Cheating Visa/permit Company Individuals

davethailand

I've just arrived back home from a very nice and unexpected meeting with the chief immigration officer at soi 8 in pattaya.

I'm in the process of getting my new singer a work permit (on its way) and yesterday i was given her passport with her new non imm b visa in it.

Last night an immigration officer came to the bar and asked for her work permit, "she's not working or getting paid as her permit is'nt ready" he was told, anyway we got rid of him and i wondered why for the first time in nearly 3 years are they checking, obviously he'd been tipped off.

Called my lawyer today and was invited to soi 8 to meet the boss and tell him who came, all sorted lovely jubbly and the singer is now at home waiting for the blue book. And the officer was told not to come back.

My point is, I was told today that the visa agent who got the visa for her was the one that called her immigration officer friend and told him to go and catch her out (to the visa agent - Ha unlucky :D ), this agent has been doing the singers business for 4 years now, is she jealous because i won't let her do the work permit? also i asked the agent (with the singers permission) for her passport as i wanted my lawyer to get her visa, No she said, why? i wondered, i've now seen the passport. she already had a 3 month non imm b visa and i could have had her on stage with a permit over a week ago. bitch :o She just wanted the cash.

Becareful anyone out there, Don't work without the blue one. :D

:D

Dave, please disclose the name of the visa agent. Such a crappy business deserves everything that (isn't) coming at them!

Please be aware of the law on defamation, and the forum rule as well.

PM Dave if you want the name.

Thanks

I think if you tell the truth it can't be construed as defamation.

I would never use an agent myself, why bother, I deal directly with immigration but I am just p*ssed off with the number of shady business in this place ... and you're not even allowed to complain, if you do you're either considered rude or being shot...

The Preacher, you're certainly living up to your tag but have totally missed the point of the thread.

What davethailand said is that whilst his employee was in the process of getting a work permit for which she qualified he did not allow her to work. However, her agent, believing the employee to be already working, got the immigration boys to go round and bust her because she (the agent) was miffed that she wasn't being involved in the application formalities and therefore wasn't getting her cut. As mentioned, the singer was not working and was therefore not nicked. Therefore no problem. In fact Dave states in his original post:-

Don't work without the blue one.

Scouse.