrictions on locals are more liberal.

Ta!

Oh my! Someone who has made money in Thailand :o

That does not happen to often. Care to share?

Richard

That is a very negative thing to say, if you never have hope my freind then just spend your money there dont try and make any yourself, make the people rich you spend it with. :D

Richard

That is a very negative thing to say, if you never have hope my freind then just spend your money there dont try and make any yourself, make the people rich you spend it with. :D

Your words have inspired me. There's this bar for sale................ :D

Richard

Richard

Easy peasy - buy something and then sell it for more than you paid in the first place, it's not difficult.

Now, now- you have given away the secret. :D