Where To Live In Chiang Rai Province?

Colonel_Mustard

I'm coming up to Chiang Rai next week to have a look round for some land for sale for building a residential property and would welcome any suggestions on areas of the province that might suit my needs.

Basically I would not to like to live in the city but wouldn't want to me much more that 30-40 mins away by car. Other considerations are proximity to a golf course (preferably not more than 30 mins), nice views and not land that is typically flooded in the rainy season.

I would be grateful for any pointers on likely areas in which to start my search.

I'm coming up to Chiang Rai next week to have a look round for some land for sale for building a residential property and would welcome any suggestions on areas of the province that might suit my needs.

Basically I would not to like to live in the city but wouldn't want to me much more that 30-40 mins away by car. Other considerations are proximity to a golf course (preferably not more than 30 mins), nice views and not land that is typically flooded in the rainy season.

I would be grateful for any pointers on likely areas in which to start my search.

hello colonel

i think you should give more details of exactly what you are looking for, if you are coming to chaingrai for the first time next week then take your time looking around, do you want to buy a house plot,or one rai or ten rai,the two best golf courses i am told are santiburi were i believe you can buy land and its close to town and waterford thats less than 45 minutes by car.

i would say that most expats who live in a village on the outskirts of chaingrai are happy with what they have bought,you can build a house with land in chaingrai for less than one million bhat or if you want you can spend 10 million plus.

im sure there is plenty of land in chaingrai with nice views that you could build a house to your liking

Thanks for the reply soap.

Yes, we will take our time looking around but was just after a few ideas of where would be good areas to start. I don't really know most of the province (although I have spent time in the city) and so don't know whether to look north, south, east or west of the city. I don't know which areas flood regularly etc, so just after a few pointers on recommended areas of the province in which to start looking.

We're just looking for land only and anything between 2 and 10 rai would be ok.