Going To Koh Phi Phi....

davejonesbkk

Im planning on going to Phi Phi and was planning on taking the 10.40 am flight to Krabi that arrives at 12pm (Air Asia) and then go to the pier and take the ferry at 2.30 pm to Phi Phi. My gf says that we should fly to Phuket as Krabi airport is far from the Krabi pier. I just had a look at a map of Phuket and the airport is on the north side of the island but the pier to Phi Phi is right at the other end in the south east. So which is closest to its respective pier?

Has anybody taken this flight to Krabi and then made it to the pier ok?

Please help me settle this little dispute! :o

David

Edited by davejonesbkk

Im planning on going to Phi Phi and was planning on taking the 10.40 am flight to Krabi that arrives at 12pm (Air Asia) and then go to the pier and take the ferry at 2.30 pm to Phi Phi. My gf says that we should fly to Phuket as Krabi airport is far from the Krabi pier. I just had a look at a map of Phuket and the airport is on the north side of the island but the pier to Phi Phi is right at the other end in the south east. So which is closest to its respective pier?

David

Time wise, it would be quicker to drive from Krabi airport to the pier than Phuket airport to the pier. Traffic, distance, and all.

2 hours of waiting at the pier seems a little excessive though.

Good luck!

JL

after you complete all airport formalities and are in the cab...it would take about 45 minutes to get to the Chalong Pier in Phuket (assuming you boat/ferry is leaving from there).

hopefully someone has time for trip from Krabi airport to Krabi pier...I seem to recall drive from airport to Ao Nang Krabi at about 20-30 mins but its been a few years so I could be wrong.

So why are you going to Phi Phi?

It is just a harbour where hundreds of tourists arrive every 10 minute. You cannot find a decent beach but maybe 50 restaurants, 30 diveshops and another 200 shops for diverse.

After 2 hours you want to take the boat to another place asap.

Go somewhere else! Anything is better than Phi Phi!

:o:D:D

So why are you going to Phi Phi?

It is just a harbour where hundreds of tourists arrive every 10 minute. You cannot find a decent beach but maybe 50 restaurants, 30 diveshops and another 200 shops for diverse.

After 2 hours you want to take the boat to another place asap.

Go somewhere else! Anything is better than Phi Phi!

:o:D:D

That's completely not true!! If you're stupid enough to stay right next to the pier and not expect lots of noise and people, tough luck! There are many other beaches, such as Laem Thong, which are STUNNING. Overpriced hotels & restaurants, yes...but the beaches are well worth it, imo.

David

LaoPo

Ok thanks everyone!

I've heard that Phi Phi can be quite busy but I promised the gf we would go there and she will sulk like an eight year old if I dont take her.

Another thing, I need internet whilst I'm there to check my work emails, I'd prefer wireless so I found this place http://www.phiphivillaresort.com/index.htm

but 3k a night is a tad pricey for me anyone know another place with wireless?