Korat Immigration Office Will Be Closed?

dutch

We received to-day the following letter.

Much more appreciation for the petition I would say :o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We received another letter, dated of 18th March 2008.

=========================================

To: All Expatriates

As you were aware from various information sources, The Northeast Immigration Center was to close in early April 2008 and move to Bangkok.

The Northeast Immigration Center would like to inform you that the office is currently operating to all expatriates who live in the Northeast area. No closure of this office is expected in the near future. In addition, we will continue to increase the efficiency of our services to all expatriates. However if there is any consideration as to re-structuring the Immigration Bureau's office, we will present to our superiors the opinions expresses by expatriates along with the statistics of expatriates showing the number expatriates who submit their request for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom at Northeast Immigration Center.

The Northeast Immigration Center would like to thank you all for expressing your concerns for the benefit of appropriate officials.

Yours Truly,

Norhteast Immigration Center.

18 March 18, 2008

unquote

If you read the bold in the letter........please some reaction from the doubters about our initial information.

Edited by dutch

Well done to you and the others Dutch. Whether it had an affect or not. It has helped cement the good relationship we have with our office and officers.

I love that office. They where the ones suggesting I should spank my wife, when she accidently put my pass port trough the washing machine...lol

Seriously, this is good news. Thanks for a job well done! :o

• 4 weeks later...

At the Immigration office Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) you will find the following letter:

(copies free available there to take home)

To:all expatrates

As you were aware from various information sources.The Northeast Immigration Center was to close in early April 2008 and move to Bangkok.

The Northeast Immigration Center would like to inform you that the office is currently operating to all expatriates who live in the northeast area.

No closure of this office is expected in the near future.

In addition we will continue to increase the efficiency of our services to all expatriates.However, if there is any consideration as to re-structuring the Immigration Bureau's Office,we will present to our superiors the opiinions expresses by expatriates along with the statistics of expatriates showing the number of expatriates who submit their request for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom at Northeast Immigration Center.

The Northeast Immigration Center would like to thank you all for expressing your concerns for the benefit of appropriate officials.

Yours Truly

Northeast Immigration Center

31 March 2008

unquote

obviously a polite petition was accepted in a good way :o