New Passport

Greetings,

I will pick up my brand new, very expensive, biometric UK passport, on Friday.

I currently have a Non-O Multiple entry visa.

My question is this. Can I simply take my old and new passports and do a land border visa run?

Will the border officials transfer my visa details into my new passport, after all everything

is computerized nowadays, even the border posts.

I know you can transfer everything painlessly at Suan Plu Immigration in Bangkok, and I've

even read you can have it done at the airport, but I don't know about land borders.

Are they equipped to transfer info at the Cambodian border?

Thanks

Only extensions of stay and current entry stamps can be transferred from an old passport. Any valid visa in the old passport will require that it be presented along with the new passport.

I would have Immigration HQS do the transfer and avoid a possiable situation at a border post.

If you want to preserve your current non o multiple visa then I would think that you have Immigration transfer that information over to the new passport while INSIDE THAILAND with current entry/exit stamps in your old (existing) passport.

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I meant was having it transfered by the Thai immigration in Thailand at the Cambodian border.

Only extensions of stay and current entry stamps can be transferred from an old passport. Any valid visa in the old passport will require that it be presented along with the new passport.

I would have Immigration HQS do the transfer and avoid a possiable situation at a border post.

Thanks for the info. Point well taken. I will need to present both passports when using my old visa.

The reason I was thinking about the border run was that my visa's 90 days are up on Monday and

I wanted to get it done before then. Didn't want to rush down Suan Plu on Friday afternoon and it's closed

at the weekend, so I was looking for an alternative.

My partner took his new passport and his old passport with his Non-Imm B visa and there were no problems at the border with Cambodia and I have also done the same with my Non-Imm O. Both British

Thanks for the post.

Did you and your partner have all the visa entry/exit stamps from the old passport transfered at Bangkok Immigration first,

or did they do this for you at the border.