Bomb At Rawi Beach Road?

Robinsons

My guess would be: one of those stories that comes up because all traffic was halted at the Chalong circle this morning, because of the visit of some prince. Then of course people are looking for explanations, and come with some other stories.

I seriously doubt this is true. If so, maybe the neighbour wanting to expand?

:o

My GF told me,today in the Morning Time Police has found a sharp Bomb nearly Mama Klong Seafood at the Rawai Beach Road!

Anybody knows some more Details?

Robinsons

The direct Informant to her was an Policeman nearby the Scene.

Police has closed the Traffic at the Rawai Beach Road,so she has asked the next Policeman nearby.

Many other Thai People told the same.

:o

My GF told me,today in the Morning Time Police has found a sharp Bomb nearly Mama Klong Seafood at the Rawai Beach Road!

Anybody knows some more Details?

Robinsons

The direct Informant to her was an Policeman nearby the Scene.

Police has closed the Traffic at the Rawai Beach Road,so she has asked the next Policeman nearby.

Many other Thai People told the same.

I had a phone call about 2 hours ago from a friend saying she heard about a bomb in Rawai also.

I checked thai visa at the time and didn't see anything, and didn't go explore although i do live in Rawai.

This is not good news. Please update if you get any further information. I live in Rawai and go down to the beach road area fairly frequently. :o

Later at 6Pm i will go to M&M Pizzeria(nearby Mama Klong Seafood) at the Rawai Beach Road for pickup 2 Pizzas.

So i will ask the Owner Maggie and Mario if they have heard anything about the Bomb.

Will Posting later again.

This is not good news. Please update if you get any further information. I live in Rawai and go down to the beach road area fairly frequently. :o

Later at 6Pm i will go to M&M Pizzeria(nearby Mama Klong Seafood) at the Rawai Beach Road for pickup 2 Pizzas.

So i will ask the Owner Maggie and Mario if they have heard anything about the Bomb.

I think its True!

A Employee from M&Ms Pizzeria who lives nextdoor told me a Special Police Unit from Pattani worked at the Bomb from 9Am to 1Pm.

The Bomb was located directly near the Blue Frog Bar(Direction to the Mainroad) which is between M&Ms Pizzeria and Mama Klongs Sea Food.

Mario know only the same as the Employee told him,because he lives far away.

By M&Ms Pizzeria was Business as usual,Blue Frog Bar was closed.

This Situation makes me personally very sad!

Robinsons

I think its True!

A Employee from M&Ms Pizzeria who lives nextdoor told me a Special Police Unit from Pattani worked at the Bomb from 9Am to 1Pm.

The Bomb was located directly near the Blue Frog Bar(Direction to the Mainroad) which is between M&Ms Pizzeria and Mama Klongs Sea Food.

Robinsons

Crap, that's some scary stuff. I drove by there at 3:00 today, didn't notice anything unusual, nikita bar full, but that doesn't mean something didn't happen.

I think its True!

Robinsons

Crap, that's some scary stuff. I drove by there at 3:00 today, didn't notice anything unusual, nikita bar full, but that doesn't mean something didn't happen.

At 3Pm the Police Work was already finished and the Rawai Beach Road open!

You must read the postings correct!

I think its True!

Robinsons

Crap, that's some scary stuff. I drove by there at 3:00 today, didn't notice anything unusual, nikita bar full, but that doesn't mean something didn't happen.

At 3Pm the Police Work was already finished and the Rawai Beach Road open!

You must read the postings correct!

I did read it correctly thanks. I was giving an overview of the situation and how everything had returned to normal by 3.

It seems it was a bomb scare that was a false alarm, nothing there.

I live in Rawai and saw the road cordened off, good practice. However I would be interested as an ex professional what other precautions were put in place.

Was the area evacuated for 200m? Where fire appliances attending 400m away? there are others but they are the two main sop for a bomb scare.

Just FYI those that were rubber necking on the outer cordon, if it was a bomb you would either be dead or cut really badly now, if you hear of a problem like this it isn't part of the holiday it is time to f off as far as possible. If you want the techy reason I can tell you and give you graphic pics of the back wind of a bomb.

Not another Thai bashing but I am interested, if the southern problem moves up here and I pray it don't I can supply valuable info from my time in the troubles in the UK

I was told the same yesterday evening by a good Thai friend, that they found a bomb near the Seafood restaurant at Raawai beach yesterday morning and that there was a lot of Police who got to it before it could go off. No more details and doesn't seem like many people want it in the news.

I was told that there was a bomb blast in 711 .rushed down, sneaked through cordon to 711 nothing asked bomb?nothing from staff sneaked out along to thai resturaunt opposite two fire trucks beach side .Police taking particular care to keep foreigners out of area was told by staff ."have boom boom ? next door [but one or two] bomb? gun? ? police were very good at getting people away and area cordoned off ambulance was directed round another soi .Asked police bomb? No accident .you move now time approx 1130 boom boom berfore ? possibly two hours went through area later on and it was clear. many people just stood talking . should think there is a correct story by now from locals

as media person was originaly told 711 bombed thank goodness not true yaimar

HI

She look nice with that beard. :o

OOOh, I do apologise, I'd been told that his wife, the one with the blonde behive, who bears his full title was the one visiting.

As for Southern insurgents, it's far more likely to have been a 'business dispute', such are the way they're dealt with here. :D

HI

She look nice with that beard. :o

OOOh, I do apologise, I'd been told that his wife, the one with the blonde behive, who bears his full title was the one visiting.

As for Southern insurgents, it's far more likely to have been a 'business dispute', such are the way they're dealt with here. :D

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bomb scare in Rawai

RAWAI: Chalong Police closed the road along the Rawai beachfront at midday yesterday for about 30 minutes while bomb squad officers attended to a suspicious package left on the footpath opposite the Mama Klong restaurant.

After local villagers reported the package to police, officers taped off a “safe zone” before moving in to disarm the suspected bomb.

The incident caused much commotion and concern among local business owners and visitors at the southern beach.

Chalong Police Superintendent Col Samarn Chainarong told the Gazette today that “It was not a real bomb. It was nothing but plastic; it didn’t even have a locking pin.”

However, Col Saman declined to describe the “fake bomb” in detail, leaving doubt about what exactly had caused such a reaction.

“I must ask the media not to show this news because it’s not good… Although it’s not a real bomb... please don’t create a scare,” Col Samarn said.

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Gen Decha Budnampetch this morning reported the incident to Phuket Governor Niran Kalayanamit at the Provincial Security Committee meeting at the Katina Hotel.

“The police checked the package and found that it looked like a bomb, but it was not a real bomb,” Gen Decha reported.

Governor Niran acknowledged the report and responded, “Please help to take care of security because we are a tourism province and tourism is very sensitive to this kind of news.”

HI

She look nice with that beard. :D

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bomb scare in Rawai

RAWAI: Chalong Police closed the road along the Rawai beachfront at midday yesterday for about 30 minutes while bomb squad officers attended to a suspicious package left on the footpath opposite the Mama Klong restaurant.

After local villagers reported the package to police, officers taped off a "safe zone" before moving in to disarm the suspected bomb.

The incident caused much commotion and concern among local business owners and visitors at the southern beach.

Chalong Police Superintendent Col Samarn Chainarong told the Gazette today that "It was not a real bomb. It was nothing but plastic; it didn't even have a locking pin."

However, Col Saman declined to describe the "fake bomb" in detail, leaving doubt about what exactly had caused such a reaction.

"I must ask the media not to show this news because it's not good… Although it's not a real bomb... please don't create a scare," Col Samarn said.

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Gen Decha Budnampetch this morning reported the incident to Phuket Governor Niran Kalayanamit at the Provincial Security Committee meeting at the Katina Hotel.

"The police checked the package and found that it looked like a bomb, but it was not a real bomb," Gen Decha reported.

Governor Niran acknowledged the report and responded, "Please help to take care of security because we are a tourism province and tourism is very sensitive to this kind of news."

:D So it seems that a family of Thais left the remains of there picnic behind.

Lessons to be learnt here, don’t you think?.... :o