Best Way To Get Thai Bride Back To Uk?

Hello there

My friend needs some advice concerning his Thai wife he wants to bring to the UK.

They got married in Thailand recently and have been together for almost six years.

The big problem is they have no proof of being together for all that time apart from some photos. Their apartment was in her name. No official letters were sent to that address, they don't even emails to each other.

He's back in England now and wants to bring her over. I said getting her here on a fiance visa would be easier, but he's already registered the Thai wedding at the British consulate.

What's the best thing for him to do?

Are there still those agencies which 'guarantee' a visa for a little bit extra?

Many thanks

Hello there

My friend needs some advice concerning his Thai wife he wants to bring to the UK.

They got married in Thailand recently and have been together for almost six years.

The big problem is they have no proof of being together for all that time apart from some photos. Their apartment was in her name. No official letters were sent to that address, they don't even emails to each other.

He's back in England now and wants to bring her over. I said getting her here on a fiance visa would be easier, but he's already registered the Thai wedding at the British consulate.

Many thanks

No such thing as a "guaranteed visa" :o

Was he living in Thailand for 6 years?

Surely they must have had some "official" letters sent to that address in 6 years? Electric or gas bill in her/his name? Tax bill? Wage slips? Anything?

They must have stamps in his or her passport for entry in and out of the country? What about credit card bills, paying for hotels, flights etc? It's all proof of contact.

He has to apply for a spouse visa if they got married in an amphur.

If he takes his time and prepare's properly, I can't see a problem.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

By 'guaranteed' I meant those agencies that have contacts inside consulates ...

You're barking up the wrong tree, there.

As for bills and things, unbelievably he has nothing to prove they were living together. Can passport stamps be used to prove that?

They can help. They form a part of the overall picture, so something additional would be required, too.

Scouse.

Hello there

Many thanks

no pictures together with her hair longer now ?

Don't go anywhere near an agency that 'guarantees' a visa (it is impossible and clearly implies illegality). The Embassy are not stupid and if they see an application from a 'less desirable' source it will make them suspicious (rightly so).

Play it straight, be absolutely honest and if you wish to have professional advice take it from a legitimate source. Search this forum for peoples experience and you will get pointed in the right direction.

I never knew 'Thai bride' had any negative connotations attached to it.
Have you any other friends with, ' English Brides', or 'German Brides'? etc, Moss

I used the word 'bride' because he's recently married, as is fairly commonly used, no matter the nationality, no?

Have you any other friends with, ' English Brides', or 'German Brides'? etc, Moss

I used the word 'bride' because he's recently married, as is fairly commonly used, no matter the nationality, no?

Nope, you used the term "Thai Bride" a derogatory term, usually associated with internet brides and well you know it!!

Nope, you used the term "Thai Bride" a derogatory term, usually associated with internet brides and well you know it!!

No I didn't. I think you're being too sensitive.

Lets give somebloke the benefit of the doubt shall we, not everyone knows it is used in a bad way & as he said, she is his new bride & she is thai = thai bride :D

Hope the info given has helped your friends out somebloke, the best bit of advice so far though is.....Don't use an agency as there is no such thing as a guaranteed visa :o

Lets give somebloke the benefit of the doubt shall we, not everyone knows it is used in a bad way & as he said, she is his new bride & she is thai = thai bride :o

He didn't even say "thai bride", he said his friend wanted to bring his "Thai wife" to the UK. If he said that his friend wanted to bring his Australian wife to the UK, would people have a problem with that? He is just stating the nationality of the wife.

He didn't even say "thai bride",

It is stated in the title of the thread.

the best bit of advice so far though is.....Don't use an agency as there is no such thing as a guaranteed visa :o

I agree with this part....

, she is his new bride & she is thai = thai bride :D

On a similar basis you might say, ' she is his new bride and she she is English', = English Bride. I could ask how many times you have heard this statement, as in, ' Hi meet my English Bride'.

However, Somethingorother, I will accept there is no malice in your statement, at this point in time, but in my view, 'Thai Bride', is prejudicial when stated in these terms, no matter of the Literal translation that might exist in terminology.

However, I will pour a Single Malt and Chill.

Moss

Dear Mossy

I said Thai Bride because my friend and I in England. If the situation were reversed and we were in Thailand, then I would have said English Bride. Maybe. Who knows?

I thank you that at this moment in time for your chillin' and not being too anal about such a serious semantical issue as this.

Chon gaew

if he is married legally to his wife ,just get the forms fill them in get her to take all the neccasery documents with her when she applies for a marriage setlement visa ,if the marriage is genuine its a piece of cake .

dont bother with agencys .i know i ran a marriage agency for 8 years :D

dont lie tell the truth ,unless she has been working as a go go dancer all the time they were together :o

Forget about the bullshit stuff Somebloke... concentrate on the facts...

Fact is there is some good information and scouse is a top source..as is the archives.

Bit of reading but good knowledge base.

Anything rational is good evidence mate... put yourself in the interviewers shoes...

Would you believe your application?

...semantical....

What language is that?

Plays Inside Centre For Argentina, I believe.

guys or ladys do we know how much money is need to enter the uk as im trying to get my wife a cross and i know you have to have so much in the bank do we know how much a bout

Now back on topic, which is a shame, there is no specific amount required by Immigration, it is very subjective, you need enough money to show that you will have no recourse to Public Funds, this can vary with each application.

Moss

If the situation were reversed and we were in Thailand, then I would have said English Bride. Maybe. Who knows?

OK Somethingornothing, that does say a lot. :o

Chon gaew

Good Man

Moss

if i had an over dift would that hurt going for the visa at all do you know. my wife think we need a few 1,000 pound and i keep saying we dont can you comform that

There's no requirement to have x amount of money in the bank. Likewise, having an overdraft should not adversely effect the application if you otherwise have the income to service it and support yourselves.

Scouse.