Do You Remember The First Record You Bought ?

Yes, I do, matter-of-fact. At age 16, I bought a 3-record album set of 33-1/3 platters with the full Handel's Messiah. Was rather a precoscious child at the time. Downhill slide all the way ever since, to the point I can't even spell precotious anymore. :o

No, you were a lad of great taste. Especially if it was the set by Huddersfield Choral Society/Liverpool Philharmonic conducted by Sir Malcolm Sargent. At the time the best selling classical LPs ever in the USA. Yes, I'm biased. My Dad was lead bass singer.

You are telepathic. It was exactly that album! Wow, if your dad did any of those bass solos, he was super!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do, matter-of-fact. At age 16, I bought a 3-record album set of 33-1/3 platters with the full Handel's Messiah. Was rather a precoscious child at the time. Downhill slide all the way ever since, to the point I can't even spell precotious anymore. :o

No, you were a lad of great taste. Especially if it was the set by Huddersfield Choral Society/Liverpool Philharmonic conducted by Sir Malcolm Sargent. At the time the best selling classical LPs ever in the USA. Yes, I'm biased. My Dad was lead bass singer.

You are telepathic. It was exactly that album! Wow, if your dad did any of those bass solos, he was super!

That's my favourite version of the Messiah too!

My first music cassette was the original soundtrack of "Flashdance", it was a birthday present. My first bought single was "Mel&Kim" with "Respectable". As a teenager I had a crush for black girls. Can´t remember which one I fancied more.

I don't remember exactly.

My first single might've been 'Dirty Old Man' by the 3 Degrees - talk about a crush on black ladies.

My first album was probably something by Earth, Wind and Fire. Some of my old records, I threw away, some of them are languishing in a dark black cupboard back in my parents' home in Europe right now.

Go here the best song ever recorded: http://youtube.com/watch?v=1KnTAdfdcWI

This is on the first L.P. I bought with the wage from my part-time job. Deep Puple In Rock had it's grooves worn out on my parent's stereogram.

First single was "One Way Love" by Cliff Bennet and the Rebel Rousers in about '65.

I still have them both. :D

Fantastic that you have them both now still, i expect others like myelf wish we had kept ours,collectors items for sure ! :o

I bought Ronald Regans record.

And was convinced by St. Margaret Hilda Thatcher's.

Bush Slowed me down.

I got jiggy with it with Slick Willie.

George W has it in reverse and I can hear the devil.

Obama's father would say he's nasi.

Lets go all the way with Hiluuuuray, no matter the nausea.

Cheers

Go here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBDivsSe3k

Is there anywhere the song from The Sweet named: The man with the golden arm to be found?

what version do you want, i have 2 concerts by the sweet, london rainbow 1973 and odenese denmark 1976.

the song is on both concerts, but includes the drum solo (which can be edited out).

do you want the whole concert, or just this song?