Tick Bite

Spaniel

About a month ago a friend of mine was bitten by a tick. He was able to remove it and didn't think anything about it. After several weeks though he noticed that the bite hadn't healed. He has just started taking Pentrexyl, 500mg, twice a day and using Kenacomb cream. Is this a good combination of drugs to treat it? Has anyone had experience with tick bites?

About a month ago a friend of mine was bitten by a tick. He was able to remove it and didn't think anything about it. After several weeks though he noticed that the bite hadn't healed. He has just started taking Pentrexyl, 500mg, twice a day and using Kenacomb cream. Is this a good combination of drugs to treat it? Has anyone had experience with tick bites?

If he just pulled the tick off, it is likely that some mouthpieces of the tick had broken off and remained imbedded in the skin. The bite won't heal unless this is removed. It may form an abscess which will then expel the foreign material if drained. Otherwise may require a small surgical incision.

Tick should ideally be covered with a substance such as vaseline or other which smothers or kills them and they drop off intact.

I would consult an good Hospital ASAP. Tik bites could be very dangerous if they bit in the head. It's most common that Tik's falling down from above and landing mostly on the head. Tik bites even dangerous for the brain.

Cheers.