Bangkok Mail Order

LivinLOS

Looking to order some parts and BKK prices are much better.

Anyone have a favorite store, doesnt need a web interface just someone who can deal in english even by email.

Take a look at: jib.co.th

The ste is in Thai but most of the product description in english and the prices the same as in the shop.

Cheers.

Thanni.com is ok, order there all my pc parts. Annoyance is that you have to pay by bank, it takes so much time.

Today I had to pay at the bangkok bank for another supplier, drive 16 km and back, wait in the cue and pay 600 baht for a part that cannot be bought in Phuket.

Well Thanni scoreing low marks so far...

Order.. Send money by bank.. Then AFTER they have my money and 48 hours after order.. Some of its not in stock (simple bits too.. Processor which they must sell volumes of)..

Why dont they check that before they get money wired to them !!!

Thanni.com is ok, order there all my pc parts. Annoyance is that you have to pay by bank, it takes so much time.

Today I had to pay at the bangkok bank for another supplier, drive 16 km and back, wait in the cue and pay 600 baht for a part that cannot be bought in Phuket.

U know you can do this in any ATM? :o

Order.. Send money by bank.. Then AFTER they have my money and 48 hours after order.. Some of its not in stock (simple bits too.. Processor which they must sell volumes of)..

There are occasional issues, i'm afraid...like their "1-2 day delivery by messenger", normally it's about 3-4 days, but such is life...i'm sure your stuff will arrive, just slightly delayed.

Any ATM?, tried that a few times (long time ago) without success if the ATM is from another Bank.

Anyway I use only my Euro ATM card account here, dropped my Thai Bank Account's as worthless.

For ordering parts online, email or better call them before payment to check if they have things in stock or not.

Waited weeks last December for a SDRAM module, learned my lesson.

There are occasional issues, i'm afraid...like their "1-2 day delivery by messenger", normally it's about 3-4 days, but such is life...i'm sure your stuff will arrive, just slightly delayed.

Well dont know.. They sent a email in Thai script that says the motherboard and processor (3ghz coreduo I mean hardly an unusual item) is out of stock and I think it says they dont have any idea when it will be in stock.

Now its day 3 from order and they have had money for 2 full days. Thier email response time is a full 24h for each thing..

Any ATM?, tried that a few times (long time ago) without success if the ATM is from another Bank.

Anyway I use only my Euro ATM card account here, dropped my Thai Bank Account's as worthless.

For ordering parts online, email or better call them before payment to check if they have things in stock or not.

Waited weeks last December for a SDRAM module, learned my lesson.

Yeah any ATM for Thai bank cards.. Actually very easy to pay bills and things here IMO.

Any emails for jib.co.th that work.. The ones I found on thier site all bounce !!!

Still need a E6850 at a sensible price.. Might just get the rest and buy that locally.. Only going to add 500 baht or so.. Would just have been easier to get the whole lot in one box.

OK one week later.. still missing a Processor..

Locals and Thanni both claimed they would have an E8400 for me this last weekend.. Both let me down. The new core seemed worth waiting for and cheaper than the E6850.

Anyone know anywhere with an E8400 processor ??

Everything else arrived.

You need a Thai ATM card. Then it's easy. Thanni isn't so good about handling this, they have a bit of a mess there.

I paid them via ATM, then sent a Reply email from my phone which quoted the order email, and told them I'd paid.

Two days later they sent me back an email asking for the order number and the amount paid. I am like... uhhh... that's all in the reply that I sent, why you want it again??

Shop4Thai.com has much better service. They have a phone number, and when I ordered some wireless antennas from them they actually asked me if I needed antenna cables and plugs and which ones etc. This isn't standardized so I found it impressive they'd ask, and they actually shipped me some parts that I needed but that weren't on the website. Excellent, 5-star service.

The website is somewhat crappy though, seems like the simple-yet-working concept that Thanni.com uses hasn't made the rounds. I mean... shop4thai.com looks like somebody who's never done a website before just cobbled it up over the weekend.

As for prices - you need to compare. I found some stuff on Thanni overpriced, whereas other things were very cheap. Example the WD250GB notebook drive costs just over 5000 Baht at hardware house intl, and 6880 at Thanni.

Shop4Thai is overpriced and they have a way too extensive list, i'm sure many of their products have not been in stock for years (with very out of date prices, too). On the plus side, they take AMEX.

My one experience with them was very negative...I bought a hard-disk, it could not be formatted from Day 1, their messenger took it back and then they said I had dropped it and chipped a corner, so no warranty whatsoever. I had done nothing of the sort, must have been their bloody messenger. It's just one experience, but definitely never buying from them again...

Shop4Thai is overpriced and they have a way too extensive list, i'm sure many of their products have not been in stock for years (with very out of date prices, too). On the plus side, they take AMEX.

Their website is just crap. I did like the availability by phone though.

Tx for sharing the negative experience too, good to know. Typical Thai though... better not have something break.

In fact this would be a case for paying with a credit card. I have done this before, when the shop didn't want to co-operate, I just took the charge off the card. It's a bit of a hassle but in the end it's the dealer who is out of money rather than you, and the dealer who must take action to get the money from you. And they won't bother, especially when they know they were wrong. Only as a last resort of course.

Has anyone got a contact number for Thanni? Its a pain int he a$ waiting 24/48hrs for responses to emails.

No such number exists, we all have to wait, I'm afraid...but they do reply, I even got an EMS tracking number after a particularly inflammatory message sent to them :o

Has anyone got a contact number for Thanni? Its a pain int he a$ waiting 24/48hrs for responses to emails.

No such number exists, we all have to wait, I'm afraid...but they do reply, I even got an EMS tracking number after a particularly inflammatory message sent to them :o

Their customer service stinks.. I will not be ordering from them again.. It would have been quicker and easier to goto PanTip, there only any good for people outside bangkok imo.