Obama, Hillary Or Mccain?

swain

Whilst Ghana doesn't have a big splashing embassy with brawny Ghanaian Marines coordinating security on a sprawling complex in the heart of Wireless Road, they do have one close to that in nearby Japan.

Embassy of Ghana

P.O. Box 16,

Tokyo.

Whilst Ghana doesn't have a big splashing embassy with brawny Ghanaian Marines coordinating security on a sprawling complex in the heart of Wireless Road, they do have one close to that in nearby Japan.

Japan is one of the biggest aid donors to Ghana so that makes sense or doesn't it :o

It does, but it seems you overlooked that Embassy of Ghana in Japan is a Post Office Box... but that's ok, I snapped some CCTV-security still photos of the brawny Ghanaian Marines coordinating security during exercises just outside the Embassy.

imagesrrrr.jpg

It does make a difference, the current administration was our mistake and now its time to correct that mistake.

I think the best is still to come.

Well good luck with that, I hope the US voters can.

Its just that, well, the options are not entirely inspiring are they?

Obama, little experience but maybe a new broom is good

Hilary, would she be anywhere if not for the Clinton surname, in the same way as would GWB be President if he was not a Bush?

And McCain, well yes, a sound man, but he really should have done this 10 years ago. Unfair, but it counts against him does it not?

Whatever, choose wisely. For now at least the USA is the most powerful country in the world.

Nduom, Akufo, or Mills? Who is the best candidate for Thailand Expats?

I think we can all agree that these are the only real choices left in the race. The dollar, the war, and everything!? Who can get us (Ghanaians) out of the mess we are in?

I'm an Akufo man myself.

Current yank admin is quite alright - done a fair job cleaning up the previous admin blunders. :D

Like you have a clue :o

I was going to use the exact same response to the response on my post above....

Nduom is clearly the much better candidate.

Dollar up you mean :o

I hope the Ghanian Cedi goes back, as well...

It's currently trading at 298 Cedis for 1 Thai Baht, a 10-year low.

Why? You wanna kill the Ghanian pineapple exporters?

Cedi is used all over the world? It makes up a big part of the reserves of many different countries? Dollars and the president elect in the USA has a bit more relevance.. and you have beaten us over the head with out irrelevant you think this thread is.

Point taken... and taken ... and taken...

Dollar up you mean :D

You do have a point there... but they need to make sacrifices, too, for the good of the country. Any currency that you can get over a quarter million of for a 1,000 baht note indicates that something needs to be done... and Nduom is just the man to do so. :o

Cedi is used all over the world? It makes up a big part of the reserves of many different countries? Dollars and the president elect in the USA has a bit more relevance.. and you have beaten us over the head with out irrelevant you think this thread is.

It's not irrelevant at all. I think it's terrific we can discuss a non-Thailand topic this long... and I've been supressing my strong feelings about Ghana politics for such a long time, so I do apologize for the flurry. I won't interject any further.

It's not irrelevant at all. I think it's terrific we can discuss a non-Thailand topic this long... and I've been supressing my strong feelings about Ghana politics for such a long time, so I do apologize for the flurry. I won't interject any further.

This is your point.. to dilute the thread where it makes no sense anymore... and try to point out again again how you think this is a non thailand topic. This topic holds value to ... ya know what.. this thread is so polluted now .. it holds no hope of being taken seriously.. might as well delete it.

This is your point.. to dilute the thread where it makes no sense anymore... and try to point out again again how you think this is a non thailand topic. This topic holds value to ... ya know what.. this thread is so polluted now .. it holds no hope of being taken seriously.. might as well delete it.

You got it. And this how it goes on here with those with another agenda. Dilution and pollution is a "journalist" trick

So back to your point. The results in the USA affect all the world.

It should not be deleted, the results of the US election effects Thailand and has resonance around the world

Edited by yorkman

Dollar up you mean :D

You do have a point there... but they need to make sacrifices, too, for the good of the country. Any currency that you can get over a quarter million of for a 1,000 baht note indicates that something needs to be done... and Nduom is just the man to do so. :o

Well you could be right although Nduom is more of a coconut man who recently sided with the Japenese in their outcropping program giving him an edge in cacao as well :D

Despite my longing it's maybe a good move to short the pineapple for a while and go long on coffee.

The chosen Democrat candidate may well become President of the USA, which surely has implications, for relations with Thailand.

Do any of the candidates, Democrat or republican, have policies relevant to 3rd-world or emerging-world countries ? Who would the new PPP-government view, as being most friendly towards Thailand ? Do Thais living in America have any views on all of this ? Have any of the candidates ever visited Thailand ?

Do they know where Thailand is ? :D:o

I think McCain spent some time in North Viet Nam as a guest and would make an outstanding cammander in chief.

I agree with you Skip. McCain has a lot of principle, which means he probably won't get elected. Anyone but Hillary. If she is elected, I will be on the first plane out of the Land of the Big PX.

I think Thailand's Ida Amin Samak would most relate to John McCain given their shared history of anti-communist activism during the Vietnam era. I think the people of Thailand would most like Romney, he looks like movie star. I don't know if any of the front runners has ever visited here thogh I would think it is likely McCain has. I do think Hillary has the best chance of beating McCain. McCain is a very strong foreign policy hawk, if there is any kind of international incident during the campaign, he can attack Obama based on his lack of expeience with foreign policy (or really much of anything else).

Edited by Jingthing