Healthcare In Thailand

Jaime

Any ideas how much one could expect to pay for family health cover insurance in LoS? Low end, mid range and high end and what one can expect for the money?

I have heard bad things about healthcare in HH from expat residents and articles on the web. One hospital in particular gets very bad reviews! What are the options in HH. Elective treatment is one thing but where do you go for accident & emergency in HH?

Well my experience has been just the oppersite, the San Paulo hospital in Hua Hin is both clean and effecient.

I managed to knock myself out on a shop overhang, :o there was no shortage of help and a police man gave me a lift to the hospital on the back of his bike. The hospital stitched the wound promptly and I was left with a 400 bht bill.

My experience with San Paulo is the people are very nice however it is dirty by my standards. I would recommend Petcharat in Petchaburi as the closest decent hospital for anything serious. I have had mostly good experiences with San Paulo, even they realize their limitations and will advise moving to a more qualified facility as necessary. A scrape from a bike accident is one thing, people who check in and don't check out with no known cause of death is another!

• 2 weeks later...