Baby Born In Thailand

If a baby if born in Thailand and the parents are not Thai...whats happens?

The parents will receive a birth certificate, but the child is not Thai.

It is then up to the parents to go and register the child with the embassy of the country(s) which the parents are citizens of to register a child of that nation. The child is permitted to stay in Thailand, as children under 7years (or is it 14?) are allowed to remain here and not be charged/penalised for overstay.

What nationality are the parents?

Not that it applies to me but is there no dispensation for a child of non Thai parents attracting some Thai nationality benefits, even if just visa status, due to being born in Thailand ?

I mean, taking an extreme example, the whole family lives here and then at age 18 or age of majority, the parents die. Is the child then forced to apply for visas and leave if it does not satisfy the normal conditions, going to a country which it has never been to etc. ?

Not that it applies to me but is there no dispensation for a child of non Thai parents attracting some Thai nationality benefits, even if just visa status, due to being born in Thailand ?

I mean, taking an extreme example, the whole family lives here and then at age 18 or age of majority, the parents die. Is the child then forced to apply for visas and leave if it does not satisfy the normal conditions, going to a country which it has never been to etc. ?

There's no dispensation at all.

please show me your source

its extremely importend to me to know/see where in the immigrationlaw 2007/8 that specific topic is mentioned

thanks amillion

hgma

It is then up to the parents to go and register the child with the embassy of the country(s) which the parents are citizens of to register a child of that nation. The child is permitted to stay in Thailand, as children under 7years (or is it 14?) are allowed to remain here and not be charged/penalised for overstay.

What nationality are the parents?

i can second that.

it says 14 years in my sons passport - and he has been in and out of thailand without a visa (or problem) many times.

you should register your child with your embassy and get a passport - how would you leave the country (or come back) without?